JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke team up for NBC thriller 'Revolution' - Part 1

Monroe and Miles have just gotten the band back together, it would suck to kill him off now. It's interesting that Aaron has unknowingly had his fire powers longer than his return from the dead, I Wonder if that experience has heightened his awareness of them.

It looks like the Patriot Lady that Neville was hoping to con isn't quite as bad as she seemed and is going to become his ally. Shame that Jim Beaver only lasted one ep, he was good on Justified and his Texas Ranger seemed a potentially good character addition.

This season is definitely a step up and feels much more urgent.

When the camera was scanning up from the feet I was really hoping it would be Chuck Norris on the horse. lol

I loved the Miles and Monroe team-up against the Patriots. They worked so well together and took out those guys with ease.

I am amazed at how well connected Miles is to important people in North America, given that transfer of information is really slow now.

Aaron was great and I love his development. I also like how Miles reacts to Charlie and her decisions which make his life more complicated.

I am really loving this show and season, even though Rachel is still alive. But at least I can hope each week for her death.

It obviously felt like they're paralleling Walking Dead plot wise earlier in the season, but I like the way they're going now.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/29/revolution-season-2-preview-elizabeth-mitchell-rachel-miles/
Elizabeth Mitchell Dishes on Revolution's Nixed Necking, Reuniting With 'Terrifying' Lost Hubby

Elizabeth Mitchell isn’t just a part of the Revolution — she’s a bona fide fan of the NBC drama (airing Wednesdays at 8/7c), even prone to screaming at the TV when scientist Rachel Matheson can’t solicit a needed hug. On the occasion of most of the main characters reuniting in Willoughby, Texas, TVLine invited the actress to divine the new dynamics, preview an ominous arrival and dish on a steamy smooching sesh that got scrapped.

TVLINE | The band is finally back together — but there are not a lot of hugs going around.
And there really should be, right? I feel like that’s so heartbreaking, the fact that Rachel couldn’t bring herself to hug her daughter. So sad. I was screaming at the TV – “Just hug her! You missed her like crazy!”

TVLINE | Even Aaron got a hug from Charlie.
I know! That was one of the things in watching that, it was so heartbreaking for Rachel. Inside she was like, “Why can’t I just be present, why can’t I put my arms around her?” But so often pride and anger and fear keep us from doing what we should, letting the people we love know that we love them. It was very human, but very, very sad.

TVLINE | Will she and Charlie get some quieter moments to maybe revisit their issues?
We will, yeah. There is some sweet stuff coming up, which is good. It’s always hard to see two people who love each other at odds all the time.

TVLINE | And what are you going to do with Monroe? How much rope is Rachel going to give him?
Ohhh, Monroe…. Rachel is a crafty one, and I think she’s giving him just enough! [Laughs] I really do. We’ll see it play out in this next episode. Rachel is playing it pretty nicely, actually, and a great deal of justice is about to be meted out, in all kinds of ways. Things come to a head.

TVLINE | What is Miles’ own read on Monroe right now? Because they kind of lapsed right back into their bromantic ways.
Their bromance is alive and well. I’m like, “Get a room.” [Laughs] I can’t speak for Miles, but from the watching of it, he seems very torn. He loves this guy and he doesn’t want anything to happen to him, but…. In the thinking of it, he seems like a drug to me. I’ve never been addicted to anything, but it does seem to have those qualities. Like, “I can’t let him go but I can’t have him with me, but I still keep him around.” It feels very fraught to me, and that’s what makes it work.

TVLINE | This week your Lost husband, Zeljko Ivanek, arrives in town as the mysterious Dr. Horn...
Yeah, and he’s kind of creepy! And it’s amazing that he’s so creepy on camera because he’s such a kind, gentle man in life. I find him very fun to play with – he’s always well prepared and ready to go, doesn’t miss a beat.

TVLINE | What is Dr. Horn’s role there within the Patriots’ organization?
They’ve kind of alluded to the fact that he is a terrifying presence. He reminds me of any kind of a war crimes doctor, in that there’s something about him that is truly, truly scary. If you go through all those names that make you shudder, I feel like he might be up there with them. But what I feel like they’ve done, which is interesting, is they’ve made him very human. I can’t say why that is, because it hasn’t happened yet, but he’s not just dark. You can see why he does what he does. I like that in a character.

TVLINE | Next week, Rachel uncovers some “unsettling truths” – such as…?
One of the things I like about Rachel is she definitely listens and she puts things together quickly. Whether or not everyone will heed what she has to say…. [Laughs] She’s such a Cassandra, isn’t she? But she definitely finds stuff out and tries to take steps accordingly.

TVLINE | It does seem like what the Patriots are up to is quite atrocious. Packing people into a cargo train evokes certain imagery…
Doesn’t it? And it’s horrible imagery. It’s exactly that thing of having your freedom taken away, and taken away so slowly you don’t even notice that it’s gone. And then you’re in Hell, in a horrible fix. That seems to me where the Patriots are going, but I can’t really say more because it hasn’t been fully explored even where we are now [in filming]. But it’s terrible. It definitely gives you something to fight against.

TVLINE | What can you tell me about this photo of a deleted Episode 204 scene, where Rachel and Miles are looking very close, a bit touchy-feely in some alcove…. What was going on there?
The kiss! [Laughs] It happened right after I woke up [from recuperating] and met some of the Patriots. He pulls me into an alcove and we just start kissing. I loved it because I felt like that’s what you do in life — things get all crazy and you’re like, “Oh, hi! I missed you, too.” But they felt like the timing on it was weird. It was very sad for me to miss it, because it went along with my warped sense of the world.

TVLINE | If only because at this point, Rachel could probably use some lovin’….
Don’t you think?! Thank you. You put it into perfect words. I imagine Rachel is like, “Heyyyyy!” [Laughs] All work and no play! Poor Rachel. You want her to grab any happiness she can. And I would love to see that, because that’s part of the humanity of it all. But we’ll see!

Even with guns turned on him Monroe just goes all out.

What the hell did Rachel do?

She gave him something to make him seem dead, I'm assuming?

But Goddammit, Eric Camden, how could you do this to your daughter?! :argh:

Can't trust anyone on this show outside the returning regular cast members. :argh: Just need Aaron's gf to turn to complete the circle.

Yep, Rachael had second thoughts & switched it on her dad. I thought Texas might have done something with the way that one Ranger was looking around as they buried Monroe. Monroe's going to live and beat the **** out of Miles for withholding info on his son.

That's some ****in' boot camp they have going. Turned them into terminators.

I knew Rachel's Pops was not to be trusted! I'm glad Monroe isn't dead, he's been the most interesting character so far this season. I also hope that reporter chick comes back, I liked her scenes with Aaron.

The second season is a big step up from the first so far.

They seem to have found their legs and direction this season for sure. It's less wobbly and sporadic. It feels more coherent.

Loved the backstory for Gene. Glad he's not just some mustache-twirling **** who doesn't give a crap about his family.

I figured there had to be more to him than just blind patriotism.

It obviously felt like they're paralleling Walking Dead plot wise earlier in the season, but I like the way they're going now.

If anything, they're pulling a Lost, 1st season was great and had a clear direction of things and was organized well, 2nd season they're dragging things on and introducing wacky sub-plots(Aaron's powers) and suddenly you don't know who's on what side(I guess that's the only good aspect).

I know I ranted about this and sorry to repeat myself, but I for one believe that the 2nd season would've been better if they brought back the electricity which would've not been all smiles, happiness and celebration in my belief. You could have brought in all these new interesting plot devices like conflicts of generational perspectives between those who want electricity vs those who don't want it. Does anyone agree?

Another thing I've noticed about the way in which Charlie/Tracy acts when suddenly modern tech becomes available. She seems a little too unfazed in my opinion.

alright, Monroe... hope the guy got a sandwich for his troubles. he was hungy damn it. :o

good to know the dad isn't a full blown patriot. he can come back from this.

Aaron needs a suit to conceal his identity when he turns into The Combustor! Damn that Neville is a snake, you just never know what he's up to. Monroe was in full Temple of Doom mode this week.

Dr. Horn is creepy and I sense bad news for Rachel in particular, looks like he may have had a crush on her.

Loved the backstory for Gene. Glad he's not just some mustache-twirling **** who doesn't give a crap about his family.

Yeah, it was well done and gives the characters options going forward in the story.

Dr. Horn is creepy and I sense bad news for Rachel in particular, looks like he may have had a crush on her.

They were married in another life.
[YT]ItGPlOcx33Q[/YT]

I've seen a lot of Lost alumni crossing over into other's shows lately (this, Hawaii 5-0, and another show or two I can't think of offhand). Then again with the large cast they had it isn't too much of a surprise some of them bump into one another.

I've seen a lot of Lost alumni crossing over into other's shows lately (this, Hawaii 5-0, and another show or two I can't think of offhand). Then again with the large cast they had it isn't too much of a surprise some of them bump into one another.

I was thinking the other day how awesome it would be if they could get Nestor Carbonell to be in a show like this.

Curious to see what happens with Gene tonight.

Rachel was gonna drop that bomb on her pops and whack him gangster scientist terrorist style! :D

I kept expecting Monroe to show up at some point to help either Aaron or Miles and co. I also thought Jason was gonna save the senator Lady but this show drops bodies willy nilly.

Looks like they are gonna go soft on Gene and he'll end up on the run with them, I was kinda hoping Charlie would go all steely eyed and put an arrow in him but she seems to have lost her bow.

The fall finale at episode 9 ? Damn pretty quick

Monroe: "I'm Batman"

:D

Shoulda had Charlie ask "Who?"

Or at the X-Files reference. Although it's possible she knew of both from stories being told/retold by the parents and grandparents who remembered them.

Although the poor sheriff who believed in Walker the Texas Ranger was too gullible to live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"