The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should wait untill the next trilogy for Venom. Then you can have a spin-off of him and Carnage can appear.

I think they should wait untill the next trilogy for Venom. Then you can have a spin-off of him and Carnage can appear.

I agree BUT, if Carnage appears, I think he needs some serious retooling before he's put on screen.

HURR DURR NOLAN IZ BESIT

I kid I kid :woot:

So Jamie will have a badass take on Electro, that's one thing i can say now.

:funny:

I love how fans hate it when any film of Nolan's trilogy is brought up but yet it's usually inevitable.

Heh. Well I understand how as a Spidey-fan that could piss me off but at the same time both of these characters really do come from a similar setting and so one could learn from the other without coming off as being a rip-off.

It's like the argument with Black Cat -- her creators insist that she's an original creation since the black-suit/mask incarnation of Catwoman didn't appear in the comics until much later.... but Catwoman was popularised in the 60s TV series where she was sporting her black leather suit and cat-ears, and Black Cat was created in the 70s. So even if the two didn't necessarily rip each other off, yeah they do come from the same slice of imagination.

Nolan himself was more conscious and influenced by Raimi's first film than most of us give credit for... and I dunno maybe I should start a new thread comparing the two heroes? Does that sound good to anyone here? Please lemme know... or will that just piss even more people off?

I meant that Electro is like the Joker in the fact that when the film starts, he is already a fully-formed character. He needs/has no backstory to explore. He simply is -- and does.

Norman Osborn, much like Harvey Dent, is the character who would get the over arching development. He would drive the film... ultimately becoming a villain in the end.

I am by no means, comparing the Electro to the Joker in terms of who the characters are... I am simply saying that within the structure of the film -- that is how they should develop said characters...

-R

Oh okay, yeah I agree with you there. Though I think it might also go the other way around with Norman (if he's the man in the shadows) already mutating as the film starts, and with Electro we get to see his transformation? I just hope they give us Goblin right away instead of waiting for film 3 to happen. But my gut tells me that's what we'll see, and that Gwen survives movie 2 just so she could die in film 3. From a story perspective that's redundant because it'd be stretching it. These aren't "episodes" but genuine films that take millions of dollars and very careful writing and execution to make, the least they could do is create stories that aren't stretched for the sake of more profit.

Werent there plans of an individual Venom movie?

What happened?

I'm not opposed to an individual Venom movie so as long as his origin starts from a Spidey film. But it does seem out of place to have a Venom movie with no Spidey in it...

The Venom movie was to be a spinoff of the Raimi films but now that they've rebooted, they will

A) Wait until he appears in the new films

OR

B) Use Flash instead so that they can get a Venom film out sooner, but this is less likely.

Using Flash will be insulting. I'd prefer they introduce Brock properly and then go with it. The third movie struggled to tell Eddie's story and while they touched on the source material scene-for-scene, the old animated series did a much better job at portraying him than the movie did. They definitely should remake Venom on film since he wasn't done justice to in the third. Heck i'm convinced that if they used the exact plot from the animated series, SM3 would've been an overall better movie.

Last edited:
:funny:

I love how fans hate it when any film of Nolan's trilogy is brought up but yet it's usually inevitable.

I hate it but only when its done to portray the Nolan movies as superior to everything else rather than just for comparison purposes.

Or when its brought up and all of the focus if shifted to those films for a few pages :o

Using Flash will be insulting. I'd prefer they introduce Brock properly and then go with it. The third movie struggled to tell Eddie's story and while they touched on the source material scene-for-scene, the old animated series did a much better job at portraying him than the movie did. They definitely should remake Venom on film since he wasn't done justice to in the third. Heck i'm convinced that if they used the exact plot from the animated series, SM3 would've been an overall better movie.

The problem with Eddie from SM3 was that he was completely diffferent from any of his comic iterations and not at all the sympathetic character from the comics.

I would like to see Eddie pop up in this series and I hope they make it closer to the comics, hopefully creating some combo of the 616 Eddie and USM Eddie stories.

The problem with Eddie from SM3 was that he was completely diffferent from any of his comic iterations and not at all the sympathetic character from the comics.

I would like to see Eddie pop up in this series and I hope they make it closer to the comics, hopefully creating some combo of the 616 Eddie and USM Eddie stories.

I'm not a big fan of Ultimate Brock, he lacked the very street-wise, down-on-his-luck brute that 616 Brock is. Raimi's Brock is... well I think I understand that he was essentially trying to create a version of Venom who would've existed in the original 60s version (down to the church-prayer!) but it just wasn't properly executed. And Topher Grace, even for a guy watching the movie, came off as creepy in all the places he shouldn't have.

Rather than having Electro be just a "failed experiment", is it possible that Norman Osborne will be using Max Dillon to experiment on, and utilize what he learns from it as part of his Goblin persona later on?

Instead of fire-based powers like in Ultimate Spider-Man, could we see The Green Goblin having both Lizard elements and electrical-based "powers"?

Rather than having Electro be just a "failed experiment", is it possible that Norman Osborne will be using Max Dillon to experiment on, and utilize what he learns from it as part of his Goblin persona later on?

Instead of fire-based powers like in Ultimate Spider-Man, could we see The Green Goblin having both Lizard elements and electrical-based "powers"?

Yeah something along those lines. I like the idea of Norman experimenting on people, and them being villains. It's kinda reminiscent of USM where Justin Hammer was creating all the villains. Thumbs up.

Maybe
I hope whatever they do works fine

Being giant and green will be qualities that come from Lizard :funny:

I guess I wouldn't be too mad if he could shoot bolts of electricity from his finger tips, instead of giving him the laser gloves from the comics. But not more than that.

I really wonder what the design for Electro will be like. Probably the Ultimate version, which would make more sense in a film as opposed to the lightning bolt mask.

What if he was an animated corpse that ran on electricity,another attempt for Norman trying to beat death.

What's the chance that we'll end up with a costume that looks like this?
I assume they won't use the mask and will make the suit entirely black and yellow with maybe only subtle hints of green. They'll probably want to back off using too much green because with The Lizard being the baddie in the last one and Green Goblin (presumably) being the villain in the next one it would be pretty ridiculous to have three villains in a row with green as a major color.

mua2electroms.png

I think Electro will have a suit that resembles that, but without the green. Green and yellow worked in the 1960s, but won't in 2012. Also, this movie is supposed to be more grounded, so why would anyone design a costume that looks like that?

Though if they did go with the classic look, that would be a pretty neat version of it.

I think if they went with a shade of blue, it would look cool for a supervillain's color. So far we've had green twice (green goblin and lizard), brown (Doc Ock's trench coat), black (venom and new Goblin... I think... I'm colored blind, so I can't tell if its dark green or black), & tan (sandman).

Blue would be a nice add to the mix. Look up the 2003 animated series version of Electro.

05ci7.jpg

I hope they have a green and yellow costume. I'm a fan of classic Electro.

Interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing a cross between this and the other design. Perhaps as the movie progresses, we see Electro having more and more trouble "containing" the electricity (giving him a nice arc through the movie), and by the end of the final battle, he's more or less all "living" energy, having fried the majority of his body away (we could still see hints of his body/skeleton underneath all the arcs of electricity).

OMG! So Spider-Man would've had Electro and Vulture in the mix?!

And I like that design a lot!

Is it me or does ASM have the worst post credit scene out of all the comic book movies? It didn't get anyone excited, and we still debating who the guy in the shadows was. Even if they have say its Electro, or Osborn or whoever in the sequel... To me it still comes off as messy as they had no clear direction on where they wanted the sequel to go.

And I do hope they have two villains, namely Electro and Goblin, Emma Stone has been very vocal about doing the death of Gwen, and with recent rumour that Shailene Woodley will have a small role as MJ in this film compared to the third where she will be the lead alongside Garfield, I think we just might see Gwen die in this film.

As for Venom, definietly think they should introduce the symbiote in this film... I don't think they will have it bond with Peter, as they might not want to repeat that story arc yet again. So this time, they can simply have Osborn develop it. That is where Peter got his Spider powers, its also where Connors was developing his regenerating tissue cells or whatever that turned him into Lizard. So why not just have them be the ones that create the Symbiote from the same Spiders that made Spidey and combine it with a revised version of Connors "lizard" formula? Eddie Brock should be more like the earth 616 Brock, and maybe his just really broke and unlucky when he sees a ad on the net, to make easy money, by being a test subject or whatever. They test the symbiote on him, it bonds with him, and he escapes.

Then the Venom film picks up from there. I do like Flash as Venom in the current comics but if they do it in the films it won't be as great. Flash goes from the bully, to being Peters Friend, to joining the military, become a war hero, losing both his legs, becomes a alcoholic and then becomes Venom. And that's what makes Flash as Venom alright, is the fact that he went from being such a *****e to being a hero before he even got super powers, and then becoming a superhero when he was a double amputee, turning him into Venom now won't do him or venom justice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"