J.K Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by XtremelyBaneful, Jun 28, 2021.

1. The Infernal Mky Mk

I like that we see Jonah out and about and not just on a tv screen. Hopefully he gets to act with the rest of the cast.

2. Detective Conan Registered

J.K. Simmons talks J. Jonah Jameson makeover in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home'

3. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

JJJ was easily my least favorite part of NWH. I HATE that they've turned him into the MCU's Alex Jones, hawking supplements from a basement. We've never been more in need of inspirational depictions of quality journalism, not to mention serious conversations about vigilante justice. And Marvel really dropped the ball by flanderizing Jonah.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  4. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I wish they at least gave him a fun scene at the end where he's not on the other end of Peter's misery. He was just unlikeable here.

ironman29758 and CadeSkywalker28 like this.
  5. Mr. Peanut Registered

I have to admit, this version of JJJ did end up falling kind of flat for me. Like...it was exciting to see him again in the post-credits of FFH, but now it rings hollow compared to all the other familiar faces. The returning Spider-men and the returning villains were actually the same exact characters we remembered from the past movies. Whereas this new JJJ is essentially just some random political pundit who happens to look and sound like the JJJ we remember.

The fact that they didn't even acknowledge the similarity makes it feel extra pointless, and kind of weird. I love the idea someone once mentioned of having Tobey's Spider-man see JJJ on a screen and point out that his JJJ looks the same, followed by Andrew's Spider-man pointing out that his (off-screen) JJJ also looks the same, implying that JJJ's appearance is just some bizarre multiversal constant. Shame they didn't at least do something like that.

#55 Mr. Peanut, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  6. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

JJJ was awful here... This is one of this "ideas" that are cool only as "ideas", because how it look in reality? We have Alex Jones caricature which somehow is broadcasted everywhere... This doesn't add up.

I mean... You have JK Simmons as JJJ and you give literally everyone funny dialogues and quips but not him?

7. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

It is strange because JK Simmons brought the humor like no other in the role but here he really doesn't get anything of that sort with the way they have him playing it here. I guess there's room for the role to expand again later but here it was one-note despite being very good to see him, and we all know his JJJ was never one-note before.

8. Drizzle Hello there!

Not bringing in the Raimiverse JJJ and having the two of them meet was just a waste to me. It would have made for a fun post-credits scene.

9. XtremelyBaneful xoxxxoooxo

or just a scene with Tobey looking at the tv and being like "wow, your Jameson looks just like mine! I guess yours didn't trust his barber :\"

10. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

^ I was half expecting , when Ned kept asking "if their universe had Neds" Tobey to say something about a Ned that worked at the Bugle... and Ned asking if his "J.J. hated Spider-man too"

#60 Spider-Fan83, Dec 28, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    Spider-Aziz and ironman29758 like this.
  11. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

I definitely think there's room to expand and improve his role. Especially now, with Peter primed to start selling footage of Spider-man. I'd love to see him and Jonah have to team up to solve a street-level crime mystery in the next movie.

12. PBisawsem2B Registered

Even Lizard was more comedic than JJJ.

13. Dweet Registered

They wasted J.K. Simmons.

XtremelyBaneful likes this.
  14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

15. Spider-Aziz Dummy Dragon Holo

The exchange between him and Spider-Man is one of my favorite things about this movie.

Venom 1988 likes this.