The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it is needed to make Norman part of the plan,they should be careful about that so that they dont make Electro look like a Pawn or side-kick in the end

Another two important plot points is The death of Gwen Stacy and Aunt May.Do they kill Gwen in the end of 2 or beginning of 3? Thats a difficult decision

And does Aunt May know about Peter's identity? Its implied so at the end of TASM

What are you guys opinion about his look?

Since Foxx is an African America and keeps his head shaved,I am sure they are going for the ultimate look
I like it, and I like the Webb is a huge fan of Ultimate Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have Electro,Green Goblin,and the symbiote.Norman Osborn needs the symbiote for his cure,but the symbiote is hiding dormat in Peter's body.The only way to get the symbiote to come out of Peter's body is with electricty.

So Norman creates Electro to fight spider-man.After spidey has taken a beating from Electro,the symbiote inside Peter's body wakes up and exits Peter's body covering him in the symbiote.

Black spider-man takes out Electro,but now Green Goblin appears and wants the symbiote.The only way to get the symbiote is by killing the host,that's what Green Goblin thinks.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have Electro,Green Goblin,and the symbiote.Norman Osborn needs the symbiote for his cure,but the symbiote is hiding dormat in Peter's body.The only way to get the symbiote to come out of Peter's body is with electricty.

So Norman creates Electro to fight spider-man.After spidey has taken a beating from Electro,the symbiote inside Peter's body wakes up and exits Peter's body covering him in the symbiote.

Black spider-man takes out Electro,but now Green Goblin appears and wants the symbiote.The only way to get the symbiote is by killing the host,that's what Green Goblin thinks.

I kinda like that idea. Can't explain why though ^^

But how is the Goblin even able to appear at the end, if Norman is not cured yet!?

Maybe the goblin formula made him sick,or the goblin serum didn't cure him at all,it just made him strong,and he needs to be strong to try and kill spider-man to get the symbiote so he can get the cure for himself.

Or maybe at the end find out that Harry was the Goblin all along ;) (as a nod to SSM)

Dafuq did I just read

I honestly don't see the symbiote storyline showing up in this trilogy, and I'm happy with that.

I honestly don't see the symbiote storyline showing up in this trilogy, and I'm happy with that.

Me neither. Perhaps if they start planning to do more films after 3, before they wrap up this trilogy, then yeah, I see them establishing some strands for that storyline in 3 but other than that no.

This trilogy will be Oscorp/Goblin focused.

The symbiote doesn't really need to be done this time around. The death of Gwen will be what showcases his extreme anger, and changes him down the line in future films, where he may encounter the thing.

I definitely don't see Venom popping up this Trilogy, but it would be nice if they do the same with him, that they are doing with Green Goblin right now, when they make a new Trilogy. Build his character during the course of 3 Movies.

I definitely don't see Venom popping up this Trilogy, but it would be nice if they do the same with him, that they are doing with Green Goblin right now, when they make a new Trilogy. Build his character during the course of 3 Movies.

Exactly.

and they can still keep there "Oscorp" ties within that new trilogy if they tie the symbiote in with Richard Parker, like in USM.

I always had an idea of Oscorp (Richard and Eddie Sr. particularly) being contracted by the government to experiment on the Symbiote to find medical and military applications but when Eddie Sr. deemed it to dangerous and put it on ice, out of the reach of the Norman, he disappeared like Richard would later do.

Years later, Eddie Jr. is looking for answers like Peter was in the previous trilogy. He enlists Peters help and they discover the symbiote. Peter takes a piece for his own experimentation and the typical story for him happens. It attaches itself to his suit and it corrupts him.

IMO, the story should see everything in Peter's life crumble because of it (alienates and pushes away his loves one, he becomes a menace in the yes of the media, etc). Peter decides its time for it to go.

Meanwhile, Eddie does his digging and finds out what Oscorp did (I say from Norman himself) and vows revenge.

Typical church scene happens where the Symbiote leaves Peter and goes to Eddie who vows to take out everyone responsible.

Peter follows his path of destruction, while dealing with his mindgames, and this leads to their confrontation.

you get the gist.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's best reserved for another trilogy
Don't want Venom here

If they ever did a straight up adaptation of Kraven's Last Hunt, it could hit R while still being faithful. That's never going to happen though.

Kraven's Last Hunt was an excellent book but I don't see why we have to push it up to R. Let everyone enjoy the movie. Kraven should have a Ra's Al Ghul / Mandarin vibe to him: a foreign threat that doesn't immediately evoke racism. lol.

Like the way you say that

Having the title 'Spider-Man' doesn't generate that much hype. The product itself has to be at least worthwhile, otherwise the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man would have generated as much hype as the 90s cartoon or TSSM had.

And to reply to your final point....we have yet to see a worthwhile Superman film to actually compete. You bring up the films many decades ago having not reach Spidey's numbers from Raimi's trilogy or Webb's film and I bring up the fact that no film back in those days could have reached those numbers. And Superman Returns? It wasn't a great film and makes Spider-Man 3 look like an Academy Award-winning kind of film.

Yup, the general audience is smarter than we give em credit for: they too will watch a movie depending on its own quality rather than the names attached to them. Superman is more of a pop-cultural icon than Spidey and that's enough to generate buzz and interest. Spidey's more popular though. His popularity rival has been Batman. The next film better be TDK. lol.

I think this film will have Electro as an "absolute."

I think it will follow very much the formula cracked by The Dark Knight (sorry to say it guys...).

Batman = Peter Parker/Spider-man
Rachel Dawes = Gwen Stacy
The Joker = Electro
Harvey Dent/Two-Face = Norman Osborn/Green Goblin

I think we will see Electro start the movie as a fully-formed villain. He just "is." We might see hints of his creation (perhaps another failed guinea pig in the quest for a cure for Norman).

We will get to know Harry and Norman in this film. We will focus on the fall of Norman from a respected businessman to a full-on villain.

Peter will fight Electro throughout the film, with the parallel story being Norman Osborn. By the film's end, after Spider-man has successfully dealt with Electro, The Goblin will appear as a mysterious foe stealing away Gwen from a beleaguered hero, with the final 10 minutes of the film taking place on the infamous George Washington Bridge...setting the stage for a third film with Peter having to crack the mystery of who the Goblin is.... I also wouldn't mind seeing them pull a Spectacular Spider-man and creating a mystery if it is Harry or Norman behind the mask...

-R

I dont see any trouble comparing TDK with ASM, they're both the "vigilante" films for DC and Marvel.

As for the formula, here's how it ought to go though:

Bruce = Peter
Rachel = Gwen
Joker = Goblin (because then you'd have Norman as this guy who's manipulating even the mob)
and Electro = The Riddler that we never got to see.

:funny:

I love how fans hate it when any film of Nolan's trilogy is brought up but yet it's usually inevitable.

I dont see any trouble comparing TDK with ASM, they're both the "vigilante" films for DC and Marvel.

As for the formula, here's how it ought to go though:

Bruce = Peter
Rachel = Gwen
Joker = Goblin (because then you'd have Norman as this guy who's manipulating even the mob)
and Electro = The Riddler that we never got to see.

I meant that Electro is like the Joker in the fact that when the film starts, he is already a fully-formed character. He needs/has no backstory to explore. He simply is -- and does.

Norman Osborn, much like Harvey Dent, is the character who would get the over arching development. He would drive the film... ultimately becoming a villain in the end.

I am by no means, comparing the Electro to the Joker in terms of who the characters are... I am simply saying that within the structure of the film -- that is how they should develop said characters...

-R

Werent there plans of an individual Venom movie?

What happened?

There were rumours that they were planning to use Flash Thompson instead of Eddy Brock

If there is gonna be an Ant-man movie,there can be a Venom movie

But I think its wise to put it on hold till atleast TASM2 releases

Werent there plans of an individual Venom movie?

What happened?

The Venom movie was to be a spinoff of the Raimi films but now that they've rebooted, they will

A) Wait until he appears in the new films

OR

B) Use Flash instead so that they can get a Venom film out sooner, but this is less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"