S.h.i.e.l.d.

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Blue Sky Disney:
Shielding Disney... Fury, Nick Fury...
Honor Hunter said:
After Paramount's deal with Marvel expires in 2012/13 the films that are released will come under Disney's moniker or it's Touchstone label. Several of the actors who have signed for roles have also signed agreements that could extend their characters/parts up to nine different appearances. Those appearances will almost definitely appear in films under Disney. Samuel L. Jackson is under one such an agreement as the Ultimates inspired, Nick Fury. No time table has been set as to when a Shield film would happen as it's in the early stages, or if Fury would play a major part, but the plans are going forward.

This being Hollywood, it doesn't mean it's a sure thing or if it will be one of the first films out of Disney's gate, but rest assured that Suits in Burbank are excited by the prospects of taking the secret organization and turning into an exploitable franchise set amongst multiple platforms (film, television, Internet, books, clothes, costumes, toys, gadgets, ect.). But think of this as of model of what Disney wants to do. Imagine this being the Mouse's version of what G.I. Joe could have been. Many see this as a possible franchise for massive profits to add to those Disney Vaults. Now saying that Fury would be in it is a given, but as I've said, it's still in an embryonic state and the talks as of now are about the agency itself. That way, once Jackson/Fury are long gone, the organization would go on. So other Marvel characters from Shield as well new ones created for films/series would be used.

In a never ending quest for that male demographic that has eluded Disney, this project could turn into the Holy Grail...

I have a feeling this will turn into a "Learn how to count with Nick Fury!" sort of film.

Get Renner as Hawkeye. Get SLJ as Fury. Get ScarJo as Black Widow...and get Katheryn Bigelow as director. Then we got ourselves a SHIELD film.

Honor Hunter said:
After Paramount's deal with Marvel expires in 2012/13 the films that are released will come under Disney's moniker or it's Touchstone label.
Touchstone would be more suitable.

I don't care what studio it says, so long as Marvel Studios flip pages is still there. I couldn't careless if I hear "when you wish upon a star" before the movie. I think people are far too stuck on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"