Jackson Signs 9 Picture Deal, and S.H.I.E.L.D. movie in the works?

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
Samuel L. Jackson is Marvel's man.

The actor, who just weeks ago was seemingly on the outs with the studio over reprising his role as Nick Fury, agent of spy outfit S.H.I.E.L.D., has signed an unprecedented nine-picture deal to play the character in a series of Marvel movies.

The movies include "Iron Man 2," "Thor," "Captain America," "The Avengers" and its sequels.

Also on the table is the possibility of toplining a "S.H.I.E.L.D." movie, which is in development.

The actor is repped by ICM and Anonymous Content.

SOURCE

The door would be wide open for cameos in a SHIELD film. I would think they would have to keep Black Widow involved.

A nine-movie deal? Sheesh.

I can understand a three- or four-pic deal a la RDJ, but nine films is overkill.

It's probably cameo roles for the most part ^^^. Anyhow... I guess Marvel came through afterall. Getting worried there for a minute. I hope we get a SHIELD movie in 2012 or something along with TIH2 (although I think we will get BP or Dr. Strange type character instead of TIH2). And it's good to have Nick Fury in 5-6 Marvel films. Nine is even better although they may not use all of them.

If you think about it, it makes sense.

Samuel L. Jackson has played the exact same character in the last nine movies he was in. Why would he want to stop now?

A nine-movie deal? Sheesh.

I can understand a three- or four-pic deal a la RDJ, but nine films is overkill.

Im sure several of them are just brief cameos, as we got in Iron Man.

Anyway; great news! It seems all the most recent news from Marvel has had slightly negative spins...finally something positive. :up:

I'm wondering if the deal includes direct-to-video animated movies. Nine live-action films is a lot, even with some only being cameos.

As a fan of Nick Fury Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. since the Jim Steranko days...I am all for 9 films featuring Samuel L. Jackson as the nearly indestructable Nick Fury.

Finally, some good news from Marvel. This is gonna be really interesting.

This is good news. I didn't want to keep thinking Marvel would be too cheap and push away actors for money.

It's good to hear a confirmed deal for Marvel...still waiting on Cap, Thor and Iron Man villains...

"Samuel L. Jackson, it's my beer!"
Great, great ****ing news. Now if they'd just lock Rourke in for Iron Man 2.

Supposedly Blunt was offered a similar deal but did not want to commit.

This is the only good news to come from marvel since the ambitious announcement of several films.

Finally some good news...I can't see anyone else as Fury......

No big news. Every contract that man has ever signed is a 9 picture deal at minimum.

I love the Steranko Fury stuff as well, but there is no need for a Shield movie. The public will only take so many marvel films before they grow tired and some start seriously bombing, War Zone style. Pick and choose...and SHIELD isnt one Id choose.

Great news. If was in a movie that sucked as bad as The Spirit I would sign a 9 picture deal too. Thats some recession proof job secruity. Its great despite Samuel L.Jackson doing some hammy performances recently his still a good actor when wants to be and he loves comics too so its all good.

Now how much will he be paid for all nine of those movies?

1.)Ironman 2
2.)Captain America
3.)Thor
4.)TIH 2
5.)Antman
6.)Avengers
And a 3 Shield picture deal.
7.)Shield
8.)Shield 2
9.)Shield 3

9 Sounds about right.

^^ You're missing the Hawkeye movie in your list, Hmarrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"