I had zero interest in a sequel.....until they announced it was going to be underwater. That has got me interested.

How about the volcanoes and other biome ? Maybe they could feature those in the third film.

Didn't they start filming back in 2017? I knowthey are filmig twofilms but its already 2020.

Just a room with a lot greenscreens - I bet, there are movies, that are more fun to shoot

Just a room with a lot greenscreens - I bet, there are movies, that are more fun to shoot
Green screens are movies these days. It's a real shame. I know it's easier on cost, but when you/we realise that most of what we're seeing is set in a studio with four walls, it kinda' takes away the awe of it.

It's understandable in heavy science fiction and/or superhero films, but not so much when you're doing shots that could be filmed in a jungle/forest/city/desert etc

With this type of film it was a foregone conclusion.

That‘s why the new Starwars movies, look so much more authentic - because they were shot on real locations
Most of the MCU movies had also iconic scenes shot on real locations ir great authentic sets.

Avatar was a great demonstration, what is possible with SFX nowadays, but it never looked real to me.
I‘m afraid the sequels also, no matter how impressive the effects will look like.

Most of the MCU is all green screen as well.

5d6582a36f24eb05db1e3b13

Last edited:
I always thought Neytiri looked a lot more realistic than Jake's avatar (even though the CGI for him looked good too) but I suppose that was the point since he wasn't a natural born Na'vi.

erm no they aren‘t (a terrible example) lots of scenes were shot outside - though georgia is wakanda
you know some scenes were shot on real locations, because you see the spy reports.
Google-Ergebnis für http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/cumberbatch-filmsfirst3/benedict-cumberbatch-films-doctor-strange-in-nyc-first-pics-25.jpg

Everything has location shoots, even Avatar shot in real locations. That doesn’t mean there still wasn’t a ton of green screen work as evidenced by 75% of the rest of the films. Your points don’t hold much water.

Looked great to me.

39e3ebd439775fe81857465d553f68362c123952.gifv

aefe42047bb4344d68b3993f37e640eca1a36d1c.gif

cf6d29ff23187dc22187fb3b50695a32a112495a.gif

27a0fafdf9be1b00c194df7aec54368e53abbccf.gifv

tumblr_py1b7ePlfl1rrkahjo5_540.gif
That’s Jim Cameron for you. Always ahead of his time. Heck, T2’s special effects hold up extremely well for a 30+ year old movie. I’d argue it’s better than a lot of modern CGI in today’s movies.

Last edited:
That’s Jim Cameron for you. Always ahead of his time. Heck, T2’s special effects hold up extremely well for a 30+ year movie.
A lot of credit has to be given to Stan Winston there too. He played a big part in the VFX work on Cameron's films like Terminator, T2 and Aliens. He also worked on Avatar before he passed. He's also one of the reasons why the special effects for Jurassic Park still hold up after nearly three decades along with ILM.

I really miss Stan Winston. His work really brought a lot of blockbusters to life. As much as I love the MCU I can admit that the overly CG Iron Man suits in Phases 2 and 3 don't compare to the suits from the first Iron Man film. There was a weight and realness to them that's been kind of lost since then. Stan played a big part in that and it shows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"