Apocalypse Jennifer Lawrence Could Be... Anybody? - The Mystique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

x-er

Sidekick
Reaction score
There's no Lawrence thread yet, which is mean considering she's the only X-Lady whom we know will be back for sure...

xmen.jpg

Anyway, I was hoping that, in Apocalypse, she'd be cold and creepy like Romijn's version, with a few key lines, and that monstrous echo in her voice. If Lawrence could pull off that transition without too much dialogue and impressing the audience, she'd be that much better of an actress, don't you think?

xmystique3a.jpg

200_s.gif

Last edited:
I am not really sure what I want to see from Mystique in Apocalypse. I can't help but feel that JLaw's casting means they are actually kinda limited in what they do. I know they can go whichever way they want with her now after DOFP but I just think they are going to limit the character by doing the redemption thing with Beast which at least for me will be boring. mainly because I like the cold killer Mystique more.

Their romance doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things other than to contrast Mystique's outwardness and Beast's in-the-closet reaction to mutation, which can be done without a romance anyway. imo, there's no need for that sh**t.

Last edited:
I think she will work for Apocalypse but not as a horseman. Apocalypse will probably threaten to kill Beast or Prof X, if she doesn't do what he says if they choose to go with the character development at the end of Days of Future Past. I think Mystique could trick Beast into becoming Apocalypse horseman, if they want to explore more of their relationship I guess.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll ever see Jennifer Lawrence become a total outright villain. Also, I'm not sure if Lawrence has the whole femme fatale thing.

I want to see her mother side with Nightcrawler ( if he is in the movie )

Last edited:
One development I did enjoy this time around was Mystique's knowledge of multiple languages. Mystique's mutation involves the visual and auditory mimicry, which is something found in certain animals naturally, but when it comes to acquiring multiple languages fluently, animal capacity is exceeded. So I wonder whether Mystique's linguistic ability is a secondary mutation (because language acquisition is not based on mimicry) or whether it is just a human gift of hers (because a few humans can achieve such feats).

Anyway, I hope we see her using languages again (maybe even speaking a little Egyptian) and I wonder what Jennifer Lawrence thinks about memorizing and pronouncing lines in other languages.

P.S. Pardon my French in previous post. Considering she's already being snogged by Magneto in DOFP and Charles keeps getting in their way, I think adding Beast into the mix overdoes it a bit.

Last edited:
For the next posters, they should take advantage of Mystique's blonde self (Jennifer Lawrence without make up) and have two promo posters available, one with blue Mystique and the other with Jennifer Lawrence in 80's fashion.

I want to see the Raven Darkholme with the dark hair from the comics who worked for the government. If it's just Jennifer Lawrence then they should just stick to the one poster of her in blue, unless it's like half of her body is blue and the other is her top secret identity of Raven Darkholme maybe introduce Destiny into it.

Or even with dark hair! A poster with her natural skin color would be far more recognizable and better promo, since everyone knows who Katniss is, right? Btw, is anyone watching hungergames 3???

Or even with dark hair! A poster with her natural skin color would be far more recognizable and better promo, since everyone knows who Katniss is, right? Btw, is anyone watching hungergames 3???

No haven't seen it not a big Hunger Games fan and J Law is ok. As I said only if she was in her top secret Raven Darkholme I think it would be neat but if not plaster her in blue paint.

I have seen it and I don't want a human-looking Mystique on posters.

And speaking of posters, I think we got the same promo pics of Mystique for DOFP because the suit was so bad-looking, that they would have to photoshop every single promo pic of her. So in exchange we got the same Mystique picture in every single poster/promotional picture.

She won't be a cold hearted villain by the next film because it will lack development for her, and DOFP ending has given us something different as she didn't kill trask and she wasn't experimented on so she has gone a different path and where it leads we will have to see

I mean it probably won't lead to any big changes for her character development but as xavier said he pushed her away trying to keep her which Young xavier realized by the end and also it was originally killing trask that he claimed finally made her mystique

As for the voice I think bryan singer is brave enough to make that call whether she should have it or not and he doesn't shy away from changing stuff, although personally I don't think her voice will be changed as i think he had the chance for DOFP but He decided against it

Last edited:
I have seen it and I don't want a human-looking Mystique on posters.

And speaking of posters, I think we got the same promo pics of Mystique for DOFP because the suit was so bad-looking, that they would have to photoshop every single promo pic of her. So in exchange we got the same Mystique picture in every single poster/promotional picture.

I agree with you that costume actually looked like a costume, it didn't look as good as how they did it for Rebecca Romjin, it looked amazing in the OT. Is it just me but I want to be rid of the slicked back hair, put some extensions in and give us the Classic white look.

i'd like to see a new design.. they should try to come up with something closer to the classic look.. it would probably be easier for lawrence, and makes sense if they're going in a fresh direction, moving away from the 'silent assassin' she was in the original trilogy. at the same time, she is remains red haired and blue, meaning that she is still very proud of who she is, but simply carries herself differently.

I'm starting to disagree with myself and agree with you guys. She definitely can't be OT Mystique anymore after DOFP placed her in her own little niche between Brotherhood and X-Men. I wonder where they're headed with that.

(and I guess I'm slowly letting go of the original cast & stories).

I feel like Jennifer Lawrence should just wear a green suit or mo-cap. They are gonna CGI her body suit anyway in post-prod, so why not just completely CGI her whole skin. Its also gonna save them time.

And my theory about Mystique's short slickback hair... I think in the film series, her hair is naturally short, like it doesn't grow. Like if Raven wants to have a long hair, she will just have to use her mutant powers. But I don't think she can grow her hair, like naturally.

I want her having long hair as in comics

I'm starting to disagree with myself and agree with you guys. She definitely can't be OT Mystique anymore after DOFP placed her in her own little niche between Brotherhood and X-Men. I wonder where they're headed with that.

Yes but she may still be a vilain but with some afinities toward the X-men and a good heart.

I feel like Jennifer Lawrence should just wear a green suit or mo-cap. They are gonna CGI her body suit anyway in post-prod, so why not just completely CGI her whole skin. Its also gonna save them time.

And my theory about Mystique's short slickback hair... I think in the film series, her hair is naturally short, like it doesn't grow. Like if Raven wants to have a long hair, she will just have to use her mutant powers. But I don't think she can grow her hair, like naturally.

What do you mean her hair dosent grow naturally that dosent make any sense. Her hair was slightly longer in FC, but it was just slicked back. That would stupid if they said her hair naturally dosent grow. Get rid of the slick and give us volume to her hair.

Well she's a mutant. I'm not saying that they should keep her hair short. But for whatever reason, they don't want to change her hair style. Isn't it a bit odd, that all female characters that appeared in multiple film have changed hairstyle except for Mystique? Maybe her hair is just that short and it never grows naturally.

If first class didn't change her look I doubt they will for apocalypse, It's her cinematic look. And hell no to the fugly white dress. If they are going to clothe her put her in the black latex look.

It probably has to do with the CGI. I suspect it's easier for the artist to morph stationary and clumped up hair (which the slicked back hair allows) vs hair with obvious individual strands that are moving around.

Besides it made sense in X1 when they were describing her as being more reptilian.

It probably has to do with the CGI. I suspect it's easier for the artist to morph stationary and clumped up hair (which the slicked back hair allows) vs hair with obvious individual strands that are moving around.

Besides it made sense in X1 when they were describing her as being more reptilian.
Yes thank you this is what I figured and it does make sense espiecally with the whole reptilian thing they had going on, though I loved it in FC they are 2 different Mystiques so for me the reptilian look dosent work. The OT Mystique had the creepy voice and her costume looked amazing so I liked it there. FC Mystique is kind of like an anti hero IMO so if it wasn't for the morphing I do wish they could change it up.
If first class didn't change her look I doubt they will for apocalypse, It's her cinematic look. And hell no to the fugly white dress. If they are going to clothe her put her in the black latex look.
I'm not speaking of the white dress she has had white uniforms im just over the bodysuit it's got to go though I'm sure that it won't. Also we never know what they have in store for Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"