• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jerks and Stupid Customers at your job

WeaponZ2 said:
I always get asked, "Do you work here?" despite the fact it says the name of the restaurant on my shirt in big yellow letters. I've also been called by the name of the restaurant as If it was my own....
LoL

At McDonalds, I had one guy order 5 McChicken sandwichs. But, he wanted them with the rolls that they used for the BLTs, only the BigMac sauce on them, and he wanted the Chicken cooked twice so that they were super cripsy. Now, this is impossible to enter into to the register, so I had to yell it all back to the people cooking. And, ofcourse they got something wrong, so we had to make all over again. He even changed his mind about if he wanted "shredded or leaf " lettuce. Then later he yelled at me from acorss the lobby to turn the tv's up for him. Me= 5 feet, him= over 6 feet. He could have easily gotten up and walked two feet to do it himself, but no. lol. I had to stand on a chair to do it. Such demanding people, lol. Then he wanted a free soda.

TVs at McDonald's? Oh yeah, they started that "zone" thing.

lol, ours has a two story play place. So I guess they added tv's to entertain the parents. People stay there for hours...lol

Magneto29 said:
At McDonalds, I had one guy order 5 McChicken sandwichs. But, he wanted them with the rolls that they used for the BLTs, only the BigMac sauce on them, and he wanted the Chicken cooked twice so that they were super cripsy. Now, this is impossible to enter into to the register, so I had to yell it all back to the people cooking. And, ofcourse they got something wrong, so we had to make all over again. He even changed his mind about if he wanted "shredded or leaf " lettuce. Then later he yelled at me from acorss the lobby to turn the tv's up for him. Me= 5 feet, him= over 6 feet. He could have easily gotten up and walked two feet to do it himself, but no. lol. I had to stand on a chair to do it. Such demanding people, lol. Then he wanted a free soda.
good god...

some people are just plain rude...

Magneto29 said:

People like this are pratically asking for bodily fluids to be incorporated into their meal.

Tyrinus said:
People like this are pratically asking for bodily fluids to but incorporated into their meal.

What an a-hole.

Jerk-Off!!!!

Oh I have many, so so many... but here is my fav.

Years and years ago as a teenager I was working at Six Flags in one of the many retail stores. In our store we had this coin operated "game" were you put a quarter in, put your fingers on two metal pads and lighted bar goes up giving you some sort or reading. The faceplates for these were totaly interchangeable, they could be love testers or whatever. The one in our store was called a stress tester.

Now these things would steal quarters every now and then, so we'd have to go into the register and fill out a form to give people their quarters back. One day this lady comes up to the counter and is like "Excuse me I'd like a refund from your machine over there." I'm like "Oh I'm sorry did it steal your quarter?" and she replys with "No, I don't agree with the results."

I paused half a second to let this sink in.

Me: "Uh ma'am, it's a game."
Customer: "WHAT?"
Me: "If it didn't steal your quarter I can't give you your money back."

This conversation continued for a quite a while, as she was flabbergasted we'd have something in our store that was "false advertising". Oh what lady you think we REALLY have a machine that sees into your soul and tells you how stressed out you are?

To this day I still wish I knew if it told her she was under or overstressed...

Wilhelm-Scream said:
how do you mispronounce McDonald's food?
Filetto fish
soder= soda
Big n' Nasty= Big n' Tasty
Whopper= Mickey D's don't sell Whoppers

and my favorite part is when customers who don't speak English ask:

magmoofin= mcmuffin
pankekees= pancakes
stawberry yam= strawberry JAM
peksi= pepsi
esprite= sprite
ketchoop= ketchup

Peter_Porker said:
What an a-hole.

Jerk-Off!!!!

Me? *shrugs* just telling it like it is. I don't work in the food industry and wouldn't want too.

haha. I had someone ask for Whopper once. I was like, umm.. you mean a Big Mac ?

And had to take a order from a deaf guy. Would have made it soo much easier if he just wrote it down. But instead he just kept pointing at a sign above me, and i figured he wanted a sprite, cause he was trying to say 7-UP by pointing up.

Today some fat woman complained about her ice cream cone being runnier that it was yesterday, and we needed to fix it........

.....also I hate the people who scream into the receiver, it blows :(

and then there are the people at the counter who mumble what they want :mad:

We also have the hispanics with really thick accents

like they nooooooogits
or

I had a woman order a Stroburry millshay
and then I asked her if she'd like anything else
she says yes...

then nothing........

I also see a lot of hicks at my job with messy teeth who reek of cigarette smoke, then there are the people who give you a ball of dollars or tons of change to pay for their food, which is annoying because you have to count it all. There are also people who confuse you about their order, saying they got something when they really didn't order it....but I shut them up by giving them "their" fries :rolleyes:

it gets really annoying after a while :(

I used to work at Toys R Us and I went in to Target after my shift to meet a friend who worked at Target. I was still in my Toys R Us uniform and I was standing in the electronics section waiting for my friends shift to end when some lady came up to me and asked me where she could find something. I happened to know where it was so I told her, but still I'm wearing a bright blue shirt with a cartoon giraffe on the back and she figures I work at Target?

I do have one person I cook with that everytime you make a mistake he will call you a dumb *****.. but then not even 20 seconds later... he will completely screw up a dish and we try to tell him how to fix it and hes like MAN IT'S NOT MY FAULT DAMMIT.. he's a complete hypocrit(sp) and doesnt like to take responsibility for his actions. It pisses me off so much sometimes.

I was a cashier at A&P (its a supermarket) last summer and this summer. Man, I really learned a lot about dealing with people.

One time this woman bought about $150 worth of groceries, then took out some type of card. I asked her, "Credit or Debit?" and she goes "Whats the difference between credit and debit?" I sort of stared at her for about 9 seconds until I said, "...excuse me?" "What does credit and debit mean?" "Umm... Debit is just taking money out of your own account while credit is charging it now and paying for it later." "Oh okay... debit."

Oh, and I really can't stand the customers who have a ton of stuff and while I'm scanning it and placing it on the conveyer belt and letting it all build up at the end of the register (where, I might add, there are TWO bagging racks set up specificially so that the customer can bag their own groceries) while they sit there and watch the screen like they're gonna get charged an extra grand if they dont watch every price appear on the monitor.

It pisses me off when I check fruit for a PLU number and they see me looking at the fruit and tell me a price for it. I don't know if their price is right or wrong but either way I have to enter it by its code, not the damn price per pound.

Also, when I turn out my light on my register, that means that the register is CLOSED. I can't stand when people pull their carts halfway into the register aisle and look at me and ask if I'm open. Oh yes, I just thought it'd be funny to turn out the light and start putting everything away. And since we're on the subject of register misconceptions, the express lane means 15 items or less. When you come up to it with a full cart of stuff, I have to tell you that I'm express and you have to go to a regular register. I don't care if they have lines and the express is open. If I take you, then if someone with under 15 items comes, not only is it not fair to them, but they can complain and I will get yelled at for letting you on the express lane, so shut up and follow the rules of the supermarket.

So yeah I'm gonna throw this one out there too... how many people have had customers who thought they were in a totaly different store. It's one thing to have a brain fart and ask for a Whopper at McDonald's, I mean like working in a Target and people think they are in Circuit City.

The Target I worked in had a Circuit City right next door and people would think all the time that they were connected or something. So they'd walk from one side of the store to the other, be at the electronics area and think they were in Circuit City. Then they'd be like "Yeah I just saw this over at Target for $10 less I think you should price match." and I'd be like "ORLY?"

Peacekeeper 2.0 said:
I was a cashier at A&P (its a supermarket) last summer and this summer. Man, I really learned a lot about dealing with people.

One time this woman bought about $150 worth of groceries, then took out some type of card. I asked her, "Credit or Debit?" and she goes "Whats the difference between credit and debit?" I sort of stared at her for about 9 seconds until I said, "...excuse me?" "What does credit and debit mean?" "Umm... Debit is just taking money out of your own account while credit is charging it now and paying for it later." "Oh okay... debit."

Oh, and I really can't stand the customers who have a ton of stuff and while I'm scanning it and placing it on the conveyer belt and letting it all build up at the end of the register (where, I might add, there are TWO bagging racks set up specificially so that the customer can bag their own groceries) while they sit there and watch the screen like they're gonna get charged an extra grand if they dont watch every price appear on the monitor.

It pisses me off when I check fruit for a PLU number and they see me looking at the fruit and tell me a price for it. I don't know if their price is right or wrong but either way I have to enter it by its code, not the damn price per pound.

Also, when I turn out my light on my register, that means that the register is CLOSED. I can't stand when people pull their carts halfway into the register aisle and look at me and ask if I'm open. Oh yes, I just thought it'd be funny to turn out the light and start putting everything away. And since we're on the subject of register misconceptions, the express lane means 15 items or less. When you come up to it with a full cart of stuff, I have to tell you that I'm express and you have to go to a regular register. I don't care if they have lines and the express is open. If I take you, then if someone with under 15 items comes, not only is it not fair to them, but they can complain and I will get yelled at for letting you on the express lane, so shut up and follow the rules of the supermarket.

Actually, accounting wise to which the terms are from before they came into common usage, debit and credit do not mean increase and decrease.

Debit is merely the left side of an account ledger and Credit is merely the right side of an account ledger.

I am soooo evil.

Do you guys have down syndrome baggers at your grocery store, or is it just mine?

what the hell are syndrome baggers? is that like when they hire mentally challanged adults cause they feel sorry for them?

if so then yeah Ive seen a few.

Oh i got a good one too. I used to work for walmart in the electronics department. Once in a while we would get a call from customer service to check on a item from our department getting returned. Usually we would go to the CS counter to check that the item has all its parts, manuals, etc. Well Im one of the ONLY people in the department that isnt a "overqualified cashier'', meaning I KNOW my stuff. So i go up to the CS counter, when I get there there is a redneckish looking customer with a 25-27" tv in a shopping cart. NOT a tv in a box, but a TV just sitting in the cart. "This should be interesting," I thought as i approached the customer. He told me that he got the tv a few weeks ago and it stopped working, I asked him if he still had the remote (he didn't), or the manual (nope as well). Well the TV looked different than one of the ones we had on our display shelf, and it was recently dusted off and the screen was windexed. I check the back of the tv and it has like most electronic components a label that says when it was built and a serial number. This return took place in 2002, the label said the tv was built in 1996 :eek: . I informed him and the CS person behind the counter. So he FREAKED out and said "Well then keeep the ****ing thing, Ill NEVER come back here again!" and stormed out, leaving the TV in the cart behind, me and the CS person looked at each other for a moment and then busted out laughing.

There's a guy who works upstairs who seems like a nice guy but let me set up the story.

I work in a 3 story building. I work on the first floor. Originally the 1st floor was a parking lot and was later converted into more building but there are still areas where you can park underneath kinda like parking under an awning. Everyday around lunchtime he goes out and waits like a vulture for parking spots. And as soon as you pull out he drives his car in. Anyways, I've been known to take the company car as to not have to move my car under the awning. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Heh, I get the opposite.
I have to wear a suit at my work. Many times I've gotten off and gone shopping. People (usually old ladies) see me in the store, in a suit and just assume I'm the manager.

And I love it, because I'm not an employee, and these idiots just walk up to me and start asking me all of these questions about some product, or where they can find a specific thing, etc. and I always look at them for a sec and say "How the f*** would I know?" and they're all shocked.
Lol

When I waited tables in college, I had to wear a tuxedo shirt and bow-tie and when I got off work I'd sometimes stop off at the grocery store to pick up some things since it was close-by and on the way home. I'd always take off my bow-tie and sometimes forget to take off my waiter's apron and invariably some a-hole would always come up to me and ask me where something was in the store, thinking I worked there. I got tired of telling people I didn't work there so I'd tell them that what they were looking for was all the way on the other side of the store clear the hell away from where whatever it was they were looking for really was. I only ever had one person confront me over it after they'd gone looking where I told them to. A fat, loud lady who wore pants that were like seven times too small for her. She found me in another aisle finishing my shopping (like anyone who worked there would be filling a cart with stuff like that) and starts going "What's wrong with you? The *whatever she was looking for* wasn't anywhere NEAR that aisle!" and then stood there looking at me like she was waiting for an answer. I just laughed at her, right to her face, and then kept shopping. I thought she was going to pop like a big fat blister she was so mad. She actually went and got the store manager and brought him over to where I was now at and starts complaining about his employees. She railed on that poor bastard for five full minutes before he could even tell her that I didn't work there, at which point I lost it and just started laughing my ass off as I walked up the checkout with my cart. It was beautiful.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"