Jeff Smith's BONE the latest cartoon facing censorship

Before I clicked the link I thought the controversy would be that the characters don't wear pants.

I remember when Bone would run in the Disney Magazines, I'm surprised people weren't tripping balls about it back then.

Plus, if reading a book or a comic where FICTIONAL characters smoke and drink causes that kid to smoke and drink, then that kid is really ****ed up.

Especially considering the kid just graduated DARE. The kid knows better, and if he starts to drink or smoke or gamble, it is not the books fault. He chose knowing full and well the consequences and he should be responsible for those actions should he act out on them.

Plus, if reading a book or a comic where FICTIONAL characters smoke and drink causes that kid to smoke and drink, then that kid is really ****ed up.
and drastic consequences for those who read daredevil

This is dumb. The only thing worse is if she's one of those people pushing for a depiction of smoking in a movie to net it an automatic R-rating.

I like how there's nothing about context in this story, either. Who was smoking? Was it some stereotypical mob boss character? And old man with a pipe? Were they a bad guy? Could it be argued to encourage smoking? etc. etc.

These people are always Reverend Lovejoy's Wife to me. "WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"