JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time - Original Movie

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has confirmed that the new all-ages animated feature JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time will hit DVD on Tuesday, January 21st, 2014. The DVD-only release will be available exclusively at American Target locations starting next week.

a5fakk.jpg

Dubbed a “stealth release,” wherein a home entertainment product is given no promotion and limited availability due to its perceived audience reach, JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time is an all-new original movie featuring the Justice League facing off against the classic Legion of Doom. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has currently not provided any official details about the animated movie, but JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time producer Giancarlo Volpe (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) has recently taken to social media to drop a few tidbits.

With a runtime of roughly 52 minutes, Volpe called the animated feature an “all-new adventure, featuring the Justice League and the Legion of Doom, plus a couple curve balls.” Volpe added that JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time is a stand-alone feature, but “in my head canon it could hook up to Green Lantern: The Animated Series.”

Volpe stated that the all-ages movie features design work by Lynell Forestall (DC Nation), and includes the traditional Justice League line-up along with a few new additions, including Robin and Karate Kid. The voice cast for JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time includes Grey DeLisle, Dante Basco, Jack DeSena, Diedrich Bader, and Jason Spisak, with the movie’s score provided by Frederik Wiedmann (Green Lantern: The Animated Series).
http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...-in-time-movie-hitting-dvd-january-21st-2014/

Random, but interesting...

It is really random, hope I can get hold of it though as I'm from the UK.

Also getting the feeling with it been JLA Adventures maybe this is the start of a new series of DVDs or even an animated series.

Am I the only one that's getting a Superfriends vibe from that cover?

Diedrich Bader as Batman? Sweeeeeet!

Lol wait what? This is sweet but confusing, why would they do this? Is it going to be on Itunes too (I thought that was how they usually make most of their money)? Is this the same studio thing (DC Animated original)? Is this suppose to be a little more kiddy?

I have too many questions...

No Green Lantern? But Samurai (?) makes the cover? That's different.

The Hawkgirl re-design looks interesting. And Wonder Woman receives yet another costume design, which I quite like. Skirt, bodice with shoulder straps and a blue cape. Shame about the sword though! I prefer the peaceful warrior princess as opposed to the vengeful warrior princess.

Very random.

I assume the budget for this is smaller than their other DTVs.

Judging by the art this looks slightly more aimed at a younger demographic. Not that that's a bad thing.

Batman got his trunks back... :o

Last edited:
Interesting. Hope it is good and not the start of dumbed down.

Of course it will be dumbed down. It's clearly a kid's movie.

I was wondering if they were ever going to use the Earth-Two \S/ outside of MOS-related stuff.

Batman got his trunks back... :o

:up: :up: :up: :up:

BRING ALL THE REAL SUITS BACK!

...but why is The Flash's logo going the wrong way? :huh: Eh well...at least the logo is three pronged instead of two for once...I hated that they drew it like that in some of the other animated shows. Now if they could just reverse it...

Curious as to what this is...if it's anything like the DC Nation shorts I'll be thrilled. :D

Also...it's JLA. I like that. :D Step in the right direction haha. :)

Judging from the "trapped in time" part of the title, I'm thinking they do some sort of battle in different eras maybe (prehistoric, etc)?

Last edited:

The Hawkgirl re-design looks interesting. And Wonder Woman receives yet another costume design, which I quite like. Skirt, bodice with shoulder straps and a blue cape. Shame about the sword though! I prefer the peaceful warrior princess as opposed to the vengeful warrior princess.

It's NOT Hawkgirl, its actually Dawnstar from Legion of Superheroes! Karate Kid is also featured on the cover.. Judging by the title, this might also be a JLA/ LoSH team up! ;)

They may or may not be featuring Green Lantern but they certainly are featuring the cast from his recent Animated Series:

JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time is reuniting the Green Lantern: The Animated Series cast
http://cliqueclack.com/p/jla-adventures-trapped-in-time-reunites-green-lantern-cast/

Yeah... Volpe mainly chose actors he worked with previously on Avatar and Green Lantern.

However, he did state on twitter that sadly Green Lantern is probably off somewhere fighting a manhunter so he (and Josh Keaton) won't be apart of the project.

It's NOT Hawkgirl, its actually Dawnstar from Legion of Superheroes! Karate Kid is also featured on the cover.

Oh my bad! I thought they were redesigns of Hawkgirl and Samurai. It's cool to see some involvement from the 31st Century heroes!

Back cover (click for larger version):

Is this US only? Because it says on the back the product is not authorized to be sold outside of the US and Canada. In this case: Sweet! Us Canucks will get it too! :o

Any word on which Robin it will be? I bet it's Dick, because of history, or Damian, since Son of Batman will be released later on this spring.

Better look at WWs costume in this
league_zps8c6a31aa.jpg

I can dig it. Think ill pick this up tomorrow.

Better look at WWs costume in this
league_zps8c6a31aa.jpg

I can dig it. Think ill pick this up tomorrow.

Wow The Flash looks really great...they actually got his costume/logo right!!!

And I am honestly digging that Superman look....looks really good. My mind registers it as the "real" Superman suit for some reason...yet it's not. That's a good thing for a redesign. :up:

(New 52 Superman suit needs to look like this if they want a redesign so bad...also, NO COLLAR!! :D )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"