• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jerks and Stupid Customers at your job

zeptron said:
Here's one that didn't happen to me it happened to someone else that's a member of another board that I go to. I thought this was hilarious.

He worked in a music store awhile ago and a woman brings her son who's either eleven or twelve and buys him the first DMX CD. He tells about the explicit content warning. She says okay, how much is it? She buys the CD and the next day she storms in the store and slams the CD and says "What the hell do you think you're doing selling this ****ing trash to children?"

He asks her what the problem is and she says "One of you ****ing idiots sold this trash to m son" He says "Just as I told you yesterday when I rang this CD up for YOU, it is not Child Friendly." She says "I wouldn't buy this trash for my son." His boss who was listening tells him to check the CD and issue a refund. So he opens the now cracked jewel case and sees that the CD is broken in half. The lady goes "It was like that." He says "Ma'am if the CD was broken when you got it, then you wouldn't have come in complaining about the lyrics and content."
LMAO

My summer job is at the theme park. I sell smoothies and alcholic drinks. Every night when it is time to close, I turn off the lights, put up a big sign saying "Sorry we missed you" count my money, clean the cart and utensils and pull a big old tarp over the cart.

Practically every day, as I am pulling down the tarp (which also says "Sorry we missed you" some idiot will come over, "I'll take a pina colada."

"I'm sorry, (Moron) Sir, but we are closed."

"You can't just make me one?"

Hmmm, lemme take the tarp off, get all the mix back out of the fridge. restart all the blenders, turn the register back on, go back to the vault to get a complete bank since that is the only authorized way to sell anything at the park, make your drink, reclean everything, redrop the money, put the tarp back on, all for your lousy $4.50. Um, guess what, Bunky, I can't just make one for you.

but you'll make me one, right? I mean, come on.

Dew k. Mosi said:
My summer job is at the theme park. I sell smoothies and alcholic drinks. Every night when it is time to close, I turn off the lights, put up a big sign saying "Sorry we missed you" count my money, clean the cart and utensils and pull a big old tarp over the cart.

Practically every day, as I am pulling down the tarp (which also says "Sorry we missed you" some idiot will come over, "I'll take a pina colada."

Hmmm, lemme take the tarp off, get all the mix back out of the fridge. restart all the blenders, turn the register back on, go back to the vault to get a complete bank since that is the only authorized way to sell anything at the park, make your drink, reclean everything, redrop the money, put the tarp back on, all for your lousy $4.50. Um, guess what, Bunky, I can't just make one for you.

Don't you know that the customer is always right?

I cant deal with customers, they annoy me, when I used to work at office depot I would always argue with customers, tell them off, ignore them, etc. so they put me in the overnight shift where we had no customers. it was great.

people, in general, are dumb.

I used to work in an office that dealt with people wanting to get citizenship in the UK, etc, and become legal citizens.

So one day, this huuuge fat African woman comes in and starts crying/begging instantly at me from behind the glass saying "Please, I need a passport. I need a passport now. Make me English." I reply with, "I'm sorry, what? Do we have your passport held here?" And she says, "No. I need a passport. Make me English. make me English pleeeaaase."

She then starts to break down crying shouting "I need to be English!!! Please make me English!! Give me passport!!" She then fell to the ground and started rolling around in hysterical crying, got back up and starting banging her palms on the glass shouting "If you do not give me a passport the police are going to come to my house and shoot me and my family dead. SHOOT ME DEAD. Please make me English and they will not shoot my husband! Please!"

Security then lunged on her, and took her outside. I heard later on that day that somebody told her that she was infact at the wrong place (which she was).

She was scary and hilarious, but at the same time I pitied her because she was obviously insane.

Yeah, I've been working at this convinience store and some guy with coffee yells at me because we don't have ice. I believe his exact words were "What do you mean you don't have ice?! You mean I got to drink this coffee hot?!!"

Then we have the milk maids, the old ladies who go through all the milk in hopes of finding that one gallon that won't go bad for like a decade.

While working at McDonald's I would give attitude to the customers:

for example:
CUSTOMER: can I have some ketchup?
ME: here you go

CUSTOMER: can I have some more?

CUSTOMER: just a little more sir?
ME: why don't you go to the market and buy ketchup?

and I would also correct customers at the drive-thru who wouldn't pronounce the menu right.

i'm a tour guide here at univ... boy do I get some STUPID questions. the people in the admissions office love to hear our tour stories. I just graduated, but I don't move and start work in a new city for another couple weeks, so I've just been giving tours in the summer to pay for groceries. one lady goes "so you just graduated?" "yes" "and is there a reason you're not... doing anything" ... wtf lady, what do you think I do ... wake up at 3:00 every day, watch tv and eat doritos, scratch my ass for an hour? hell I was up before you to go workout for an hour, give tours, job search, freelance work... bloody hell

then there was the gentleman last week...
me: "we're actually the only big ten school, and one of the only schools in the country, with its own fire department, which is over here"
some dad: "why is that?"
me: "uh... why is... what?"
some dad: "why do you have your own fire department?"
me: "... put out fires..."

Lazlo Panaflex said:
While working at McDonald's I would give attitude to the customers:

for example:
CUSTOMER: can I have some ketchup?

CUSTOMER: can I have some more?

CUSTOMER: just a little more sir?
ME: why don't you go to the market and buy ketchup?

and I would also correct customers at the drive-thru who wouldn't pronounce the menu right.

I love you.

Prodigy said:
then there was the gentleman last week...
me: "we're actually the only big ten school, and one of the only schools in the country, with its own fire department, which is over here"
some dad: "why is that?"
me: "uh... why is... what?"
some dad: "why do you have your own fire department?"
me: "... put out fires..."
Eh, that's the midwest for you, :p

Tangled Web said:
Yeah, I've been working at this convinience store and some guy with coffee yells at me because we don't have ice. I believe his exact words were "What do you mean you don't have ice?! You mean I got to drink this coffee hot?!!"

Then we have the milk maids, the old ladies who go through all the milk in hopes of finding that one gallon that won't go bad for like a decade.
Imagine that :eek:

Tangled Web said:
Eh, that's the midwest for you, :p

you're tellin me... thats just the start of it

HS cheerleader girls: do you guys like train to walk backwards for tours?
me: (sarcasm... since I am, well, a smart ass) actually if you see that track over there, we're required to do 8 laps a day backwards to stay in shape for it
girls: REALLY!?
me: ... no. that was a lie. no one does that.

zeptron said:
Here's one that didn't happen to me it happened to someone else that's a member of another board that I go to. I thought this was hilarious.

He worked in a music store awhile ago and a woman brings her son who's either eleven or twelve and buys him the first DMX CD. He tells about the explicit content warning. She says okay, how much is it? She buys the CD and the next day she storms in the store and slams the CD and says "What the hell do you think you're doing selling this ****ing trash to children?"

He asks her what the problem is and she says "One of you ****ing idiots sold this trash to m son" He says "Just as I told you yesterday when I rang this CD up for YOU, it is not Child Friendly." She says "I wouldn't buy this trash for my son." His boss who was listening tells him to check the CD and issue a refund. So he opens the now cracked jewel case and sees that the CD is broken in half. The lady goes "It was like that." He says "Ma'am if the CD was broken when you got it, then you wouldn't have come in complaining about the lyrics and content."

LMAO, oh god that was hilarious

War Lord said:
Don't you know that the customer is always right?
The customer is right between the time I open the register and the time I close it. Once that Z read is done, **** 'em

but then again, couldn't she of just read the kyrics on the inside cover?

don't most bands have that done nowadays?...

Prodigy said:
you're tellin me... thats just the start of it

HS cheerleader girls: do you guys like train to walk backwards for tours?
me: (sarcasm... since I am, well, a smart ass) actually if you see that track over there, we're required to do 8 laps a day backwards to stay in shape for it
girls: REALLY!?
me: ... no. that was a lie. no one does that.
:up: :up: Nice.

Dew k. Mosi said:

Preach it sister! I work in a deli and people are always coming in at the last minute and asking for meat. Like I'm going to get all of my just cleaned equipment dirty again just because you came in at the last possible minute.

That, and I had a girl come in a few weeks ago asking for liver sausage. I asked her if the wanted the smoked or unsmoked kind and she asked me, "Whats the difference?"

My first job was at a hardware store.I have alot of stories to tell about working there.The one thing i hated is when some one comes and tells me that they whant a discount for something that costs ten dollars.

Immortalfire said:
Video store...how many times have you had someone return a DVD, complaining of "defective black bars on the top and bottom of the screen"? I overheard that once at the store.

I heard someone at a video store complain about the movie RENT. Saying that it was stupid cause everyone would randomly sing. The person behind the counter (a friend of mine) replied with, "Well it is a musical...."

I always get asked, "Do you work here?" despite the fact it says the name of the restaurant on my shirt in big yellow letters. I've also been called by the name of the restaurant as If it was my own....

Meh, I work at a fast food place I just see fat people....no ones really been a dick to me though :o

Once I was eating at a fast food place and I over hear a customer say "Hey, isn't the customer always right?" the worker replies "I'll tell you something, the customer is always an ASS HOLE!!!!"
He must have seen Mallrats.

Ummm no, I mean Bearing Manufacturers have little direct contact with the customers so I don't have to get asked a lot of dumb questions. Though I think when you make a product like motor bearings and perform services like rebabbitting you tend to only deal with customers who have an idea of what they want, it is not like a store...and we don't have coupons.

However incompetent employees are always a problem. Since about (in theory) 10% of your workforce is expendable at any given time, you can bet we always have one wacky person around the office/workshop. However it is ten times better than it was say 2 or 3 years ago. We really have weeded out a lot of the junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"