Superman Returns Jesus Christ Superman -- The Messiah of Metropolis?

Isildur´s Heir said:
Don´t get me wrong, i liked the movie.
For what it was, it´s a very interesting take on the Man of Steel, as a sequel to the 1st and 2nd movie, it´s a great movie.
But that doesn´t make Singer less wrong for the job...
Now, i like Singer has a director, but, his undying love for the Donner´s movie was his downfall.
Superman Returns is a good movie, a great movie even, just not a great Superman adaptation.
It´s an Elseworld, and as that, it´s great...

As for the all Christ references, people have to start stopping that nonsense.
I´m not a bit religious, but i respect the faith of everyone, but i can not and will not scream to the top of my lungs that Man of Steel is Christ in a cape, that´s just ridiculous.
Just like Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker and whatever are not based on Christ....they can be based a little on the story, but that is the same as to say that some movies are based on Terminator, Aliens, Die Hard and whatever.
The only movie where you can say that is The Matrix, because..well..that´s the idea.

"I have sent you amongst them" "All the need is the light to show them the way" all that mumbo jumbo from jor el sounds too much like what God would say to Jesus. Singer is just an idiot!!!!

Just like Harry Potter, Luke Skywalker and whatever are not based on Christ....they can be based a little on the story, but that is the same as to say that some movies are based on Terminator, Aliens, Die Hard and whatever.

of course they were not!
however, Superman is based on a Biblical figure (Moses) and it isnt far off to base him on another Biblical figure (Jesus) because Moses' actions are foreshadowing of the Messiah.

Just like LOTR, using the Bible in some form was a method for character creation and development.

The dudes who came up with Supes modeled him after Moses...which, to Christians, represents a foreshadowing of Christ. So, technically, I still win. That's why many Christians and some non-Christians easily suscribe to the Superman - Jesus metaphor. Thank you.

goodreeve.jpg

my fave pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"