It's Tax Time!!

I did mine on the TurboTax website last year and paid like 10 bucks to do my state taxes there as well....it worked out ok.

SuBe's idea of dirty talk

"Oh yeah Baby, I'm going to make you file a 1040 form. C'mon b*tch, tell me what other assets you need to declare. How about some loopholes, I'll give you some loopholes. I'm gonna write you off so bad...that's how you like it, isn't it"

:lmao: good stuff...throw in some "Whose deduction is this!! Whose deduction is this!!"

Ahhhh VAT and National Tax im glad i live in the UK then i dont have to fill anything out :)

Oh wait.... im still paying Tax DAMMIT!! :mad:
UK Tax Rate:

Corporate: 30%
Individual: 0-40%
VAT: 15%
COMBINED: 85%

US Tax Rate:

Corporate: 15-35%
Individual: 15-35%
VAT: 0%
Combined: 30%-70%, with 13.85% FICA (Payroll Taxes) 43.85-83.85%

Remember, YOU pay Corporate Tax Rates, not Corporations.

I have gone for both a tax service and turbo tax but this year mine are pretty simple so i'll probally just do it myself

I always do my taxes on my own.

Did I say I hate the IRS before? Cause I do.

doing mine on Turbo Tax right now:up:
used it the last 3 yrs.

I got my W-2 today, and instead of waiting a month for the Dept of Ed to send me the tax form about my student loan, I logged into their website to get my tax information. It's already up on their site without having to wait for it by mail.
and i'm getting back all that I paid :up:

doing mine on Turbo Tax right now:up:
used it the last 3 yrs.

I got my W-2 today, and instead of waiting a month for the Dept of Ed to send me the tax form about my student loan, I logged into their website to get my tax information. It's already up on their site without having to wait for it by mail.
and i'm getting back all that I paid :up:

I like Turbo Tax. I used to use it before I went back to school for accounting.

EDIT: And congrats on the refund!

Are you in a non-state-income-tax state and itemizing your deductions?

If so, you generally have three options for deducting your state and local sales taxes:

1. If you saved your receipts for the year, you can use the total of those sales taxes paid for your deduction.

2. You can use the deduction tables starting on page A-11 of the instructions for Schedules A and B (found here: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040sa.pdf )

3. You can use the sales tax calculator found here: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=152421,00.html

My advice: Check all three (or at least numbers 2 and 3) and see which one allows for the largest deduction. For me, that was the sales tax calculator.

Anybody get their refunds back yet? I filed mine on 1/24, and supposedly it's supposed to be deposited on 2/6, but people have been saying they got glitches and ****.

Anybody get their refunds back yet? I filed mine on 1/24, and supposedly it's supposed to be deposited on 2/6, but people have been saying they got glitches and ****.

Be patient and be glad your getting one terry. More importantly, be glad you don't live in CA like me and a number of others who will most likely be getting IOUs.:csad:

TurboTax FTW. I've used H&R Block, TurboTax, Hewlett Jackson, and TaxAct. TurboTax always gives me the better return.

Tax season honestly makes me feel like a friggin idiot. As much as I try to read up on taxes, I feel like I just don't understand it. I had to call my state comptroller with a question about a form today, and even when he asked me basic questions such as, "did you itemize your deductions for federal taxes in 2007?" I felt like he was speaking a foreign language. This will be my first year actually having to pay when I file my taxes because before I was in college and could just apply for my refund...so it should be an interesting process. Ugh :csad:

Tax season honestly makes me feel like a friggin idiot. As much as I try to read up on taxes, I feel like I just don't understand it. I had to call my state comptroller with a question about a form today, and even when he asked me basic questions such as, "did you itemize your deductions for federal taxes in 2007?" I felt like he was speaking a foreign language. This will be my first year actually having to pay when I file my taxes because before I was in college and could just apply for my refund...so it should be an interesting process. Ugh :csad:
With the FairTax, you would never need to pay someone to do your taxes again, AND you never even need to file. It's so simple and easy to understand the Actual Bill is only 128 Pages long. Our current Tax Code is over 70,000 Pages long.

Or in Pelosi Math: It's over 20 Millions Pages long!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"