JL Casting Call Update

What's else is he suppose to say? "I'm sure the detractors would have been right". Every actor says that about films they're involved with. Interesting to note that the internet disliking was heard.

Exactly.....

Hmmm. Most folks think fanboys have no impact on films. This says otherwise.

unceremoniously banished the production to a purgatorial phantom zone. Among probable reasons why? The toxic buzz the League movie -- despite being helmed by The Road Warrior's legendary George Miller -- was generating online. With neither big-screen Batman Christian Bale nor Superman Brandon Routh on-board, fanboys balked at the decision to recast young unknowns as those spandex-clad icons. "Everyone on the Internet was hating our movie," Baruchel says. "But you know us cast members were psyched that everybody was gunning for us because it would have only meant people would have been blown away that much more. We knew the bulk of the detractors would have been silenced."

Yep...

Fanboys 1
unknown cast 0 :D

Wait....no film at all you say? fanboys 0 :(

I think it's pretty well granted that studios don't listen to fans objections (nor do they have to) or that fans have little impact on how a film gets made but I'm starting to think that just maybe they did on this occasion.

i got a couple of Google alerts. Here's an Auto translation of an article in Variety Japan. It's mostly redundant or unonderstandable, but there's an interesting bit at the end:

http://www.varietyjapan.com/news/business/2k1u7d000005yd1y.html

" You say that the higher stratum of society section of American Warner [burazasu] and the [amekomi] publisher DC comics, in order to knead the filming strategy of the future DC comics, has done top conversation.  The DC comics and Warner confront the sisters company, average of the DC comics is a standpoint where the super heroes who are can be filmed monopolistically Warner has not produced 'the hit series of the superman' and 'bat man' other than yet in spite.  Among such, summit entertainment acquired the filming right “of Red” of DC comics /Wildstorm for the first time other than Warner (the June 19th -related article).  'Like 300' there is also an example which succeeds even in the Warner DC comics work, in addition in the aspect of the television series [maberu] comic of the rival compared to there is a result.  But, besides the fact that “there is a circumstance which with [teimu] Barton director and Nikolaus [keiji] starring it was planned on the end when Superman Lives” throws huge plan development expense become [botsu] as, filming [amekomi] does not advance well, 'the iron man' and 'the spider man', 'it throws hit with filming the [maberu] work such as X-MEN' the fact that you have lagged behind to the studio largely is present condition.  Largest cause the thing where the patsy who generalizes the plan development of the DC character inside Warner is not, real staff collection did 5 years ago, but still patsy absence. Alan horn president and 2 people of [jiehu] [rabinohu] which generalizes production section have always lowered last judgment, but also 2 people there is no room which it can relate to the plan development of the DC comics.  Presently, the super heroes of DC perform entire “Justice League: ” The popularity character of Mortal and DC comics was designated as the protagonist, “Green Lantern” when it waits for the go-ahead of start of photographing. In addition, [jiyoeru] [shiruvua] long time having planned and developing there is also a project of the “[wanda] woman”.  By the latest top conversation, may be also a possibility wind direction changing."

Hear that? According to Variety Japan, the movie's lead would have been Green Lantern, AND it's still on.

I think it's pretty well granted that studios don't listen to fans objections (nor do they have to) or that fans have little impact on how a film gets made but I'm starting to think that just maybe they did on this occasion.

I think since the Catwoman bomb, WB does listen to fans. Which is why JL:M isn't happening and neither did Jack Black's GL......and the stalling of Singer's Superman.

I think since the Catwoman bomb, WB does listen to fans. Which is why JL:M isn't happening and neither did Jack Black's GL......and the stalling of Singer's Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"