She stood out more as Uhura than she did in Guardians of the Galaxy, where she was overshadowed by everyone else on the team.

She is killing it in general. She has a much better career than Sam Worthingyon, who has disappeared.

LOL. I remember back in the summer of 2009, when people were claiming Sam Worthington was the next big thing while hating on Bale. The Bale hate was at an all time high, with some perceiving his TDK performance as weak, his Public Enemies performance as weaker, his Terminator Salvation as the weakest, combined with his rant.

What about now? Sam is forgotten. Bale has an Oscar. Fanboys will be fickle as always.

People were hating on Bale? I mean I've always backed my boy but the way people sing his praises nowadays I would never have thought that.

People were hating on Bale? I mean I've always backed my boy but the way people sing his praises nowadays I would never have thought that.

Yeah I remember that. Especially the talk of how much better Worthington was in terminator salvation and how Bale was always being overshadowed. I still remember being a little confused because I thought Sam was fine but not amazing or anything like that (and pretty much gave the same performance in other big movies after). The Fighter shut a lot of those people up I think.

only guy that could go into hiding and come out of nowhere and leap frog all comicbook movies on box office charts

Yeah I remember that. Especially the talk of how much better Worthington was in terminator salvation and how Bale was always being overshadowed. I still remember being a little confused because I thought Sam was fine but not amazing or anything like that (and pretty much gave the same performance in other big movies after). The Fighter shut a lot of those people up I think.

Yeah, it was at the time of his backlash. In fact, many actors go through it, then it settles down. Right now, I think Jennifer Lawrence is kinda going through it.

Avatar 2 Director James Cameron Confirms Release and Shooting Date

We just had a major Star Wars film drop, with yet another one to fall at the same time next year, but why did Star Wars: Episode VIII shift its release pattern back to summer 2017? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that James Cameron is carrying the big stick that Christmas with the release of Avatar 2, which he re-confirmed to the Montreal Gazette along with when digital cameras start rolling on the first in a trilogy of sequels.

“Christmas of ’17 is the target,” Cameron confirmed of the expected release of Avatar 2. “At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But I don’t consider that to be as important as the fact that when we get all three films done, we drop them a year apart. I call it a meta-narrative that runs across the three movies. Each film stands alone, but it also tells one much larger story. We have design more or less finished, which is an enormous task. It’s been about a two-year task. (We’ve finished) all the creatures and the landscapes, and the new worlds within the world of Pandora that you see. The writing is ongoing, but almost finished. Technical development is done. Stages are done. Infrastructure. So we’re really poised to start after the first of the year.”
So there you have it… or do we? Word came at the beginning of this year that Avatar 2 had been delayed from December 2016 to December 2017 for further script development, a luxury J.J. Abrams did NOT have on Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which Disney insisted come out within the 2015 calendar despite protestations by the filmmakers. Now that the ever-story-conscious Cameron has had his development cushion, he should be all primed to deliver more Na’vi excitement as promised… except this is JAMES CAMERON we’re talking about, the guy who forced 20th Century Fox to (expensively) shift the summer release dates on both Titanic and the first Avatar to December slots when he decided the films just weren’t ready. Granted, no one at the studio was complaining once the grosses came in, but Cameron is a perfectionist. When he says he’s more concerned with the new trilogy dropping a year apart, that could mean a global shift to summer 2018, 2019 and 2020 for all three films if he feels like Part 2 needs more time to bake.
Confirmed to feature the return of cast members Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang and Sigourney Weaver, Avatar 2 and two additional Avatar sequels will be produced by Cameron and Jon Landau through their Lightstorm Entertainment. The sequels are currently being written by Cameron along with Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, Josh Friedman, and Shane Salerno.
The original 2009 Avatar remains the top grossing movie of all time with $2.782 billion at the worldwide box office.
The Avatar sequels aren’t the only chance fans will have to return to the world of Pandora. There’s an Avatar Land headed to Disney’s Animal Kingdom in 2017, while Dark Horse Comics will soon begin publishing officially licensed Avatar stories.

She is killing it in general. She has a much better career than Sam Worthingyon, who has disappeared.

Funny thing about Avatar is that most of the actors from the movie haven't gone on to do much besides Giovani Ribisi, who's just playing second or third banana in Seth Macfarlane's movies. The actresses, on the other hand, have all been doing pretty well for themselves lately. Saldana's got Star Trek and Guardians, Sigourney Weaver was in Chappie and Exodus (not as good, but she's still all over the place) and Michelle Rodriguez has the Fast and Furious franchise.

It was very fashionable to hate on Bale in 2009 between the incident where he was arrested for assault on his mother and the leaked audio from his tantrum on the Terminator Salvation set. Neither of which hurt his career.

I never hated on Bale and never will. #Bale4Lyf

This whole thing is going to be a massive failure. Especially now that we have our actual Star Wars back and not the thing to tide us over after the prequels.

Cameron is used to people making 'bold' (i.e, stupid) predictions about his films. Remember how titanic was 'predicted' to end his career?

This whole thing is going to be a massive failure. Especially now that we have our actual Star Wars back and not the thing to tide us over after the prequels.

The OT was readily available back when the first Avatar came out and it still did pretty decent at the box office. :yay:

These may not perform like Avatar but they'll do BIG business. .

Even when Cameron falls short at the box office, he can come out ahead in the end. Many called the Abyss a failure in '89 when it only made 20 million above it's production budget, but I doubt many would call it a failure today. Just look at the thing, it's glorious. I hope these new films can hold up the same way in twenty years, where box office becomes more of a footnote.

Last edited:
That's about as bold as waking up in the morning.

You also claimed SW would make 300 mil opening weekend. It made 240-something.

after 6 years :lmao:

“Christmas of ’17 is the target,” Cameron confirmed of the expected release of Avatar 2. “At least, that’s what we’ve announced. But

Like TFA having the best opening weekend ever and beating Jurassic World.

Oh, well forget what I've said earlier, you clearly know what you're talking about.

I've said it several times, but to me, the amount of money made means nothing.
The number of tickets sold means everything.

Which means:

- Avengers will make more money.
- TDKR will sell more tickets.

It's really a "Tickets vs. 3D" game.
And which is more important to us, the fact that it made a zillion dollars, or the fact that everyone and their aunt saw this movie and launched it into legendary, iconic status? A pop culture phenomenon, just like The Dark Knight?

The Avengers wasn't a pop culture phenomenon. It was a movie that made a crap-load of cash, and it made it fast and easy. I know that nobody agrees with this, but time will be the deciding factor. That movie is already yesterday's news. Out with the old, in with the new.

You know a movie is something special when the "new" STAYS "new" for a long time, when everything that comes after it is somehow inferior to it. TDK and Inception did that to me.

3D, to me, is a cheap, cop-out way to get your movie to a billion. ANY MOVIE CAN MAKE A BILLION NOW. Alice In Wonderland made waaay more than it should've. I'm more impressed when a movie contributes to the zeitgeist, defines an era, has you talking for years about social issues. The Avengers isn't doing that... The Dark Knight did. You're not looking at Hulk and Thor and seeing any debates about Bush, 9/11, and the Patriot Act. You don't see the cinematographer of The Avengers winning the Oscar for best cinematography, for shooting wild action that's rarely been conceived with rotating hallways within a rolling van. TDKR in the "artistic integrity" department has this in the bag based on the trailers alone.

I see total strangers on sidewalks wearing TDKR shirts, of all ages. They know it's coming. I know it's coming. But does everyone else? I almost prefer they didn't, because when it hits, everyone's going to be ****ing bricks.

TDKR will prove to us an important point: If the movie's amazing, people will flock to it, regardless of gimmicks. And if it's something truly memorable, we'll know.

I'm annoying at this point, but I'll drive the point home one last time:
It's the movie of the decade. Bank on it.

So the goal is to have Avatar 2 Christmas 2017, Avatar 3 Christmas 2018, Avatar 4 Christmas 2019.

I wonder how this is going to affect the Star Wars sequels release dates? Disney just had a lot of success with a Star Wars Holiday release. Are they prepared to throw-down with the Sith Lord Cameron?

What about now? Sam is forgotten. Bale has an Oscar. Fanboys will be fickle as always.

Bale was just unlucky that a couple of unfortunate personal incidents occured around the same time he made a subpar film and the backlash had begun against TDK fandom.

I can't imagine people having issues with Saldana because she's she's been smart enough to keep her private life private and doesn't seem to be like someone who has let fame get to them.

I will say this. This is the only upcoming movie that is must see in 3D.

I will say this. This is the only upcoming movie that is must see in 3D.

That's a fact that some are overlooking when it comes to Box Office.

I read that only something like 47% of tickets sold for SW7 were actually 3D.

It's probably going to be more like 80%+ for the next Avatar. 3D tickets of course cost more.

Most people are tired of 3D now because for most films it's totally unnecessary for an Avatar film it's no doubt a huge part of the experience.

I was never on the Bale hate train. If anything, I think I might have been too much in his corner. I was pro-Bale after the Terminator audio leaked, but in hindsight, that s*** was ridiculously over the top. Nothing about that movie was that intense. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"