"Remember Me?" Jamie Foxx Returns As Electro

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by Arachnerd, Feb 24, 2021.

1. ZenTheAvenger Registered

Does he say 'How do you like the new you?'

Is he referring to another version of Peter....

Or is he saying something about his outfit.

2. GuestStar2004 Registered

I think he is referring to himself

"How do you like the new new"

ironman29758 and The Infernal like this.
  3. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

As you can see, Electro was a bit wasted. Nobody write about him. Everyone praises his new look, but... What else?

He was way better in TASM2 where he actually had an interesing story and scenes.

[​IMG]

All insecurities and rage he had was replaced with... Jamie. Jamie being Jamie, that's it.

They could at least refer to his story, when Tom offers to help him, he should say that he has already trusted someone once, people treated him like trash, left him for death, reject him and tortured him. That this miracle (his powers) kept him alive, and when he tried to trust someone again when he needed help and it was Spider-Man that ultimately betrayed him (We know that's not true, but that's his point of view).

Anything more than what we've got. .

ironman29758, KaijuDude1992 and BobJM like this.
  4. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

I can't tell you how happy the Electro introduction where he was blue for a second and the Hans Zimmer theme blares in for that second. It inexplicably made me really happy to see both acknowledged lmao.

ironman29758 and SpeterMan3 like this.
  5. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Yup, Electro had a style in TASM2, not so much here, I don't understand why they didn't use more music from previous movies...

ironman29758 likes this.
  6. GuestStar2004 Registered

I quite liked how they handled him. It felt like a natural step for his arc. They turned a nobody into somebody. Why would max want to become a nobody again? The answer is that Max wasn't always a bad person and he knows he has to go back. And he accepts it by the end with the heart-to-heart with Andrew Spidey.

#131 GuestStar2004, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  7. Havok83 Registered

He played the worst villian in all the films but he got some redemption in this one.

Venom 1988, SpeterMan3 and Mr. Peanut like this.
  8. Mr. Peanut Registered

His portrayal in this movie makes me want to finally watch ASM2 to I can experience how the character started out.

ironman29758 likes this.
  9. Toomes' Phone Registered

I loved Electro in this. The movie letting Jamie Foxx just be Jamie Foxx did wonders for the character. He was funny and menacing, miles ahead of his portrayal in TASM2

10. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Electro had more personality in this one which allowed Jamie Foxx to be very flamboyant and charismatic.

11. The Infernal Mky Mk

He was pretty cool and I liked the team dynamic with him and Sandman. He didn't have a lot of time, but he was good as one of the instigators and even had a small redemptive arc with Garfield's Spider-man.

Plus I'm still pumped they gave him his lightning bolt mask.

12. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

He wasn't menacing in this for me at all.

In TASM2 he had this rage and bitterness and here he was in the shadow of Green Goblin and Doc Ock and was mostly happy and chill.

ironman29758 likes this.
  13. GuestStar2004 Registered

He needed to be fuller than life as the main villain. But when sharing the villain role it allowed more of a laid back characterisation.

ironman29758 likes this.
  14. def28 Registered

I'm glad they switched Max up from ASM2. That glasses/ angry geek villain trope only worked well in Batman Returns and is even more played out after WW84.

He didn't have to be insanely menacing. No Spidey villain was/is going to outdo Goblin in that role. He needed to stand out on his own amongst these classic villains better then he did previously. Allowing him to be a charismatic character who brought fun conversation to the table was unexpected and entertaining.

I thought he was great here! Was not expecting him and Sandman to be as cool as they were together.

15. Toomes' Phone Registered

Glad to see another Batman Returns stan here. Best DC movie ever.

16. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Any guesses as to what this was? I'm trying to remember some of his funnier lines and can't think of which one it would be

17. Toomes' Phone Registered

"Y'all gonna act like I ain't butt ass naked?" might be a dig at the trope of superheroes and villains who materialize without clothes and no one seems to comment on it. Think Dr. Manhattan.

ironman29758 likes this.
  18. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Yep, that one slipped my mind but that was hilarious. Peter and Flint's reactions were great too :funny:

19. def28 Registered

Hell yeah! It's held up well.

20. The Infernal Mky Mk

I snuck into see Batman Returns when I was 9. Still love that movie.

21. Toomes' Phone Registered

Were you traumatized? Lol.

22. The Infernal Mky Mk

I might have been a bit startled when Christopher Walken got fried. lol

23. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I agree.

Pre accident Max was too goofy, but post accident was interesting in a volatile Frankenstein’s monster kind of way. The blue look was perfect for that monster movie quality. He just looks dangerous to touch.

In NWH he was generic as hell.

24. Another_Fool Registered

I really liked that
    it appeared Max and Garfield's Spider-Man became pals in the end like he wanted in ASM2.

In fairness, in the grand scheme of the Spidey rogues gallery Electro usually is in the shadow of Doc Ock and Goblin. I liked him in NWH better than ASM2 but I'll concede he was just playing Jamie Foxx and wasn't really as threatening.

#149 Another_Fool, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  25. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I'll say this and I can completely see where Cade and others might be coming from. Overall I did enjoy Jamie Foxx in this even if he was mostly being Jamie Foxx with a little of his Baby Driver persona thrown in.

I didn't like the Max Dillion stuff at all in TASM 2, but as hard as it is for some to believe I actually really enjoy all the Electro stuff in that movie, especially the unique visuals and the score during his action sequences.

There's some bad stuff in that movie but I didn't feel he was the real problem outside of him just being blue which wasn't comic accurate. Jamie Foxx has so much charisma and screen presence in this movie though and I liked seeing interact with the other villains because they each had different personalities.