JMC's Exhibition

No offence JMC, but either the head is to big, or hands too small in the Iron Maiden manip. it just looks off there otherwise it's perfect.
Keep forgetting about this thread. Lady Avengers Assemble!!!

iron_maiden2.jpg

miss_america1.jpg

thora1.jpg

lady_hulk_02a.jpg

Her head is a little bit bigger than normal. The reason being for some reason at actual size her head looked really small compared to the rest of the body, so I increased it a bit. I probably over compensated for that. It's funny, I was really unhappy with how my Lady Hulk looked yesterday but looking at her with fresh eyes makes me see she's not as bad as I thought.

Also, bit of awesome news, Nintendo magazine in Brazil has asked me to do an illustration for them!

loving the female Avengers man - will you be doing fury hawkeye and errrm I guess a male black widow?

well done on the nintendo illustation thats cool

He's already said he's not genderbending Black Widow nor Maria Hill; I've asked. :csad:

However, I've been thinking of doing them in the same vein. :oldrazz:

I'd have to say the Female Avengers are probly my fave pieces next to the Wonder Woman ones and Sub-Zero.

I'm working on female Loki as I type. As for the others, Fury, Black Widow and Hawkeye I'm tossing up whether to complete the set or not, I was originally only going to do the 4 main characters and Loki but I've had a lot of people wish to see the entire lineup, so I'm thinking about finishing the lot. I'll see how I feel once Loki is done which hopefully will be in a couple of hours. I've got actresses for female Hawkeye and Fury in mind, I honestly have no idea who a male version of Scarlett Johansson might be though, I'll have to ask for some help in that area coz I have no idea where to begin looking.
I'd have to say the Female Avengers are probly my fave pieces next to the Wonder Woman ones and Sub-Zero.

Sub Zero is one of my favourites, but took freaking ages to do, he just never looked 'right' if you know what I mean, it was always looking 'fine' but never looking 'right'. Got there in the end, I plan to do more Mortal Kombat work and maybe even some Street Fighter stuff in the future.

Last edited:
Her head is a little bit bigger than normal. The reason being for some reason at actual size her head looked really small compared to the rest of the body, so I increased it a bit. I probably over compensated for that. It's funny, I was really unhappy with how my Lady Hulk looked yesterday but looking at her with fresh eyes makes me see she's not as bad as I thought.
I have no problems with the others. lol
I normally use the length of the hand for measurement of the head.(the hand's almost the same length palm to chin and finger tips to top of forehead) maybe if you strectch the hand a bit and reduce the head a bit it'll look ok lol

Last edited:
Commissioned piece, not actually meant to be Supergirl, so no need to point out the hair colour. :)

alexis_superhero_final.jpg

haha Nice! congrats JMC! I've only had retweets from Clark Gregg and Cobie Smulders

haha Nice! congrats JMC! I've only had retweets from Clark Gregg and Cobie Smulders

That's still cool! I had one from Jaimie Alexander a while back.

Ok, after putting it off for years due to lack of confidence and thinking long and hard about it I've decided I'm going to start taking commissions from those who want their own manipulations/illustrations done. Unfortunately I can't give out freebies folks but I am negotiable in terms of price. So if anyone is interested in getting some artwork done just PM me and we'll chat. :)

I wanted a daytime image to go with the others but sadly there wasn't the imagery to manipulate. :(

lokia.jpg

Lady Avengers Wallpaper in 16:9 ratio. Let me know if anyone wants a version in a different aspect ratio and I'll post one. :)

avengers_1920x10801.jpg

Hey! I've been looking at your stuff for a long time. Just wondering, what tool do you use to alter shapes the way you do? Warp tool (One of the transform options), liquify, distort(also one of the transform options), or something else?

Hey! I've been looking at your stuff for a long time. Just wondering, what tool do you use to alter shapes the way you do? Warp tool (One of the transform options), liquify, distort(also one of the transform options), or something else?

It's a bit of a combination of things really, it really depends on what part of the body I'm working on and the materials I need, I tend to use all the transformation tools, I sometimes have to paint stuff in as well, although it's usually only minor things that aren't that noticeable.

Straight answer. Puppet warp is the most powerful tool for these kinds of manips.

Actually warping in general only gets you so far before it begins to look weird. It's all about layers. Start off with a base and slowly build up each section of the body piece by piece. I generally group sections into a folder to make it easier, ie I'll create a group folder call 'Torso', 'Arms', 'Head' etc.

Layers are kind of a given in any Photoshop project.

I group layers by materials/texture with the same color.

I tend to do colours at the very end, more often than not the various pieces of photograph I use don't have the same colour values, once whatever section I'm working on is finished I overlay a uniformed colour so it all looks the same.

Check it out! I was on a site and your manip was on an ad!
smsamerica.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"