James Cameron's Sanctum

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Rogue Finds James Cameron's Sanctum
Source: Variety October 13, 2006

Rogue Pictures has made a deal with James Cameron to co-write and produce James Cameron's Sanctum, a live-action drama to be shot next spring in high-definition 3-D.

Gary Johnstone will direct the movie revolving around a deep-sea diving team headed by a father and son. When the team heads to uncharted depths, a life-threatening crisis occurs.

Cameron is rewriting the script with John Garvin.

Despite the ambitious technology and undersea storyline, the film will be budgeted in the low $20 millions. Johnstone has collaborated numerous times with Cameron, sharing directing duties on the TV documentary Expedition: Bismarck.

Cameron will produce with Andrew Wight through Earthship Productions, the Cameron company that specializes in 3-D productions.

dammit cameron!!..... stop it with that underwater ****!

Zephyr Alexian said:
I hope that this doesn't affect the 'Avatar' timeline.:o

Considering he's not directing this I don't see why it should affect Avatar's release

3-D Underwater Survival Drama Sanctum Moves Forward Source:Variety August 23, 2009

Wayfare Entertainment has committed to finance the $30 million 3-D underwater survival drama Sanctum that will shoot with James Cameron's Avatar cameras and 3-D technology.

Variety says the film is expected to begin shooting in Australia late this year.

Alister Grierson (Kokoda) will direct from the script written by Andrew Wight and John Garvin. Wight, who has collaborated with Cameron on such documentaries as Aliens of the Deep and Ghosts of the Abyss, is the producer. Cameron is executive producer, along with Wayfare principals Ben Browning, Michael Maher and Peter Rawlinson.

Sanctum is a fictional drama inspired by Wight's near-death experience when he led an expedition of 15 divers into a remote underwater cave system below Australia's Nullarbor Plain, and then watched a freak storm collapse the cave entrance. It became a two-day battle to survive.

funny how in the original post, it said that it was gonna start shooting in the spring of 2006..

I read it as James Cameron's Scrotum.

I need to sleep. Seriously.

That's what I thought it read too...

JAMES CAMERON'S...SCROTUM...

More interesting? Yes...but extreamly disgusting. Oh wait...were you talking about Aquaman? :o

James Cameron talks new 3D project

Avatar helmer producing underwater drama Sanctum

Having spent 10 agonising years slaving away on Avatar, you might think Jim Cameron would be sick of the sight of 3D cameras. Well you’d be wrong, because work has started on his next foray into the third dimension, Australian drama Sanctum.

Cameron will only be involved as a producer, but sees the film as an opportunity to demonstrate how 3D can be applied to smaller, more personal projects than Avatar.

Speaking to The Brisbane Times, Cameron explained, ‘It’s really a character driven piece and the 3D should only be part of enhancing the experience. If you take the 3D away from the film and you take the spectacle away from the film, it’s still a strong story.’

Sanctum is based on a real event that happened to producer Andrew Wight, and follows a father and son trapped in a remote underwater cave system.

The film will be a largely Aussie affair, with Alister Grierson behind the camera and Richard Roxburgh (Van Helsing) and Alice Parkinson (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) amongst the cast

Eager to keep the spotlight away from himself, Cameron has stressed that this will be Grierson’s film and any back-seat driving will be kept to a minimum. “As a director myself I know how I like to be treated,” he said. “So I'm like a fairy godmother sort of producer - I just add the money and stand back.”

And Jim is pretty confident his money will be well spent, claiming, “people are going to be with accelerated heart rates, tight breathing and white knuckles when they go [through] the experiences of this film.’ Sounds like a winner to us.

its the first low budget 3D movie that is not a horror movie with young hot girls.

^finally lol

dark b, did you watch the trailer for Piranha 3D, in 3D? i did and it was god awful.

my theater showed no 3D trailers. i was angry.

for the IMAX shows mine didnt either but the 3rd time i watched AVATAR in Real D I got to see the trailers. It was Alice in Wonderland (which looks amazing), Despicable Me, Piranha, and 2 others that I cant think of now.

set visit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-9rvTqR33M

ignore the info that Sanctum is the second movie to use the Fusion 3d cameras. they are idiots and can not use google. if you use google you can find in 20 seconds what movie used the cameras.

What is Cameron's Sanctum About?

Here's the official plot synopsis for the 3D action thriller.

September 14, 2010

by Jim Vejvoda

Little has been known about the 3D action thriller Sanctum from executive producer James Cameron ... until now.

An official plot synopsis from Rogue Pictures says Sanctum "follows a team of underwater cave divers on a treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea.

Master diver Frank McGuire (Richard Roxburgh) has explored the South Pacific's Esa-ala Caves for months. But when his exit is cut off in a flash flood, Frank's team -- including 17-year-old son Josh (Rhys Wakefield) and financier Carl Hurley (Ioan Gruffudd) -- are forced to radically alter plans. With dwindling supplies, the crew must navigate an underwater labyrinth to make it out. Soon, they are confronted with the unavoidable question: Can they survive, or will they be trapped forever?"

Sanctum was filmed off the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. The Alister Grierson-directed film employs the 3D photography techniques -- which were designed to operate in extreme environments -- that Cameron developed for Avatar.

Sanctum opens March 4, 2011

His next movie should be about a deep sea diving robot that encounters an alien species, giving it the power to morph into any object or humanoid it wants at all, but is sucked back in time by by a race of water-based blue aliens where it has to assist a muscular super spy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"