Horror James Wan's "The Conjuring"

I read a script like this a couple years ago, I'm unsure how much it will be like that. It was a biopic/case of the Warren's - the farm served as the beginning before it became a much more personal case to them. The pictures released seem like stills from that script, yet the scene itself is completely new. Hopefully it will be like that script and not just include the Warren's on just another case.

Wow wow wow, this was not only a well made old school trailer, it was scary as hell! Such a slow burn!

That clap is going to haunt me.

Seriously, I went from 'This is silly' to 'Ahhhhh..eeeee!'

Same here, Octoberist. I might check it out.

As someone who is very susceptible to being terrified by just someone coming up behind me and scary the living daylights out of me, that was brilliant.

This is how you do horror. No fancy visual effects to create a fancy-looking, "terrifying" monster or have blood and guts flying all over the place.

Just simple build up and two hands clapping together.

Amazing how simply effective is.

Thats why I loved it - less is more. Hear that Hollywood??

Saw this scene in full and a totally different trailer at New York Comic Con.

Trust me guys, this is going to be good. Maybe great.

This gave me goosebumps! I'll definitely have to check this out.

what is crazy for a 2:32 long trailer it showed very little and it didn't even have it's 2 leads

Last edited:
Cool I liked Insidious and love a good haunted house film.

Lili Taylor returning to a haunted house movie again after The Haunting

I want to show this trailer to somebody and then clap towards the end to scare them.

Cool I liked Insidious and love a good haunted house film.

Lili Taylor returning to a haunted house movie again after The Haunting

My only issue with Insidious was the second half, which in theory could be scary but came off as cheesy compared to the awesome first half.

This poster is pretty good, excpept would that shadows work that way?

the-conjuring-poster-690x1024.jpg

Shadows do work that way, if you believe. I've seen some pictures like that before where the spirits only showed up like that. I haven't been so hyped for a horror film as I am for this. The Warrens are really amazing people who have been on tons of high profile cases. And RIP Ed Warren, just found out that he passed away. Didn't know that.

Shadows do work that way, if you believe. I've seen some pictures like that before where the spirits only showed up like that. I haven't been so hyped for a horror film as I am for this. The Warrens are really amazing people who have been on tons of high profile cases. And RIP Ed Warren, just found out that he passed away. Didn't know that.

I meant more in terms of if there was a body, where the shadow would be and what it would look like, not the logistics of actual ghost shadows.

Upon further review, it's fine I was just thrown off because the branch shadow is cut off.

This looks really promising.

Good trailer. I love these kind of horror films.

The new trailer was pretty good.

The Hurdy Gurdy Man song creeps me out in any context since Zodiac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"