Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way those two locks of hair curl in front of her face and the rest falls down on her shoulders. Very attractive hair style.

I think they're called kiss curls. The only comic character I know with them (and that's part of her iconic look) is Bethany Cabe from Iron Man. Jennifer Lawrence has that exact hairstyle here. She could've played Bethany if that role was available.

Jennifer looks hot and sweet at the same time in that dress and with that hairstyle. :hrt:

For all you guys Mystique will be naked in this, lol.

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/news/index.php?news_id=14171

"The 20-year-old actress - who plays shape-shifting mutant Mystique in the superhero prequel - appears naked apart from blue body paint in numerous scenes in the film and she was determined viewers would see her with womanly curves."

That's exactly the news I wanted to hear. I hope we get some publicity stills released of her naked with blue paint, just like they did for Rebecca Romijn. We need those now!

New interview at the Washington Post. I just posted the X-Men bits, the rest is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...nd-hunger-games/2011/05/29/AGqKrBEH_blog.html

Jennifer Lawrence talks ‘X-Men,’ fame and ‘Hunger Games’

By Jen Chaney

During a conversation briefly interrupted by the lack of cell reception in a parking garage, we talked about that, as well as her transformation into Mystique and how she and “X-Men” co-star James McAvoy bonded on-set. (Apparently that involved making fart noises.)

Was it strange to go from doing movies like “Winter’s Bone” to an “X-Men” flick? Or is there ultimately little difference between making an indie vs. a comic-book film?

Jennifer Lawrence: It’s all filmmaking. The behind the scenes is always different: you have a bigger trailer, there’s better food. Things like that. I still do the movies for the same reasons. I still love the script, I love the director, I love the character and the other actors involved. So all of the reasons why I was there, they were all the same.
It’s kind of like camping versus going to a resort. They’re both fun, they’re just different kinds of fun.

How long did you have to sit in the chair to get the Mystique make-up done?.

Lawrence:: I had to either stand or sit on a bicycle seat for about eight hours when it was full body.

A bicycle seat?

Lawrence: Yeah, you can’t sit in a chair because then they can’t get to all your good parts.

Did you have any conversations with Rebecca Romijn, who played the older version of Mystique in previous “X-Men” movies?

Lawrence: Yeah. Her advice was mostly just kind of, don’t worry about it. Don’t listen to what they tell you. Because they tell you not to drink alcohol or eat spicy food, because they remove the make-up with alcohol. And she just said, don’t listen to that. It will drive you crazy.

In terms of character development, did she give you any suggestions or was that really your process?

Lawrence: I definitely watched her. She has a very Mystique walk, which I had to get down. But really, for the most part — doing a prequel is great because you do have room to kind of free this character and how they got to where they are instead of being a slave to exactly what the previous actor did.

Did you spend much time, onscreen or between takes, with James McAvoy?

Lawrence: I did, and he’s one of my favorite people in the whole world. I was such a huge fan of his work and then, meeting him he’s so charming and nice and friendly and funny and down-to-earth. Everything you want.

He strikes me as someone who has gone through a similar transition, having appeared in films like “Atonement,” as well as comic-book movies like this one and “Wanted.” Did you seek career advice from him?

Lawrence: No, I think we mostly just joked around and messed up takes and made fart noises.

Did you feel like “X-Men” had gotten you into the physical shape you needed to be in for “The Hunger Games,” or did you have to go through a different regimen?

Lawrence: I had to go through a different regimen. For “X-Men” I was lifting a lot of weights. I actually lost a lot of mass when I quit “X-Men” because I was working out so much and very muscular and strong. With “Hunger Games,” I need to be smaller and thinner. I do need to be as strong, but my character’s younger. Strong arms are something that comes with age, so that had to be taken down a little bit.

:awesome::hrt::hrt::hrt:
_tempm6yh6t.png

I actually felt sorry for Mystique in this movie. I already did in The Last Stand, but he character overall is pretty interesting when considered in the context of all 4 movies. Her whole life she feared being rejected for the way she looked, and Magneto was the first person to tell her that she was beautiful (aside from Charles, who "doesn't count" since he's her foster brother). And then, ironically, Magneto shuns her in X3 when her mutation gets reversed. In the end she just wanted to be accepted for whether her skin was blue and scaly or white and smooth, and I think Charles was the only one who actually did. But again, he was family and he wasn't enough to make her feel accepted.

Last edited:

The lighting in this one was fantastic as she reveals herself. It was also a nice 'full circle' reversal of the opening scene in the kitchen between Charles and Raven; now you know why she as a little kid was shown to be 'nude' - you needed that nice bit of symbolism to represent her state of mind and where she is at those two different points in her life.

During the bedroom scene and we see her seducing Erik by turning into

Rebecca Romjin. For a second, did you guys thinking it was that milf from American Pie ?

So she [blackout] predicted how she would look when she grew up?[/blackout] lol

The funniest scene for Mystique for me was seeing her brush her teeth. Can you imagine seeing X-Trilogy Mystique brushing her teeth beside Magneto ?

I liked her character arc in this film, but felt she was useless in the final battle...

The funniest scene for Mystique for me was seeing her brush her teeth. Can you imagine seeing X-Trilogy Mystique brushing her teeth beside Magneto ?

It definitely was interesting seeing her at a more innocent time in her life. She definitely seems like a three-dimensional character in context of the whole series, rather than just being a henchwoman.

I really liked Mystique's character a lot more then I thought I would have. Her insecurities really helped deliver a strong message and I thought Lawrence was very sweet and likable in the role.

I liked her character arc in this film, but felt she was useless in the final battle...

Yea... but she didn't undergo any training like the other kids did she... ok lifting weights but thats all...

I'm surprised they didn't have her doing her fancy X2-esque acrobatics. Maybe they thought the other X-Men needed more time to shine, especially the newcomers.

I have to say, after seeing this movie I think I have fallen in love with Jennifer Lawrence. :hrt::hrt::hrt:

I'm almost done with the second Hunger Games book right now. I already knew she was perfect for Katniss after seeing Winter's Bone, but after this I really can't wait to see that movie next year. She's awesome.

Woooh I havent read Hunger Games... looks like I have to now!

I have to say, after seeing this movie I think I have fallen in love with Jennifer Lawrence. :hrt::hrt::hrt:

You're not the only one.
I'm almost done with the second Hunger Games book right now. I already knew she was perfect for Katniss after seeing Winter's Bone, but after this I really can't wait to see that movie next year. She's awesome.

I just hope she gains back her figure after Hunger Games, she's got awesome curves.

Last edited:
Great performance! I gave a w00t at Rebecca's cameo. I remember about an hour into the movie I was just thinking "why is she keep appearing in human form" and then they not only address this in the film but make it a wonderful poignant moment that truly made Mystique a character with depth. She was one of the best parts of this movie.

But I have to say... the small naked prepubescent Mystique was one of the strangest things I have ever seen!

well maybe in a sequel Azazel trains her how to fight, and thats when they fall for each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"