NBC's ''Timeless''

I can't wait to watch this. DAMMIT, when I become a billionaire; I'm buying the rights to this and rebooting it into a 10 season series.

I am actually ready for this tonight. Normally I just record stuff I watch but I'm going in live for this one.

about 12 minutes to go, going be bittersweet watching this and knowing this is the last episode :(

So far, so good regarding getting people up to speed.

Was that girl at the very end of the episode who drew up the time machine blue prints supposed to be the grand daughter of the person they saved in North Korea?

I think it's safe to say that the Korean girl who drew up the time machine blueprints IS the granddaughter of the Korean woman they rescued in North Korea... I had a feeling there was going to be an end-scene like that... and it was a nice touch having Lucy go back in time and give Flynn the diary to get the whole time travel thing started in the first place...

Was that girl at the very end of the episode who drew up the time machine blue prints supposed to be the grand daughter of the person they saved in North Korea?

I thought she was the girl at the science fair that Rufus talked to. I didn't get the thought that she was related to the woman the team saved in NK.
For me, this scene was to show that someone else would invent a time machine as Mason said, for the idea is "here".

I thought she was the girl at the science fair that Rufus talked to. I didn't get the thought that she was related to the woman the team saved in NK.
For me, this scene was to show that someone else would invent a time machine as Mason said, for the idea is "here".

Yeah I think it's her. Nothing to do with North Korea. The creators of Timeless said they want to leave open the possibility of Timeless returning in some form in the future. So by having someone else build a time machine then maybe the Time Team will have to use the Lifeboat again to stop them.

It wasn't Christmas last time when the season ended on a cliffhanger. How come it was suddenly December? It looks like the played loose with continuity.

Great finale, they told a good history based adventure story in the shows traditional way, while tying up all the plot strands, giving both central couples plenty of character time and also giving Flynn a final redemption arc before bringing it all home.

I liked that both Lucy & Wyatt and Rufus & Gia got happy ending, Wyatt and Lucy even have a couple of daughters, but I also thought they laced it well with a bittersweet element by having Lucy take the responsibility to stop mesing with the timeline and let her sister go. I don't think the girl at the end was meant to be the granddauger of the woman they saved in North Korea, the girl drawing the time machine plans was called Paulina.

At the end of the 2nd season, Flynn said that Lucy had found a way to travel back to their own time period in order to give him the journal in 2014. The future Lucy and Wyatt did this in the season finale cliffhanger. However, at the start of this finale movie, she begins to suffer from headaches as she interacts with the present time team.

So are the future versions not really able to travel back to their own time period any more than the present ones are able to do so? Because Flynn travels back in time to kill Jessica and is able to stay there temporarily before succumbing to the side effects of time travel. But had he stayed there a shorter period, maybe he too would only have suffered headaches like future Lucy. Also, if future Lucy had stayed in the present longer, maybe she would've also met the same fate as Flynn?

And in 2023 when the team reassemble to go back to 2014, Lucy begins to suffer headaches too. If she stayed longer, would she have died like Flynn did when he went back in time?

Also, how do the time team know that everything is going to turn out exactly the same after giving the journal to Flynn in 2014? The journal is going to be slightly different to what it was the first time round, because Rittenhouse has been destroyed by 2018 instead of still being around in 2023. And I'm guessing that it was originally battle-hardened Lucy who gave him the journal rather than Professor Lucy who is married with children?

And did future Lucy originally write down in her journal how Flynn sacrificed himself by going back in time? Or had that not happened as far as she was concerned, but things took a different course (because Rittenhouse was still at large in 2023)?

It was the girl at the science fair but why can't it be both?

that's a good point, I didn't associate that the granddaughter of the rescued Korean mother and the girl at the science fair might possibly be one and the same person... in the context of THIS show, that actually makes sense...

Satisfactory overall. Perhaps a bit too sentimental in spots - with the two main romances getting convenient happy endings. But, this is the series finale after all; so a certain amount of contrivance is to be expected I guess.

I do think, though, that there was too much story for the limited running time (and budget). For example, the two big villains (Emma and Jessica) were underused (they weren’t given much to do, and their respective exits felt sudden and perfunctory). Also, certain important action scenes (e.g., the helicopter crash in NK) occurred off screen and were then explained to the audience. (Again: either no time or no budget?)

I kinda wonder whether the gold rush story (hour 1) could have been largely excised. Then, with the extra time, fix the shortcomings described above...

...:thf:

Satisfactory overall. Perhaps a bit too sentimental in spots - with the two main romances getting convenient happy endings. But, this is the series finale after all; so a certain amount of contrivance is to be expected I guess.

I do think, though, that there was too much story for the limited running time (and budget). For example, the two big villains (Emma and Jessica) were underused (they weren’t given much to do, and their respective exits felt sudden and perfunctory). Also, certain important action scenes (e.g., the helicopter crash in NK) occurred off screen and were then explained to the audience. (Again: either no time or no budget?)

I kinda wonder whether the gold rush story (hour 1) could have been largely excised. Then, with the extra time, fix the shortcomings described above...

...:thf:

The gold rush story was so that they could feature the guy who was the inspiration for Zorro. He would parallel Flynn's quest for vengeance and help him see that it didn't help. But I agree some scenes were rushed.

The gold rush story was so that they could feature the guy who was the inspiration for Zorro. He would parallel Flynn's quest for vengeance and help him see that it didn't help. But I agree some scenes were rushed.

Well, the similarities between Garcia and “Zorro” weren’t that significant or compelling; I still say the gold rush plot could have been omitted. Now, obviously, certain crucial events occurred in the first hour. But I think they could have been incorporated into an expanded (i.e., 2 hour) North Korea plot.

Well, the similarities between Garcia and “Zorro” weren’t that significant or compelling; I still say the gold rush plot could have been omitted. Now, obviously, certain crucial events occurred in the first hour. But I think they could have been incorporated into an expanded (i.e., 2 hour) North Korea plot.

I didn't find the North Korea plot all that interesting either. I wouldn't want them to expand that just for the sake of seeing the helicopter crash.

I didn't find the North Korea plot all that interesting either. I wouldn't want them to expand that just for the sake of seeing the helicopter crash.

It seems Emma went to NK merely to set a deadly trap for the team. So to that end, it didn’t really matter what time travel destination was chosen. Our heroes would have followed the Lifeboat wherever it went; and Emma could have devised an equivalent trap. That said, the NK story did provide a Christmas theme (mandated, apparently, by NBC). And it was also somewhat novel that no great historical event or person was in peril due to Rittenhouse manipulations. The pregnant woman was a nobody. Yet, this very fact was its own justification. As Lucy says, “what’s the point of saving history if we don’t save the people in it?” So I would defend the NK plot on those terms.

Whereas, much of the gold rush story seemed like filler. Ostensibly, Emma went to 1948 California to replenish Rittenhouse’s money supplies. But since when has this been a pressing concern? With a time machine, we can probably take for granted that Rittenhouse has easy access to all the wealth it needs - without showing us the details. To be sure, two crucial (non-filler) events occurred during the gold rush segment: Garcia takes the time machine to 2012 to erase Jessica from existence; and (as a result) Rufus doesn’t die in “Chinatown” and is able to make his dramatic appearance and rescue the team. But with minor rewrites, these things could have taken place from the NK setting. And with the “Zorro” side plot eliminated, more screentime could have been devoted to those elements that came across as rushed or incomplete.

BTW, I don’t care about the helicopter crash, per se. I’m just saying that if it’s to be included it at all (presumably because escaping the Rittenhouse agent’s murderous attack would have been a pretty exciting/suspenseful sequence) then show it - don’t describe it after-the-fact.

Last edited:
I love how any event in world history is brought up, and Lucy immediately knows every detail about it, down to the exact day it happened. She doesn't even have to take a second to think about it.

I love how any event in world history is brought up, and Lucy immediately knows every detail about it, down to the exact day it happened. She doesn't even have to take a second to think about it.
Same here. It got borderline ridiculous. She knew stuff that no one else knew. She was 1 heck of an academic lol

For those not repelled by sub titles ( the show is in Spanish ), have a look at El Ministero Del Tiempo ( the creators of this show complained that Timeless was a rip of...well they were not wrong ). It is quite good and a bit deeper that Timeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"