James Bond: 007 - Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has a price.

HA HA HA!

tumblr_lgjlumeqGL1qb7n6po1_500.gif

Not Deakins. Hoyte Van Hoytema, cinematographer for Interstellar, The Fighter, Her and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Yes...yes..I forgot. Hoytema is fine in his own right!

That's not Deakins Cinematography it's Hoyte van Hoytema's. Look's similar don't it?

Imo Hoytema's cinematography is a bit more reserved and "pastel". Deakin's cinematography especially his golds, oranges, reds and yellows "pop", and he isn't afraid to crush his blacks. Whereas Hoytema seems to rely on beiges and dark reds and browns and creames and softer whites and blues and greys. Both make absolutely gorgeous cinema, and are currently my two favorite cinematographers in the business, but they each produce a distinct look.

Are they shooting this on 35mms film or digital?

Last edited:
deakins also loves silhouette shots... watch skyfall and drink a shot each time you see one.. you're drunk after 40minutes.. :hmr:

Are they shooting this on 35mms film or digital?

35mm

Last edited:
deakins also loves silhouette shots... watch skyfall and drink a shot each time you see one.. you're drunk after 40minutes.. :hmr:

35mm

Strange. Skyfall was shot on digital.

It's not strange at all. Mendes prefers 35mm. But Deakins is now exclusively digi. So to get Deakins was to submit to his will of using Digital. But Hoytema has a more neutral opinion on the format wars. So he went with Mendes' preference.

Wait, they're shooting on film? It doesn't look like film. If it is then it goes to show just how indistinguishable the two are from each other now in the right hands of the DP.

Yeah it's very filmic. I only asked because I wanted to make sure before I commented. Didn't want to look like an idiot.:p

its definitely film. hoyte mentioned it in an interview for interstellar.

It's not strange at all. Mendes prefers 35mm. But Deakins is now exclusively digi. So to get Deakins was to submit to his will of using Digital. But Hoytema has a more neutral opinion on the format wars. So he went with Mendes' preference.

Am I correct in saying that Deakins is actually shooting on film for the Coen's next film 'Hail Ceasar'?

I guess Coens are the only ones who can command Deakins from his previous claim of never wanting to use film again.

They will be filming scenes in London's City Hall. I guess the venue is being used instead of the Welsh Assembly

have they confirmed who is doing the theme song yet or is it just speculation?

SPECTRE footage description from CinemaCon:

The studio saved its most anticipated 2015 movie—Spectre, due out Nov. 6—for last. Both Rothman and the film’s director Sam Mendes (speaking via video segment) respectfully requested presentation attendees refrain from broadcasting any “spoilers” included in the footage show at CinemaCon. But suffice to say, the majority of the clip focused around a tense exchange between Daniel Craig’s James Bond and Naomie Harris’ Eve Moneypenny in which she questions his rash behavior and surmises that he’s “finished” as an agent before he surprises her with super-secret information.

There was also a scene where Bond seems close to seducing a sultry character played by Italian actress Monica Bellucci, then a flash cut of car chases and slam-bang action in such locations as Rome and the Austrian alps.

I could tell you more but, as they say, I’d have to kill you.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/23/cinemacon-2015-spectre-spider-man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back