James Bond 24 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Serena Ryder is known outside of Canada, but this must have been her attempt at a Bond song. I can't imagine she wasn't thinking Bond when she wrote this
[YT]Jk2PC28Jegw[/YT]

She sounds more like she's trying to copy Portishead there. Still think Buble would be a good choice to be the next Bond singer.

Imagine if it's called 'The Property of a Lady', Monica Belluci being the head of Quantum, thus her property. And SPECTRE stomps in, creating a turf war led by Waltz's far more dangerous Blofeld. It would be an interesting twist that in the heat of this conflict which Bond enters, Belluci effectively becomes the Bond girl. :woot:

But yes, I hope she's in the movie in some capacity.

I like that.:up:

I think we'll be getting a lot of news like we did as skyfall tomorrow. As in, we will find out who's in the movie but not who they're playing.

Still, very exciting!

I'd like something snappy.

jazz-27.gif

I'd like something snappy.

I agree with you. I think "The Property of a Lady" and "The Hildebrand Rarity" both sound too mannered and literary. They remind me of titles given by Arthur Conan Doyle to his short stories.

Is there a way of making them "snappier"? The problem with the first, I think, is that there are too many prepositions and determiners, and "property" sounds legalistic rather than exciting. Where is the glamour, sex or danger?

A Lady's [Jewels][Secret][Delight] might be better.

I don't know what I would do with the second; "Hildebrand" is meaningless at first glance. Perhaps make the subject ambiguous while echoing another context; something like Rare and Endangered, which might refer to Bond and something else as well. I think that's too pulpy, actually.

Maybe Quantum is a branch of SPECTRE or they were absorbed by SPECTRE. Wouldnt be hard for QUANTUM to be dealt with in like a minute of screen time. Bond says something like

Bond - "What about QUANTUM?"

M - "These people absorbed QUANTUM."

Or something along that line. Its neat and clean and doesnt leave us wondering where QUANTUM disappeared to.

Didn't Quantum already have plenty of branches? It was made up of various smaller organizations if i'm not mistaken.

A war between SPECTRE and Quantum could be interesting, seeing at what extent both organizations were infiltrated inside the government.

I agree with you. I think "The Property of a Lady" and "The Hildebrand Rarity" both sound too mannered and literary. They remind me of titles given by Arthur Conan Doyle to his short stories.

Is there a way of making them "snappier"? The problem with the first, I think, is that there are too many prepositions and determiners, and "property" sounds legalistic rather than exciting. Where is the glamour, sex or danger?

I don't know what I would do with the second; "Hildebrand" is meaningless at first glance. Perhaps make the subject ambiguous while echoing another context; something like Rare and Endangered, which might refer to Bond and something else as well. I think that's too pulpy, actually.

'James Bond will return in.................Ladygarden.'

Heh. Bond never returns to the same lady's garden twice.

Actually, those last eight words are a pretty serviceable title.

I completely agree with this, which is why I am hoping for something original. All the good titles have been used. Something in the same style as Skyfall or Goldeneye is what I am looking for. Though I always loved, "The World is Not Enough".

The Rise of Spectre

Dawn of Spectre

or

(a little nod to Thunderball here) the Spectre of Defeat?

I like the last one- it hearkens to the classic play on a metaphor. I would lose the determiner, however, and shorten it to "Spectre of Defeat".

Risico could be a cool title, word reminds me of "Laughter" in Portugues, Spanish, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"