JJ Abrams/Stephen King's ''Castle Rock''

This Series looks likt its going to be Interesting. Ive seen Stick from Daredevil and Terry o Quinn is in this as well.

A day late, but some cool videos were posted on Hulu's YouTube page.

[YT]Evrg4F4RbYM[/YT]

[YT]DzNo2zEaMHs[/YT]

[YT]hodugctMLL8[/YT]

[YT]PDlVthGT4Ww[/YT]

Still so many questions...I'll just assume this is town is a purgatory for all of Stephen King's characters that are stuck in limbo.

Has anyone started watching this yet? Hulu dropped the 1st 3 episodes today.

I liking it so far. I've never read a King novel and have seen very few of the movies based on his books, so I'm sure there are plenty of easter eggs and homages that are going right over my head.

There are tons of easter eggs.

The show is ok so far. It feels like they took a ton of Stephen King novels, tossed them in a blender and Castle Rock is what came out.

It's ok so far, but I think this might be a better series if there wasn't anything Stephen King related about it.

First 3 trudge along. Acting’s good, tho.

So, Melanie Lynskey has the shining?

I am enjoying this so far. It's a bit of a slow burn, but very atmospheric. Also, just by the little I have seen so far I am already finding Bill Skarsgård to much creepier and better utilized here than he was in It, but that might just be me.

I'm liking this so far. It has enough mystery and intrigue to keep me in it. It feels like a love letter to all things Stephen King, who I'm only a casual fan of. But I can appreciate what they're doing and I hope the momentum continues to build with this.

Liking the show and looking forward to tonight's episode. While I enjoy slow burn shows, great acting from all in involved, I do like some things being revealed in each episode. So far so good.

I've really enjoyed the first four episodes. Really great acting and it's built a terrifically creepy atmosphere and intriguing story.

I was convinced about one theory about a certain character but Episode 4 seemed to give more evidence that this is indeed the case....

Bill’s no name character was imprisoned by the old warden and Shawshank is now a place where guards are torturing prisoners which seems to spawn from Bill’s character who can kill people without touching them. But what makes me convinced his character is actually the devil was a scene in this episode that shows a television with an episode of The Twilight Zone playing. What’s interesting about this is the episode that’s playing. It’s “The Howling Man” which finds a man, lost in the rain, who stumbles upon an old sanctuary that is overseen by men who pride themselves on locking up the devil.

Got bored halfway through episode one. I got turned off when I heard a substitute Shawshank theme in the beginning. This story just seems like an excuse to include all this Stephen King stuff and if wasn't grabbing me.

The lead is such a solid actor. I remember seeing him on The Knick some years ago.

Andre Holland is currently playing Othello at the Globe Theatre in London opposite Mark Rylance's Iago. Coincidentally Holland's love interest on The Knick was Mark Rylance stepdaughter actress Juliet Rylance.

Yeah, he was really good in Moonlight and he's great here.

Got bored halfway through episode one. I got turned off when I heard a substitute Shawshank theme in the beginning. This story just seems like an excuse to include all this Stephen King stuff and if wasn't grabbing me.
You're really missing out by not finishing out the full episode. This show is really damn good. I hate the term slow-burn, this show just oozes atmosphere, and I totally disagree that it's just throwing King elements into it, it's really using them well and to expand on his world. I really love how a huge part of the mystery revolves around what is essentially the anti-Green Mile.

Really enjoyed the latest episode.

This weeks episode was really strong. Saw the ending a mile away though.

Yeah I saw the ending coming a mile away as well.

Max Richter's 'On the nature of daylight' has been Hollywoods go to sad arty score song since 2006.

Arrival, The Leftovers and Shutter Island are probably the most notable uses of the track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"