It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hippie_hunter

hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I would like to play the events.

2. Fading

Fading ---

This isn't a confirmed date, but a little Pokebank news is circulating. First Nintendo released a pic of Pikachu dressed as all the Megas currently not in Sun and Moon. Second Nintendo's Honk Kong branch leaked newsabout Pokebank features. Such as Pokedex entries carrying over, and eggs hatched (so all tied to the same Pokebank account?). Also gen 1 Pokemon from the digital Red and Blue games get 3 31 IV's like legendaries. So it's probably getting close to being ready. It was supposed to be January anyway, so hopefully in the next week or two.

#952 Fading, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  3. Fading

Fading ---

4. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Pikachu Yellow New 3DS XL Launching In North America In February. January 24, 2017 . 8:00am

North Americans who had an eye on Japan’s Pikachu Yellow New Nintendo 3DS XL released last year can get one next month on February 24, 2017.

18 comments Read >

Also with

[​IMG]
    Pokémon Sun & Moon’s Third Global Mission Will Involve Trading Pokémon. January 24, 2017 . 11:30am

Pokémon Sun & Moon players will have a chance to challenge another Global Mission which will involve trading Pokémon through the Pokémon Global Trade Station.

4 comments Read >

'

source: Siliconera

5. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

The Pokemon Bank update is live!

6. WolfCypher

Well, gotta get my Super Perfect Ditto off X.

7. Fading

Fading ---

I just finished organizing my Pokebank. 12 boxes of extra bred Pokemon inbetween XY, ORAS, and Sun & Moon. Why did I keep so many?

Anyway, they're not perfect IV, but some do have good egg moves, and hidden abilities. If anyone wants one, even just to fill the pokedex, tell me. You could always put up a trash 'Mon for which you want. Have leftover -

Growlithe with egg moves (morning sun/close combat/Flare Blitz) 2 adamants.
    Torchic with speed boost and baton pass
    Gligar with immunity
    Ferroseed with leach seed and stealth rock
    Ralts with (shadow sneak, encore, destiny bond, and memento)
    Larvitar thats Jolly with (dragon dance, outrage, stealth rock)
    Froakie timid with protean ability
    Gible with outrage
    Dratini with marvel scale
    Zoroark
    Scyther with technician
    3 extra Charmanders, 2 Chimchars, 4 Feebas, 4 Ditto, a few Snivy, Tynamo, Elekid, Litwick, Beldum, Riolu, Mareanie, Rowlet, Popplio, and Phione

Think that covers it, lol.

#957 Fading, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  8. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

Two articles from the same place

[​IMG]

Pokémon Duel, The Strategy Smartphone Game With Pokémon Figures Out Now. January 25, 2017 . 2:30am

Originally announced as Pokémon Comaster in Japan last year, the Pokémon series’ strategic smartphone game with board game elements and figures is now available in the West as Pokémon Duel.

11 comments Read >

Also with

[​IMG]

Pokémon Bank Gives Users Mew’s Z-Crystal To Celebrate New Update. January 25, 2017 . 8:00am

When given to a Mew, this Z-Crystal will unlock its ability to use the Z-Move Genesis Supernova.

6 comments Read >

source:
    Siliconera.

#958 zenith16, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. Spidey-Bat

Which game are you playing?

An issue with using AR codes for the events is you need to have a flag triggered in the game in addition to the item. DP had a Darkrai event, you can walk to the island where he's located from the island you explore with the Lucario guy. It's how I got mine (although that Darkrai won't transfer to Gen VI).

In HGSS, there is an event you can trigger with Arceus and Celebi. I think the Pokemon themselves are all you'd need.

10. WolfCypher

I got my 1st Gold Cap from Pelago.

11. hippie_hunter

My main games were Platinum and HeartGold.

12. hippie_hunter

Or would I just be better off to just move on to GenV and hope that Nintendo will release the Pokémon in the future.

13. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Using Pokémon Bank To Transfer Solrock Or Lunatone Will Unlock A Special Scene In Pokémon Sun & Moon. January 26, 2017 . 11:30am

By bringing the Pokémon Solrock to Sun version or Lunatone to Moon, you can unlock a special scene with a certain character in the Haina Desert.

Start a discussion! Read >

source: Siliconera

#963 zenith16, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  14. Spidey-Bat

You can get an Action Replay and use Pokesav to create Pokemon you're missing.

Definitely get Gen V if only to transfer between Gen IV and VI. I wasn't a huge fan of those games though.

15. Fading

Fading ---

With the Pokebank opening up a new cutscene, I always thought this lore tie in was nice too. Just in case any of you didn't play ORAS (you all probably know this, just in case someone doesn't), it's implied the Pokemon universe is split. Where the mega evolution games are separate from the previous games. Kinda like the split Zelda timeline.

In Pokemon Sun and Moon Anabel is the detective who helps you catch Ultra Beasts alongside Looker. Looker says she came out of a UB portal one day with amnesia. -[​IMG]

However she's actually -

Salon Maiden Anabel, one of the Frontier Brain's from Pokemon Emerald's Battle Tower.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Salon_Maiden_Anabel
    [​IMG]

#965 Fading, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  16. Fading

Fading ---

Funny thing is, she was in the anime, and knew Ash. It's going to be weird if she shows up in the Sun and Moon anime. Because she's from another universe, while the Ash that met her back then is the same Ash. Anyway, just a weird tidbit.

17. Spidey-Bat

I'm starting to get annoyed with GameFreak's poor QA when it comes to Pokemon moves.

They introduced a good mechanic with Pokemon automatically learning a move upon level-up. Examples being the Alolan starters getting their signature moves automatically at their final stage.

However, there was a huge miss on this with Alolan Marowak. It's a Fire/Ghost but learns one Ghost move, Shadow Bone which happens to be its signature move. However, it gets this move at level 27. Cubone evolves at level 28. The move relearner isn't available until reaching the Elite 4 and Heart Scales aren't as easy to farm since fishing is limited to spots now.

I transferred my Bulbasaur and from XY. They goofed on its moveset. It learns Vine Whip at level 7 and 9, it never learns Leech Seed. Fortunately, Ivysaur and Venusar can via move relearner.

These are pretty minor but it's still annoying and their slow patching cycle doesn't help.

18. Fading

Fading ---

Same. Also disappointed at the lack of move tutors. Several new Pokemon this gen just need one nudge to be good. A draing punch, or something. Yet they'll have to wait for Pokemon Stars, which could be Switch exclusive for all we know. I wish they'd follow modern gaming trends, and allow patches to add more to the in game world. Like patch 3.10 adds move tutors to blank island a year after launch. Some of these things shouldn't be held back as selling points for the next game. Especially when that game is years off.

19. Spidey-Bat

I hate move tutors. The pattern now is they're absent from the first games in a gen, then included in the next games. They're pointless now with TMs being re-usable, they were only added in FRLG because some moves were no longer TMs in Gen 3 that were in Gen 1 (e.g. Rock Slide and Softboiled).

They will need to add more TMs eventually, just do it now and make those tutor moves purchasable post-game with BP. Never bring back shards or some other useless currency.

Oh, and let's not forget that there are no good level grinding spots in SUMO and there's one Lucky Egg in the entire game. Pelippers holding them in ORAS was great. But let's take that out. GameFreak: Creating and abandoning great features every generation.

20. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Can't you get Heart Scales when you eat at the Z-Noodles shop in the Old Seafolk Village?

21. Spidey-Bat

I was not aware of that. It's still only a once-a-day event. It was a breeze in XY. Just use the Old Rod with a Pokemon with Thief and you could get a dozen in an hour.

There was a good post on Reddit about how anti-leveling SuMo is https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5qp1uo/can_we_just_talk_about_how_antilevelling_sun_and/

SuMo might be my 2nd least favorite of the series. The Trials were a nice change, although I still prefer gyms, and I liked how the islands allowed easy back-tracking. The story was held back by all the hand-holding early and cutscenes almost every other area. The post-game is pretty empty. I'm not a fan of the Ultra Beasts. It's the same problem with Gen V, too many legendary-ish tier Pokemon which is already to polluting the metagame (see Celesteela).

22. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

I don't get the whole less new Pokémon trend for the new generations. I don't think they should be as ambitious as Gen V, but at least try to strive for 100. And I mean TRY don't cop out with a bunch of filler Legends and give Komala a proper evolution.

23. Fading

Fading ---

I'm guessing it's because they intentionally held back some for the Switch version. Dataminers were saying there were unidentified placeholders, and found Pokemon walk animations (probably used for a Pokemon following you). Plus every big town in S&M has a vacant lot where something is being built. Since Pokemon Stars/Eclipse will probably be considered a system seller, I bet they add on more than usual. More Alolan forms, more new Pokemon, moves, move tutors, new story, possibly the vacant lots being buyable housing or something.

24. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

I know I'm late to the party in mentioning this, but **** the call for help system. I've been just trying to catch a simple Magby for 40 minute because it keeps calling for help.

Edit: finally caught the little bastard. But that was stupid.

#974 Scarecrow_King, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  25. Spidey-Bat

I'm still skeptical about a Pokemon on the Switch. I would welcome it since Sumo is horribly laggy on a 3DS in battles.

It has it uses. For example, Eevee can call Umbreon or Espeon and Bagon can call a level 10 Salamence. Chaining them also increases the chances of good IVs. But I still prefer hoardes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.