Forum Roll call

SHH Code Name: CaptainStacy

Hobbies: Comics, movies, animation, action figures, Pro and college football.

Fave FF character: Currently The Thing, although i've loved them all at different times for different reasons.

How Long Reading FF: Not really sure. My older brother taught me to read as a toddler with Marvel comics (FF, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Hulk).

Biggest Concerns About The FF Sequel: That Fox is more concerned with making a quick buck than presenting the source material in a respectful manner.

Looking Forward To: Silver Surfer and FF vs Galactus! More little cameos and eye-candy for us fanboys (and gals), like Stan as Willie Lumpkin in the first movie.

SHH Code Name: Wobbly

Sex: Not as often as I'd like...

Age (Optional): 38

Occupation: Sitting about in an office wishing I was doing something else.

Hobbies: Illegal in certain states.

Who is your fave Fantastic Four character(s): The Thing :thing:

How long have you been reading Fantastic Four ccomics?: Since the mid 70's.

What are your biggest concerns about The Fantastic Four Sequel?: Too much of what was done wrong (imo) in the first film being done again here.

What are you looking forward to seeing in this sequel?: The thing decking the Silver Surfer and Reed bluffing Galactus with a glorified tv remote.

Perhaps I'm too late, but still, I can never resist these things.

SHH Code Name: Mrs. Fantastic

Real Name (Optional): What? That is my real name!

Sex: Female

Age (Optional): As old as my gums, and a little older than my teeth.

Hobbies: Music, knitting, writing

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Mr. Fantastic, of course. I'm not fickle.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I have never read the Fantastic Four comics.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Too little production time.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: More of Mr. F. being a leader and all that.

Mrs. F.

SHH Code Name: Spider-Fan930

Real Name (Optional): Eric

Sex: Male

Age (Optional): 19 (20 in Sept.)

Hobbies: Movies, comics, music, uncovering the mysteries of life

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I'd say Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic. Their rivalry is one of the greatest in comics.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Lets see...around 12 years

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That FOX is gonna drop the ball on the Silver Surfer and Galactus, thus destroying the cosmic section of Marvel on film. The cosmic section is probably my favorite part of the Marvel U, and I'd hate to see it get messed up right off the bat. Also concerned that Doom won't be fixed, but at least it is sounding better right now.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The evolution of the characters, Alicia get expanded upon (she was practically a blip in FF), a hopefully improved Doom, and if they are done right, GALACTUS AND HIS HERALD THE SILVER SURFER!!!!

SHH Code Name: RedIsNotBlue

Real Name (Optional): Chad

Sex: Male or insert cliche joke

Age (Optional): 19

Hobbies: Breathing, sleeping, movies, drinking coffee, playing poker and shooting pool, and making that money

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Victor Von Doom. Badassssssss.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? When I was a kid I read a bunch of random comics. Fantastic Four happened to be some of them. I read a comic every once in a while these days but it has been a while since a FF one.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: The same as always. FOX. Rushed schedule being the main thing especially if were are getting huge characters like Silver Surfer and Galactus.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The more evolved version of Doom. Galactus. Maybe the awesome Willie Lumpkin trying out for the Fantastic Four? :)

SHH Code Name: Gambitfire

Real Name (Optional): Pablo...i mean Remy

Age (Optional): 19 or 20 depends :p

Country: Miami FL, USA aka Little Cuba....:eek: :( (no im not cuban)

Hobbies: Comic books, books, movies, Art (any kind really), hanging out :)

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Sue and Reed

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? i read it during it the 90's Marvel craze, then i lost track and now i barely keep up.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: that the characters will be overshadowed by the extent of the crisis in the movie (All this army talk worries me a little, im having bad Hulk Flashback :p). After that im worried the movie will Flop and everything else :p.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Silver Surfer. More Johnny and Ben comedy/teamup moments. More Sue and Reed Romantic caring moments. A WONDERFUL ENDING HINT OF FRANKLIN!!!! :D

SHH Code Name: IncredibleJeff:cool:

Hobbies: Drawing,Surfing the net.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Mr.Fantastic,I think he does'nt get enough respect

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? 2004

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I'll get back to that question
What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:Doom vs Reed(hopefully)

Sorry I have been a bit lazy about getting around to this so here goes...

SSH Code Name: Iron Maiden... for the curious my name comes from a villaness in Wally Wood's "Thunder Agents". She was a female character with a suit of armor similar to Doctor Doom's.

Real Name (Optional): Deborah

Sex: Female

Age (Optional): Old enough to be your eccentric Auntie

Hobbies: Comics, Movies, Gardening, Big Game Hunting (just kidding), stalking Julian McMahon (well, maybe not kidding!!:D )

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Sue is my favorite of the group, and of course a certain Latverian n'er do well. I think the comics needs to get the Sue back from the Byrne and Claremont era. I know I may get ripped up for mentioning Claremont's FF but I think she just had a bigger role when he was writing the book than she has recently. And I also liked Valeria Von Doom, the teen-ager Claremont brought into the book.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Well now I can't hide the truth. I first got a copy of the FF from a neighborhood friend ... we traded to get FF#40 "Battle of the Baxter Building" in around 1965 I think. Actually, I used a time machine to get it.. yeah! that's it... a time machine! I'm really 23 y'know.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel:
Good question...same as a lot of people. Too much input from the suits who really don't know anything about the FF or Doom for that matter. I am also worried that the Silver Surfer may not be the big deal that he is to comic book fans and not appeal to movie goers. The implied lack of a final script from recent reports and the very aggressive shooting and preparation schedule required to meet the June 2007 release date. A script writer who's new release is "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". I better quit because I want to stay positive for Willie's sake.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: A nude scene by Juli....no wait that's another show. I want to see more of the Johnny and Ben I saw in the first movie. They were great together. I want to have that sense of fun stay in the movie. Movies based on comic books don't have to be all dark and nihilistic. That's not Lee and Kirby's FF... there should be a sense of adventure. The FF were always the ones to discover new universes like the Negative Zone or to uncover the existence of the Skrulls, the Inhumans, Prestor John, the Hidden Ones, Ego the living planet, the race of Watchers and a sentient mathematical entity. The FF took us to Atlantis, Latveria, Wakanda, the Great Refuge, the Microverse, the Negative Zone and the Blue Area of the Moon.

I want to see Reed step up and be the leader that he is in the comics. He reached that stage by the end of the movie but he should be more in charge in the sequel, even to the point where he may cause a little friction in the group. Reed and Sue should be married at some point during the movie, maybe save it til the end or for the opening scene of part 3.

Now if they get Reed right, they can revisit the rivalry between him and Victor, with no mention of the fizzled romantic triangle. I want to see Victor credited as being Reed's intellectual equal. I want to see Victor back in Latveria taking up the reins of government. And I want to see a Silver Surfer that lives up to the sense of mystery and power that he had in his first appearance.

SHH Code Name: GoblinScrier

Real Name (Optional): Chris

Age (Optional): 26

Hobbies: Comic book collecting, all things Dr. Doom, Godzilla, horror movies, science fiction movies, 80s nostlagia (i.e. He-Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, MASK, GIJOE, Dino-Riders), Heavy Metal especially Alice Cooper, Nintendo

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I would have to say I can't pick a favorite...I love all 4 equally. However, I obsess over Doctor Doom over all characters and I have the F4 to thank for that.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Started collecting around 1992.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I hope that in the time they are given, that everything is not rushed, but a lot of thought put into it. I hope characterizations are not butchered (i.e. Silver Surfer is Kirby not Ultimate, Galactus is the titan, not a squad of enormous ships)

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! First thing for me is the perfect portrayal of Dr. Victor Von Doom (monarch, genius, etc.). Give me the perfect 616 version of Doom, cursing Richards and his family, and his beloved kingdom of Latveria with a castle and everything. Boris would be nice as well as his army of robots. I want to see the Silver Surfer as a tormented soul who ends up defying his master and siding with Earth (bonus points if Doom takes on the Surfer and absorbs his power cosmic). I want to see Reed and Sue already married or getting ready to marry. Hints of Franklin perhaps? I want to see Johnny continue to be the lady killer and of course Ben and Alicia advancing their relationship.

SHH Code Name: liesse00

Real Name (Optional):

Age (Optional): Somewhere in my 20's , go ahead guess

Occupation: Defending the F4 and all Chicago sport's teams through the good and bad

Hobbies: sports, movies, television, music, technology, weather and other stuff

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): All of them

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Never, got into them and other superhero's through the movies

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Nothing, everything that happens is good to me

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Pretty much everything. But mostly the F/X, Doom and the Surfer.

SHH Code Name: CyruBales

Real Name (Optional): Cyrus(surprise surprise)

Age (Optional): 18

Hobbies: Martial arts, films, comics, philosophy.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): From the F4, it's probably the thing, although does Dr Doom count?

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I read the first comic about 7 years ago, but I don't collect them, just read other peoples!

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I'm worried it will become a little over the top. I love galactus and silver surfer, but the fantasticar always annoyed me. I think they'll put too much in for children and forget about the fans.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Silver surfer and galactus!!! not to mention the new look super-armour doom!

SHH Code Name: Compi716

Real Name (Optional): Alex

Hobbies: Filmmaking, watching TV/Movies, writing, reading, drawing, having anger-management problems while playing golf, spelling correctly on the SuperheroHype! message boards...

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Human Torch

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics: Since I was a little kid, I suppose.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Rushed production, unfaithfulness to the original characters and concepts, poor SFX and direction, crappy script/dialogue and, last but not least, FOX being complete MORONS and making the creative team dish out a sub-par movie.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: What I want is, essentially, a larger scale. This movie should looks and feel EPIC. The story that they are choosing to tell is one of almost Shakespearean quality, and it deserves to be told respectfully. I hope to look up at the screen in complete and utter awe and watch as amazing events unfold between my eyes.

I also looks forward to actually seeing the Silver Surfer, and seeing Dr. Doom in his full glory.

SSH Code Name: Obi-Ron

Real Name (Optional): Ron

Age (Optional): 36

Hobbies: Cartooning, comics, travel, photography, gaming

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): :thing: :doom:

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since I was 8 or so

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That since the first movie proved profitable, the studio will stick to formula and not fix its mistakes

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The "Full Doom" we've been promised. Some tweaks to the Thing costume would be nice, too. (You know what I'm talking about!)

SHH Code Name: Joe Rockhead - Fred Flintstone's nemesis

Real Name (Optional): Bruce

Age (Optional): 41

Hobbies: Football, Comics and animation, SciFi, travel

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Idol O'Millions - Ben Grimm

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since the early 70's

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Watered down and/or missed characterization of Reed, Sue, Doom and Alicia; twisting of the one, true arrival of the Surfer and Galactus; the movie should be told like an epic adventure with a real serious sense of threat from the coming arrival of Galactus. Also, the movie should be allowed to play out to tell the complete story... rather than cut in order to fit into a 90 minute length. If it's got to run past 2 hours... let it run past 2 hours.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Action packed conflict - the action, danger and suspense should be expanded, while the small, character centric scenes should be shorter without losing the depth. Make Reed's lab something otherworldly... with a Negative Zone viewer to give you that sense of the infinite.

i believe we had this for the original too, nice.

SHH Code Name: excel

Real Name (Optional): Excel Townsend

Age (Optional): just turned 22 on july 4th

Hobbies: excersize, girls, cars, sports

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Ben

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? 1988

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: writing and driection

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Fantasticar. Larger scope. the sense they are actual team but also a family.

SHH Code Name: Robin91939

Real Name (Optional): Dan

Hobbies: Baseball, Swimming, Sports, Movies, Comics, etc.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Jonny Storm is my favorite, although in the movies Jessica Alba is amazing :)

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I've read some of the trades. Not many of the current issues, I have some of the older issues from the 80's "What if's" though.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel:
I hope it takes the dangers at stake a little more seriously tan FANTASTIC FOUR did. I'd really like to see Doom more in the shadows in a throne in Latveria, thinking he is all powerful, running the lives of the Fantastic Four since we last saw them, only to realize his power is nothing compared to what the herald of Galactus- Silver Surfer comes to tell us.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel:I really cannot wait to see the effects of Silver Surfer, and not to mention again- ALBA.

-R

SHH Code Name: Drakon

Real Name (Optional): Dave

Age (Optional): 22

Hobbies: Comics, Movies, Video Games, Writing

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): By and Far, I'd have to say Ben/Thing. Growing up disabled, I know what it was like to kind of be an outcast.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I'd say around 1992 or so?

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I think my biggest worry will be the studio trying to make it TOO "user friendly" for lack of a better term. Sacrificing too much, or something too big, just to make the movie more accessible to lukewarm fans.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: I think my biggest desire is just to see more of the same with the family. I'm also looking forward to not seeing Alba. :p

SHH Code Name: Asteroid-Man

Real Name (Optional): Joe

Age (Optional): 14

Hobbies: Bodybuilding, drawing, soccer, electronic stuff

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The thing then the human torch

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? I dunno, cant remember

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: I just want them to get closer to the comics, not as boring as the first

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! I want to see the Family of Four evolve on all levels. I want to see Doctor Doom finally reach the full glory he was despicably denied in the first film. And I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the Silver Surfer in action. All like Lightning said AND I wanna see Galactus or ATLEAST a hint at him

SHH Code Name: webhead731

Real Name (Optional): lol. No.

Age (Optional): 15

Hobbies: Drawing, making movies, making manips, being here, watching TV, playing games and hanging out with friends

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): They're all cool but Human Torch is my favorite

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Since like around 2000.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Acting, it being corny, if they can make the villains cool and that's about it.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Seeing them again with family problems, the more "Doom-like" Dr. Doom, action, new villains and pretty much everything else.

SHH Code Name: Jamie Madrox

Real Name (Optional): Eric

Age (Optional): 26

Hobbies: Creating my own Superheroes

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? 1987

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Not enough info to say at this time.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: There isn't enough info about it yet to say.

SHH Code Name: Vartha

Real Name (Optional): Brad

Age (Optional): 45

Hobbies: Drawing, Carving wood, anything artistic,Thor, Movies like LotR

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s):
Ben and Johnny are my favorites!

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?
since about 1974 or 75 off and on.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That the Surfer is going to be cheap looking. I really hope they can figure out how to make him look real and not some guy in silver spandex.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: The Silver Surfer, Hopefully a more traditional looking Doom, and alot of cool FF tech stuff that didn't make the 1st film.

SHH Code Name: Ty Parsec

Real Name (Optional): Eh, just call me Ty. :)

Sex: N/A

Age (Optional): 19

Occupation: Independent/Self-Taught Web Designer.... Future Computer Animator ;)

Hobbies: Art, writing (everything, but I do alot of fan fics), web surfing, reading (mostly Fiction), outdoor activites...

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I love them all, but the Human Torch is by far my favorite. Sue Storm would be second, though.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Started reading 'em right after seeing the movie, because I wanted to see how it [the movie] compared to the original stuff. Afterwards, I ended up getting hooked on them. To tell you the truth, I was never read one comic before then, but now I'm a total FF comic fan.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: Mostly how Fox handles the storyline between the production time and money issues. Having read (and written) alot of fiction myself, I think part of the heart of a quality movie is: one, the story. Equally as important, is the characterization and representation of the characters themselves. I want them to represent the original FF as much as possible. Being based on such a well-known comic, I want it to capture the heart and spirit of the original medium.

All other things are give-and-take as far as I'm concerned. :)

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Everything! I'm psyched to hear the Silver Surfer will be in this one. From what I'm hearing, it should be awesome.

SHH Code Name: Hellmistress

Real Name (Optional): Helen

Sex: Oh yeah, baby!!! Oh ... erm ... female ...

Age (Optional): 47

Occupation: Archivist/Historian, at present working as a Documentation Officer for the Aberdeenshire Museum Service. I'm also a cattle-breeder on our small farm.

Hobbies: reading, writing, cinema, history (especially military history), web design, script writing, running the official site for actor Doug Jones, historical research.

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): The Thing.

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? Read them 'way back in the Ice Age and then grew up. Then regressed in my forties, read Hellboy and now re-discovering FF and, of course, Silver Surfer.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That the studios sacrifice everything about the integral FF canon for profit.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Aw, c'mon!!! Silver Surfer, who else!!!!

SHH Code Name: VictorvondoomX

Real Name (Optional): BC

Age (Optional): 40 (%#@##!!)

Hobbies: Playing with/reading to my kids

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): varies b/t Reed and Ben on the team, but overall...Doom

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics? every month since I was 9 (1975)

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: That it will suck as hard regarding plotting, acting and mischaracterization as the first one.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Looking at the first one: ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!
(OK...Maybe a lil' bit of Ben & Johnny... the one thing Story got right)

SHH Code Name: Halcohol

Real Name (Optional): Derek

Age (Optional): Almost 21 (heads up, Vegas!)

Hobbies: Movies, snowboarding, fighting a budding YouTube addiction

Who Is Your Fave Fantastic Four Character(s): I love 'em all... Reed, Ben, Johnny, Sue (in that order). Reed's just the big naive dork who's forced to be a superhero. Fascinating, eh?

How Long Have You Been Reading Fantastic Four Comics?: *shame* I have never read a single issue of the F4. Not once. I do have the Alex Ross painting of the F4 #1 cover, though.

What Are Your Biggest Concerns About The Fantastic Four Sequel: It will be too flashy with not enough substance, either that or Doom will still be a tired, shallow character.

What You Look Forward To Seeing In This Sequel: Little touches of the 4 using their powers in everyday circumstances (ie Johnny with the popcorn). More of the Johnny/Ben antagonism. To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the Silver Surfer. But hey, I'm here to learn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"