JL Casting Call Update

i read that heath ledger was planned to do a cameo in the new supermax ga movie but circumstances will not allow this

I think you'll find it is the Joker character not Ledger who was planned for a cameo.

well obviously but they wanted the heath ledger version. adding just joker doesnt do anything since the next joker in a franchise will be in a long time

Well if the GA film happens they could always have the joker there in jail but we just dont see him and his cell is labeld joker or something. But we dont know if GA let alone any dc property is going to get a film going in the next few yrs.

i read that heath ledger was planned to do a cameo in the new supermax ga movie but circumstances will not allow this

No. There was nothing planned (that we know of, anyway). Goyer simply added the character in hopes of having Heath (I'm assuming here).

yea that is the likely reason. But if the film happens if joker is there will just have to be a different looking joker, and/or they dont show joker and just have a cell named joker with maybe hearing some manic laughing in his cell or something.

actually MOS is in the same boat as jla and each not looking to be happening any time soon.

Not according to several news & interviews. MoS seem more likely to start filming soon before JL see the light of the day. And with Flash & GL solo film happending, I imagine these will help start JL like Avengers is with Hulk & Iron Man right now. But we'll see. Right now, I feel MoS is going to get started before JL.

We who really knows with wb/dc they just dont seem to get anything to happen. We start to hear about things like jla, flash/gl/ww solo films, captain marvel(dc), green arrow, and then what happens nothing. And as i said in my posts on the other page how many interviews with singer/routh/SR cast members since 2006 has it with them saying they are working to get sequel to happen and are hoping to start filming soon. It has been many times. But who knows i would really love for wb/dc to get off their butts and start to seriously look at their dc properties and get things actually to happen. But at this rate who knows if we are going to get any dc films besides a batman 3 within the next few yrs.

I'm sure they love to make a buck or two of of em', but its painfully obvious that C.B. films are not W.B.'s priority and they probably never will be.

Yea that is so true which sucks for all the great dc characters who could be great to see on the big screen. To bad its not possible for dc to make there own film studio like marvel. That would probably make it much easier for dc to get other characters on the big screen but we know it isnt possible when time warner owns dc.

More Common on JL:M.
The hip-hop artist continues his transition into acting as the Gunsmith in the Friday-debuting Wanted, based on the Top Cow series by Mark Millar and J.G. Jones. But he's created just as many headlines as a possible Green Lantern in Warner Bros.' Justice League of America.

Common told The Continuum he auditioned for director George Miller and was "considered" for the role, but was careful to go any further, particularly since the film missed its original production start and seems to be in a state of flux.

"It was exciting. It was so hopeful man," Common said. "It was like, 'Man, I'm going to be part of something that is going to explode on the world.' It was going to be powerful. You felt like it was going to be a great project. JLA, man. George Miller.

"Just the start of it felt so good. JLA -- that's one of my favorite comics. You've got all these great characters. God willing, it may happen.

"I was enthused about being considered. I don't know what's happening. It's definitely divine timing with the right characters and the right actors at the right time of our careers. I would love to be Green Lantern. I was just started to get into digesting who he would be, John Stewart. I started reading so much about Green Lantern -- a cool character."
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0806/23/common.htm

Yea i have said this before he probably would have made a good john stewart gl in the film. I was never against him for the role. To bad he is likely not going to get the role again since Wb is jsut a mess with dc and dont know what to do with its dc films and all the trouble dc comics itself is having with lower sales figures and all that.

To bad he is likely not going to get the role again since Wb is jsut a mess with dc and dont know what to do with its dc films
You really can't blame DC for how WB handles their films. They have some people in there, I think they have some middle management guy involved in the movies but I doubt they have the power to do anything other then saying "yes sir, may I have another".

It's Marvel which at least allows the comic people to interact with their top guys in film to give their opinions on franchises they actually have worked on before.

and all the trouble dc comics itself is having with lower sales figures and all that.

DC's sales are irrelevant. They're just creative R & D for WB. Not that WB uses it to their potential beyond Batman and Superman.

Not that they don't do good in the industry. They're still the second largest comic company in the industry. That's impressive in itself.

DC's sales are irrelevant. They're just creative R & D for WB. Not that WB uses it to their potential beyond Batman and Superman.
And "A History of Violence", "V for Vendetta", Watchmen.
Not to mention the animated series and movies.

And "A History of Violence", "V for Vendetta", Watchmen.

A good start.

Still no new successful serial super-hero franchises yet . They've had numerous oppotunities over the years and squandered them all.

The film division hasn't tapped 10% of DC's potential.

Not to mention the animated series and movies.

Most of which need Superman and Batman or a link between them those properties appearing in it.

The animated division does a better job then the film division, though.

Isn't it funny that when it comes to movies Marvel is on top but with animation DC beats the crap out of Marvel? :woot:

The 90's X-Men series was good but Batman is brilliant.

A good start.

Still no new successful serial super-hero franchises yet . They've had numerous oppotunities over the years and squandered them all.

The film division hasn't tapped 10% of DC's potential.
Sure but as I wrote some time ago Time-Warner has tons of properties to choose from to adapt into movies. From books to the old Warner and Hanna&Barbera characters, to the stuff optioned by the producers that have development deals with the company.

^ Exactly. It's strange how some people still don't get that. If DC had their own Film company like Marvel, than we'd probably have Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, etc by now.

Sure but as I wrote some time ago Time-Warner has tons of properties to choose from to adapt into movies.

They don't need to dedicate their entire film division to DC films. They just need to make it more of a priority. WB isn't going to get money from these properties unless they do something with them first.

They can certainly add more DC properties to the animated and tv divisions, too.

From books to the old Warner and Hanna&Barbera characters, to the stuff optioned by the producers that have development deals with the company.

They could still do that and get more DC material made. This doesn't have to be multiple choice.

They don't need to dedicate their entire film division to DC films. They just need to make it more of a priority. WB isn't going to get money from these properties unless they do something with them first.

The Harry Potter franchise is a cash cow right now and they have Superman and Batman making money for them as well. The WB makes about 23 films a year crossing numerous genres. In the past four years they have made a lot of comics based films making up about 5-10% of the films they have made in that period. What more do you want? Their mission is not to make solely comic book films. That's Marvel's business, which they might move away from in the future if they are going to survive. Just because they are sitting on a property doesn't mean that they aren't making money as a company. There are plenty of other properties to shop in the mean time while they wait for when the time is right for a particular comic book property.

They can certainly add more DC properties to the animated and tv divisions, too.

I think they are. Every year for the past 15 years or more they have had some type of comic book related programming on television be it live action or animated. Just think about it. There is only so much you can put on TV before you get diminishing returns. I think these guys know what they are doing and that is putting out a balanced mix of programing for everyone to see.

Looks like that casting of Jay Baruchel is 100% confirmed.
Bob Thompson: Montreal actor Jay Baruchel makes some Tropic Thunder noise

Posted: July 10, 2008, 4:28 PM by Bob Thompson

Jay Baruchel knows disappointment Hollywood style -- that’s when they crush you with encouragement. Yes, he was all set to co-star in the much anticipated Justice League when his happy face turned upside down.

Already in Sydney, Australia, rehearsing for the George Miller movie version of the comic book, he and the rest of the cast were sent home last Christmas never to return.

Six months later, Justice League’s still either on hold or in turn-around. Either way, Baruchel’s not thrilled. “It’s a sore point with me,” says the Montreal actor. Still, he’s honouring a request not to say what character he was supposed to play or anything else about the movie.
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...baruchel-makes-some-tropic-thunder-noise.aspx

Hang on, they were sent home at Christmas? Wasn't production halted only days before it was suppose to commence in January? Something's not right. :huh:

And also, why all the secrecy still?

man he would have been totally wrong for max lord, if thats who he was to really be he, hammer, and cotrona(spelling) were the 3 cast members i was totally against for the film. Good thing the film isnt likely to be happening any time soon and if it does happen again miller is likely to be off the project if it takes to long so his cast will be gone too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"