The Amazing Spider-Man Jackie Earle Haley as Cletus Kasady?

HAHAHHAHAHHA at Venom being the greatest comic book villian. HAHAHA.

Hes not even really in Spideys top 3.

People love to act liek Venom was some sort misjustice in SM3, like they had a character with the popularity or potential of The Joker and messed it up, Venom for a LONG time even in the comics was a one dementional character. Just a step up from Carnage, who is even lower, but both are great fun to watch destory things.

I really didn't mind Venom's time or useage in the film, cause really, hes fun to look at, brings a nice conflict, but all and all, he will never be up to the standards of a Goblin or Doc Ock.

But on topic, i never thought about it, but JEH kinda has that Kasady vibe, if for nothing else, but just use him AS Kasady, as this crazy serial killer.

Well said :up:

Lol, people, obviusly I was being sarcastic about Venom.
I dont care what people say, Venom was just purely horrible in Spiderman 3.
Just proves how Raimi doesnt like Venom.

HAHAHHAHAHHA at Venom being the greatest comic book villian. HAHAHA.

Hes not even really in Spideys top 3.

People love to act like Venom was some sort misjustice in SM3, like they had a character with the popularity or potential of The Joker and messed it up, Venom for a LONG time even in the comics was a one dementional character. Just a step up from Carnage, who is even lower, but both are great fun to watch destory things.

I really didn't mind Venom's time or useage in the film, cause really, hes fun to look at, brings a nice conflict, but all and all, he will never be up to the standards of a Goblin or Doc Ock.

But on topic, i never thought about it, but JEH kinda has that Kasady vibe, if for nothing else, but just use him AS Kasady, as this crazy serial killer.

I agree that Venom wont bring up to the standards of Green Goblin and Doc Ock, but using him for just 10 minutes of screen time was unacceptable.
Also, you said Venom is great fun to watch destroy things, but even that Raimi failed to do it.

Last edited:
I think Jackie be a great choice, maybe they'll run it past him.

It really bothers me when people see a movie and immediately start a band wagon on making that specific actor their 'go-to'

I remember when SM3 was starting up and even during SM2, a lot of people were posting to have the wrestler something Brock to play venom

Just because he's blonde and his name has Brock in it... doesn't mean he's right for the role.

Same principle applies here
Just because he has red hair and played someone who is mentally unstable doesn't make him right for the role.

That logic makes any crazy redhead eligible. Like carrot top.

He does seem to fit the look perfectly, but, I'm just one of those people who doesn't like this kind of speculation. Plus, I really don't want Carnage in any of the Spider-Man films, atleast, not right now. After Venom has been done some justice, but we know that won't happen.

Spider-man movies will not pass the PG13, they lose out on $$ if they do.

no carnage.

No Carnage in the movies...ever. He's Venom-Lite. He's the Diet Coke of Venom. His first appearance in the comics was the only time he was cool. Everything since has been a downward spiral.

Also, wouldn't another symbiote make Spidey look kind of lame? We had two Goblins, now two symbiotes? What next? She-Ock?

I'm not really big on seeing Carnage in a Spider-Man movie. Carnage has never been one of my favorites. If Carnage HAS to be in a movie though, then Jackie Earle Haley would be the right guy for the job. Haley rocks.

Haley is too good of an actor to waste on a one dimensional character like Carnage. I'd rather see him as Electro or something.

I'd rather see Cillian Murphy as Carnage.

Yeah, Knepper is and has been my first choice but Haley as Rorschach had the look down but also the attitude. I could however see Haley as Cletus Kassidy. He's proven he can play psychotic, despicable bastards.

im not tryin to start anything, but i think it's funny how people are compainging for carnage, yet; still complaining about how ****** they think eddie was, even though i liked topher as eddie/venom

Last edited:
I am in agreement that Carnage would not be an ideal villain, but I do think that IF they were to do it Haley would fit the looks if nothing else. Personally, I think they're pressing their luck with a fourth movie, and as much as I'd love to see it be a good movie, I doubt it will be. Sooner or later, we'll see it go the way of Hulk, Punisher, and Batman...REBOOT.

I am in agreement that Carnage would not be an ideal villain, but I do think that IF they were to do it Haley would fit the looks if nothing else. Personally, I think they're pressing their luck with a fourth movie, and as much as I'd love to see it be a good movie, I doubt it will be. Sooner or later, we'll see it go the way of Hulk, Punisher, and Batman...REBOOT.
Undoubtably, mate. However, I'm glad to see that this franchise is still going pretty strong and (unlike you) I DO believe that this film will be good(possibly greater than "good"). I may be pushing my hand, but I have faith in these films.

Undoubtably, mate. However, I'm glad to see that this franchise is still going pretty strong and (unlike you) I DO believe that this film will be good(possibly greater than "good"). I may be pushing my hand, but I have faith in these films.

I think the next film could be on a level with the first movie. I really don't expect it to be as bad as SM3 or as good as SM2(although I'm hoping and praying I'm wrong).

I think the next film could be on a level with the first movie. I really don't expect it to be as bad as SM3 or as good as SM2(although I'm hoping and praying I'm wrong).
All that I know is that my heart and senses tell me that they'll most definitely make the right improvements for this installment. So, I'm just "praying" for the ladder.

carnage.. how the devil are they going to depict him in a PG-13 movie? just saying..

They'd be able to...he doesn't have to be all blood and guts, and I think Jackie in the role would be able to bring something more to the role than Carnage simply being a superpowered Joker.

Things Carnage does to people makes Joker look like a baby.

Well, by that I mean physically does to people, not mentally **** with their minds.

I know, but I want him to be more than a twisted laughing maniacal superpowered Joker. Jackie would be the perfect actor to add a little more depth to the character while making him very creepy, eerie, and scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"