Sequels Jamie Foxx is Electro!

I think this may have been the worst pre-movie news for a MCU film I have ever seen. Who wanted this awful character back?

Dunno if I would say it was the worst news ever but as someone who strongly dislikes the ASM movies, it was certainly baffling news. If he ends up being an entirely new version of Electro, I'm willing to give him a shot though. However he ends up being the same version from ASM2 (or some continuation of it), I'm gonna be really disappointed.

I am preparing for disappointment given Doctor Strange is in this movie.

One of the strong suits of the prior 2 films has been the villains. Vulture and Mysterio were awesome. Even on the most optimistic of attitudes toward this, can anyone really tell me they think Jamie Foxx as Electro can be fixed enough to live up to the other villains of the series? I just don't see it.

A thought just occurred to me. What if he plays both? We could see him as MCU Electro to start then the multiverse shenanigans happens and we see the return of ASM Electro. Eventually maybe they merge to become like uber Electro? I'm spitballing, but I wouldn't be surprised.

That is just convoluted. all you need is one.

I think it will be TASM2 electro. i also think at least one Raimi villain will be in the movie too. we just haven't heard who it is yet.

Origins Deadpool was terrible, but he was fixed for his solo flick. I see no reason the same can't be accomplished for Electro. Foxx has a lot of range as an actor, so there's a lot to work with there.

Origins Deadpool was terrible, but he was fixed for his solo flick. I see no reason the same can't be accomplished for Electro. Foxx has a lot of range as an actor, so there's a lot to work with there.

Ryan Reynolds also was playing an entirely different Deadpool in a Deadpool focused movie. Feige is also on record saying he liked Electro in TASM2. They didn't pluck Deadpool from Origins and then make a movie about that same character. So, not the same.

Ryan Reynolds also was playing an entirely different Deadpool in a Deadpool focused movie. Feige is also on record saying he liked Electro in TASM2. They didn't pluck Deadpool from Origins and then make a movie about that same character. So, not the same.
Fiege had had 12 pints at the time he watched TASM2. Hopefully he drinks less when consulted about Electro’s future role here.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Foxx himself stated this Electro won't be blue in the upcoming SM3. I believe it was in a tweet and was quickly deleted. So, with a new visual design it could also imply a new character design.

Electro doesn't need that much range. even more so if you bring him in with several other villains too. if its the Sinister 6 then you could expect bickering between them, but really you can't give each of them alot of range to play with beyond be villainess! even more so if you also have several spider-men.

I don’t see why any of that means Electro can’t be retooled. They’re redesigning him so seems like a given to me that the character will be a reworked a bit.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Foxx himself stated this Electro won't be blue in the upcoming SM3. I believe it was in a tweet and was quickly deleted. So, with a new visual design it could also imply a new character design.

Aka, new coat of paint. Same car

Electro doesn't need that much range. even more so if you bring him in with several other villains too. if its the Sinister 6 then you could expect bickering between them, but really you can't give each of them alot of range to play with beyond be villainess! even more so if you also have several spider-men.

I think Spiderverse and Sinister Six in same movie has a high potential to be a rushed film. That is 2 Spider-Men, a villain team up, and villains you need to reintroduce all in the same film. That can easily be a rushed mess.

I don’t see why any of that means Electro can’t be retooled. They’re redesigning him so seems like a given to me that the character will be a reworked a bit.

He still is the same car. New parts or not.

I think Spiderverse and Sinister Six in same movie has a high potential to be a rushed film. That is 2 Spider-Men, a villain team up, and villains you need to reintroduce all in the same film. That can easily be a rushed mess.

It means defining the movie and not expecting to see everything get explored. then you can just have a fun ride with it.

Into the Spiderverse for example managed to do alot with its time. but it also needed to be defined to what was required and what was not.

Basically you can tell the story in 2 hours. but just don't expect heap loads of material on all sides.

It means defining the movie and not expecting to see everything get explored. then you can just have a fun ride with it.

Into the Spiderverse for example managed to do alot with its time. but it also needed to be defined to what was required and what was not.

Basically you can tell the story in 2 hours. but just don't expect heap loads of material on all sides.

The Spider-Man films in the MCU have not done this. They took great care in crafting their villains, giving them arcs etc. Having 6 generic villains from a story perspective is worse than 1 or 2 strongly developed ones. In general, better villain = better movie. The MCU largely reflects that as well with few exceptions. The better MCU films have better villains.

So, if the idea is that we will get showered with non developed villains, then in general, that means more generic and worse movie. I would hope they do not go that route.

Also, Into the Spiderverse does take care in developing Kingpin and Prowler. So even that movie proves my point.

Thats why they may be returning villains, they already had their movies. same with Andrew and Toby they probably won't get huge arcs because its probably gonna be mostly focused on Holland.

But a car with new parts runs better, no? At any rate, it's clear we aren't gonna change each others minds here.

Sure, but it is still a used car. In the first 2 films of this series,, we got new cars. Ones that don't need fixed up as soon as you drive it off the lot.

But yes, I agree that we won't change each others minds. Feige has to convert me here, and only the movie will.have any shot at that.

Last edited:
Thats why they may be returning villains, they already had their movies. same with Andrew and Toby they probably won't get huge arcs because its probably gonna be mostly focused on Holland.

Your movie also has to stand on its own merits. Simply living off the past isn't good enough. Otherwise, your crossover film is hollow. Imagine if Thanos was a generic bad guy as opposed to the compellinh villain they crafted?

The villains have to be compelling also.

Your movie also has to stand on its own merits. Simply living off the past isn't good enough. Otherwise, your crossover film is hollow. Imagine if Thanos was a generic bad guy as opposed to the compellinh villain they crafted?

The villains have to be compelling also.

Only selected villains. usually only one villain gets that focus.

Not like everyone was saying Man that Shocker, or the second shocker has got so much range in Homecoming. he was right up there with Vulture in that movie!.

Only selected villains. usually only one villain gets that focus.

Not like everyone was saying Man that Shocker, or the second shocker has got so much range in Homecoming. he was right up there with Vulture in that movie!.

Of course. But you still need to put the effort and focus on 1 or 2 of your villains. You cannot just live on spectacle alone. Point being that having to introduce 2 Spider-Men from other dimensions and having 4 villains possibly from other universes crossing over has a potential to feel rushed. It is a lot to juggle. That is why I am hoping we get maybe Electro and say Doc Ock as your villains here, and save the Sinister Six as your next event.

I still don't get why Jamie Foxx is Electro in this movie. Of all the villains from past movies they could bring back...why is it this one? It makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"