Jeff Smith's BoNe

Ponyboy

Serenity now!
Reaction score
Any fellow lovers of the 3 Bone cousins?

yeah I was pretty crushed when the series ended. i just recently picked up TALL TALES... great artwork but I think not as "sophisticated" without Jeff Smith writing it.

I've got the first twenty or so issues in a long box.

Niiiiice! Are they all 1st printings? The first 3 issues are nearly impossible to find in near mint condition in those printings. I had #2 and #3 at one time (before I sold my whole collection) but I've never owned a first print of #1.

I think they're all reprints since #1 is. They belonged to my cousin before he gave me his box, which has a lot of classic Image stuff, like Spawn #1 and a lot of Gen-X. Not only that, but also Liefeld and Loeb's "1st SPECTACULAR ISSUE" of Captain America, which I'm keeping in the plastic, you know, so it'll be worth a lot of money one day. :o

I've got a run of Batman which goes from #519 to #540, and I think Kelley Jones did all the artwork for them. It's funny to read the letter pages of those issues and see how all the fans have nothing but absolute admiration for Jones' work. :hehe:

Last edited:
Not the least bit ashamed to admit I pre-ordered these plush figures ;)

MAY110966.gif

My brother called me today looking for my copies of Bone because his 9 year old daughter brought home volume 3 from the library. :hrt: :awesome:

haha, that's awesome! I am currently enjoying the colour versions myself. They add a whole new element to it, really. I still prefer the black and white originals, but it's still a nice bonus.

I caught up with Fone Bone since the series ended a few years back. He just passes the time watching movies.

5850454966_786e146175_z.jpg

He said he identified with Lex Luthor the most, which was troubling to me. I said "Really, why?" And he said "On account of the baldness, and all."

Thread necromancy!

I was wondering if anyone had picked up the new Bone collections. It appears it'll be in 3 parts each with 3 books. Here's an example of one of them.
http://www.amazon.ca/Bone-Saga-Continues-Jeff-Smith/dp/1443113069

Problem is, I can only find the first two versions! They're absolutely beautiful, not too big and cumbersome but the perfect length. Is the final collection coming out later this year?

Love Bone. I had a chance to meet Jeff Smith at Fan Expo this Summer and he's an absolutely wonderful guy. Had him sign my "Art of Bone" hardcover and he did a quick little sketch of Fone Bone in there, too. So cool.

Love Bone. I had a chance to meet Jeff Smith at Fan Expo this Summer and he's an absolutely wonderful guy. Had him sign my "Art of Bone" hardcover and he did a quick little sketch of Fone Bone in there, too. So cool.

I've not met Smith, but I hear that from everyone that has met him. Nice to know he's an all-around do gooder. :woot:

I saw him as the keynote speaker for the 2005 (I think) Harvey Awards. It was really cool, the speech was a slideshow of places from his youth that ended up as locations in Bone. The Old Man's Cave, for example, was based on an actual cave he used to play in.

I like the three cousins. They are quite charming creatures, but got rid of my Bone collection because I found the series a bit static. A shame because Smith had three good leads. My favorite moment is the dream where the Bones are the characters from Moby Dick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"