Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome. I think I'm picking up X this weekend and I was still torn on starters. I'll probably go with Froakie.

Protean is its hidden ability, the starter you'll get will always have Torrent.

I wish the starters would get better abilities. That powering up moves in a pinch is crap.

So after the Smash Bros reveal, I decided to raise a badass Greninja, and I'm thinking it could be my new favorite Pokemon. Its got it's hidden ability and is outrageously fast. I finally have somebody that can sweep my best friends entire team.

After watching the Smash Bros footage that will be the second game I purchase on Nintendo 3DS

I wish the starters would get better abilities. That powering up moves in a pinch is crap.

They all have hidden abilities. Only Gen II and IV starters haven't had theirs officially released though. The Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent abilities do have their uses. For example, Swampert's hidden ability is Damp, which isn't very useful. Since he's usually built as a tank, he's not going to be a OHKO in most cases. So he can take advantage of being low health to deal bonus damage.

So I finally trained my best Pokemon yet. I got a Greninja with it's hidden ability. It's Speed is completely maxed out at 377. SpATK could be better at 302, but he does get a STAB with every move I use, so it works for me. He's now the highlight of my team. I've got:

Bastiodon
Greninja
Garchomp
Ferrothorn
Dusknoir
Muk

They all have hidden abilities. Only Gen II and IV starters haven't had theirs officially released though. The Blaze/Overgrow/Torrent abilities do have their uses. For example, Swampert's hidden ability is Damp, which isn't very useful. Since he's usually built as a tank, he's not going to be a OHKO in most cases. So he can take advantage of being low health to deal bonus damage.

Actually, Gen IV starters have had dream world abilities since 2013 (Wal-Mart exclusive code from the DW). Though I'm assuming you meant Gen V, since it hasn't gotten released DW abilities yet.

Yeah, I meant Gen V. Reckless Emboar and Sheer Force Feraligatr are begging to be released.

So I'm trying to figure out breeding for IV's and it's some kind of sorcery. Any of you guys have any tips for IV breeding?

Hey guys chancing my arm here but does anyone have a ha treecko they're willing to trade. I've been trying the gts for the past few days with no luck

My fc is 4639-9144-6968

So I'm trying to figure out breeding for IV's and it's some kind of sorcery. Any of you guys have any tips for IV breeding?

Go to the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. The guy on the left near the changing room will tell you the IVs of Pokemon. After its overall ranking, he'll tell you what it's perfect IVs are (as well as if it has a 0IV in one stat, this is useful for certain Pokemon).

When you breed a Pokemon, you'll want one parent to hold an Everstone (to pass on the nature) and the other to hold a Destiny Knot, this will make the child randomly inherit 5IVs from either parent (it can be 5 from one and 0 from another or 3 from one and 2 from another). Hatch them in Lumiouse City (run around the tower). Then check the children with the guy in Kiloude City. As you get better children, use them to replace one the parents.

What helps is getting a Ditto from a Friend Safari, since it can 2-3 perfect IVs.

You want to work on IVs after you've got the egg moves and natures you want.

What I'd really like to do is work a whole team around Kabutops Swift Swim ability.

Are you guys getting the Super Smash Bros game when that is released? All the pokemon characters in it make it more worthy of a buy

Just picked up Pokemon X, going with Froakie.

Anybody have recommendations for a moveset? Probably won't use him for competitive online battles, just for the game.

So when are we gonna see some events/legendary Pokemon here in NA?

Just picked up Pokemon X, going with Froakie.

Anybody have recommendations for a moveset? Probably won't use him for competitive online battles, just for the game.

Not really good at this but since the Pokemon's Special Attack is higher, this is a possible moveset:

Hydro Pump/Surf
Water Pulse/Scald
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory (for any Fight-type Pokemon that think they're clever for taking on your fully-evolved Pokemon)

Are you guys getting the Super Smash Bros game when that is released? All the pokemon characters in it make it more worthy of a buy

I was planning to buy it anyway.

Not really good at this but since the Pokemon's Special Attack is higher, this is a possible moveset:

Hydro Pump/Surf
Water Pulse/Scald
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory (for any Fight-type Pokemon that think they're clever for taking on your fully-evolved Pokemon)

Don't need 2 Water moves. Surf or Scald will be best, Surf being convenient for surfing. Ice Beam or Grass Knot are good options.

gotta say im loving these games, got X when it came out, and got Y for free on a nintendo promotion when I registered my 3ds.

if anyone is looking to trade legendaries let me know

if anyone wants to add me to their friend list for friend safari, see info below, but please PM me with your info if you add me so I can add you back otherwise its pointless

3DS: 2492-4456-0621 nick:Robby ingame:Ashley (Friend Safari Type DRAGON)

I wonder if we'll get a third game of this gen announcement at E3. Seems like Z version is a no brainer, with Zygarde as the macot.

Is there any doubt to it? Don't they always do that? I thought they did. I'm also expecting another remake duo. Getting about that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"