Jane Got a Gun (Natalie Portman)

Saddle Up With New Images From Natalie Portman Western 'Jane Got A Gun'

wzjIjgW.jpg

kTQxW4D.jpg

JDqsXMq.jpg

Well, it certainly looks like a real movie. Who would've thought. I was expecting some cobbled together thing on a cell phone.

The Western is a dying genre and needs as many good films to keep it going as possible, so I genuinely hope this is great.

Not a bad trailer for this Star Wars reunion movie!

I hope it all comes together.

I liked the new True Grit and saw it multiple times when it came out. I also saw Sweetwater. Could use some more.

Last edited:
It was a cheesy trailer, as I find many international trailers to be, but the actual movie doesn't look too bad to me. Not sure I'm buying Portman in this role, though.

I don't buy Portman in most roles if I'm being honest. Not saying that my opinion is "correct," it's just my opinion.

I've just always seen this little girlishness/child actress grown up try-hard thing that isn't appealing to me on a visceral level coming from a 30 plus year old woman.

And don't mistake what I am saying, I'm fine with actors being youthful until their 30's and 40's but sometimes child actors just have this try-hard aura about them that rubs me the wrong way. It might just be a dumb thing from my head I don't know, but it's there.

Last edited:
The movie itself looks the absolute goods. It probably wont be as interesting and unique as Slow West, but it looks like a straight forward one. If it's as good as 3:10 to Yuma, I'll be pleased.

I don't buy Portman in most roles if I'm being honest. Not saying that my opinion is "correct," it's just my opinion.

I've just always seen this little girlishness/child actresses grown up try-hard thing that isn't appealing to me on a visceral level coming from a 30 plus year old woman.

And don't mistake what I am saying, I'm fine with actors being youthful until their 30's and 40's but sometimes child actors just have this try-hard aura about them that rubs me the wrong way. It might just be a dumb thing from my head I don't know, but it's there.
No I know what you mean, and I feel the same way. The last movie I really bought her in was Black Swan, and I think that's because that character required that kind of little girlishness and try-hard vibe to work.

No I know what you mean, and I feel the same way. The last movie I really bought her in was Black Swan, and I think that's because that character required that kind of little girlishness and try-hard vibe to work.
Yeah the Black Swan role called for that so that was fine casting.

Also when I say "child actor" I mean actors who started their career and got famous before the teen years. Teen actors and child actors are two different things to me.

Anyway despite all of that I hope that Portman does a good job and that the film isn't complete crap. Hopefully a better trailer is coming.

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes actors who are naturals as kids lose that naturalism when they develop some self-awareness as teens and train to become "real" actors. Their performances can start to seem very...affected. I that might be happening to Chloe Moretz right now.

I've just always seen this little girlishness/child actress grown up try-hard thing that isn't appealing to me on a visceral level coming from a 30 plus year old woman.

I think it's due to her line-reading, which is more appropriate for plays. Which I'm not insulting plays or anything. I don't know what it is but she's only good depending on the roles and the type of movie she's in. Like Black Swan or Closer, she's good.

But I do know she's better off not doing sci-fi or fantasy, because she was not good in Star Wars or Thor. We can blame the directors but she just seems uncomfortable.

I feel like Natalie Portman only gives good performances when she really wants to. In some movies it feels like she really doesn't care and is just going through the motions.

Trailer was ok, still not buying Portman as a BA gunslinger though. She hardly looks transformed in the role, just looks her usual, all be it pretty, self. Nothing about it looks like she's gone through a struggle or hard time in the old west, just came off the cat walk for any easy job more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"