J.K. Simmons IS Commissioner Gordon

Angel0fDeath

Mask Of The Phantasm
Reaction score
"Justice League" adds J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon :

The Justice League has found its Commissioner Gordon.
Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been cast as the Gotham City police commissioner.

Justice League, which will be directed by Zack Snyder, sees heroes Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) teaming up to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities.

Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay for Justice League, which will be released in two parts by Warner Bros. It's produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder.

Justice League: Part One will start shooting in mid-April. It's slated for release on Nov 17, 2017 while Part Two will hit theaters on June 14, 2019. Warner Bros.' next DC film will be Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which hits theaters on March 25.

The DC Comics character Commissioner James Gordon has been played by a slew of actors over the years, including Lyle Talbot in the 1949 series Batman and Robin, Neil Hamilton in the TV series Batman in the 1960s, Pat Hingle in the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman moviefranchise, and most recently, by Gary Oldman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight films. The character is an integral part of the Batman literary mythos and is the lead character in Gotham, Fox's take on Gordon's early days, where he is played by Ben McKenzie.
Simmons is already a familiar face in the superhero world as he played publisher J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-jk-simmons-873227

Unexpected than a mother****er.

Which is why I don't buy any rumors. Glad to see him cast.

Wow wow wow this is good casting.

I'm going to be THAT GUY but I don't like it because he was so iconic in Spidey.

Last edited:
"Who is Batman? HE'S A CRIMINAL!! A vigilante." Oh this is going to be FUUNN!!

Loved him as J. Jonah Jameson in the Raimi Spider-Man movies. He's versatile, he can play gruff, lovable and abrasive.

Unexpected but GREAT pick.

Can't wait for the part where he tells Batman to scram and get him more pictures of Spider-Man.

tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno1_250.gif
tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno2_250.gif

tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno3_250.gif
tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno4_250.gif

tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno5_250.gif
tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno6_250.gif

tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno7_250.gif
tumblr_n0c804SUuP1rsoylno8_250.gif

Now that's what the **** I'm talking about.

Simmons was one of my top choices for Gordon.

Didn't expect this, but JK is good casting for just about any role. Though it's a bit of a shame given his recent comments on his role as JJJ in Spiderr-man. Hopefully he can still do the cartoons at least.

Most shocking casting I've seen for these films thus far.

Nice surprise

Never in a million years would I have guessed this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"