Joe Quesada Has Crossed The Line With The Smoking Ban

Ban on homosexuality is just as retarted as a smoking ban.It's just stupid.

That's a fabrication. Tony stark has sex with female muppets.

Ban on homosexuality is just as retarted as a smoking ban.It's just stupid.
Right. There is no ban on homosexuality anymore because that was ******ed. Why is it cool then to ban smoking? Because its currently cool to tell people what to think about smoking.

I'm not saying I want a ban on homosexuality, I'm openly bi-furious, I'm saying THAT particular ban would be more in line with ending the worst era of Marvel/National Enquirer comics and creating some future superhero classics.

The chick wrapped around Starks neck?
1024_IM_vlv_1.jpg

Janice from Electric Mayham. I.s**t.you.not. :o
janice.jpg

Do you really? I mean, its fun I guess but I never read a comic with those people in it and think "Wow, this scene would've kicked ass if Fury was smoking!"

Yeah, I do. I guess that's just me, and how I liked them as I was growing up. For example, I remember laughing a few times seeing Fury running into battle with a cig in his mouth. But yeah, I'll miss the randomness of seeing Logan talking to people while holding a cigar.

I know where you are coming from on this, and respect it. I just will miss it because I've been conditioned to it for so long, it really did give those characters a little something more to them I guess. Something that Spider-Man wouldn't do....

It's not like I'll stop reading the books, I'll just miss those quirks.:csad:

I don't really miss it, but it is a bit hypocritical to single smoking out as something that can never, ever be shown while they're pimping the world's most powerful drug addict every month over in Mighty Avengers...

Just thought of something I wanted to get yours and Darthpheres opinion on. And it kinda deals with singling out.

Ok, I get why he put the ban on smoking...his grandmother died...that's fine. But, still we have a superhero that's an alcholic, and more people die from alcohol related accidents than smoking. So why wouldn't Joe go that step further and ban drinking?? Would you miss that? Would you miss Tony having a drink after something has taken a toll on him?

Sorry if you guys already discussed this part of it as well, but I would really like to know your thoughts on it....both of you.

Well, Tony doesn't have a drink after anything because he's still an alcoholic. But other than that, it's basically the same thing. The only reason why smoking is banned while drinking is not is because it's a personal agenda of Joe Q to not show anybody smoking in the comics. It's dumb but, again, it's his prerogative as EiC.

When he's gone, it'll be smoke em if you got em.....unless of course his successor sticks with the program.

Personally I wish he'd lift the nude titty ban. If he did She-Hulk would become Marvel's most popular book.

You can show the bad effects of smoking without baning it.Like The question in DC or Solid Snake in MGS.

Isn't Solid Snake like 76 and still kicking everyone's ass in the latest game? Yeah, smoking's really taken a toll on him... :dry:

Well, Tony doesn't have a drink after anything because he's still an alcoholic. But other than that, it's basically the same thing. The only reason why smoking is banned while drinking is not is because it's a personal agenda of Joe Q to not show anybody smoking in the comics. It's dumb but, again, it's his prerogative as EiC.

That's what I wanted to hear. I agree, it's dumb and he's just really trying to prove a point..."It's my company"

I'm not saying he's making us suffer by banning smoking. I just think he's getting to power heavy and wanting the Marvel Universe his way or the highway.:csad:

Eh, Shooter did it. And he's far more well liked than that *****e bag.

That's what I wanted to hear. I agree, it's dumb and he's just really trying to prove a point..."It's my company"

I'm not saying he's making us suffer by banning smoking. I just think he's getting to power heavy and wanting the Marvel Universe his way or the highway.:csad:
I think that's a bit extreme. It's not like he's going out of his way to insert his messages into everything. He banned smoking and restored Spider-Man's status quo to the way he preferred it. That's pretty much just two things. You've gotta at least give him credit for allowing the Annihilation, Nova, and Guardians of the Galaxy comics to exist, given that he hates cosmic stuff. You know what happens when Dan DiDio doesn't like something? He attempts to destroy it and/or ensures top talent can't ever touch it.

Yes, I'm talking about Nightwing, goddamnit. :cmad:

Solid Snake isn't really in his 70's. He just reached the age that Big Boss was when he was cloned, and thus his body is breaking down.

I'm not saying I want a ban on homosexuality, I'm openly bi-furious, I'm saying THAT particular ban would be more in line with ending the worst era of Marvel/National Enquirer comics and creating some future superhero classics.

This is bar-none the stupidest thing I have ever read on this message board.

I'm including the Community forum here.

Also,

Right. There is no ban on homosexuality anymore because that was ******ed. Why is it cool then to ban smoking? Because its currently cool to tell people what to think about smoking.

I think a lot of people in this thread need reminding that smoking is an idiotic habit that people shouldn't in fact do. I mean sure banning it outright from the comics is kind of silly for a lot of reasons but none of those reasons is that you're ********* because someone dared to remind you that it's ****ing stupid to fill your lungs and veins with garbage. What next, a post from the **** Eaters of America Club complaining about the lack of Marvel characters eating ****?

Oh, and you know what?

You can show the bad effects of smoking without baning it.Like The question in DC or Solid Snake in MGS.

Don't ****ing talk to me about the Question, because the Question didn't show jack **** about the 'bad effects' of smoking. Hey here's a question, how many times did big Q ever go up to somebody and be like "Question - how did the Police Chief know *COUGH COUGH HACK HORK* oh holy **** just give me a minute here I gotta *GHRRRRRRRRRUGP GAK* oh man I can't spit this **** out with no mouth I'm gonna have to ****ing swallow it oh man here goes *GULP!*" and then try to **** a woman and fail because cigarettes broke his dick?

and more people die from alcohol related accidents than smoking. So why wouldn't Joe go that step further and ban drinking??

No, that's just a flat-out lie that you made the **** up; the actual numbers are something like 440,000 deaths for smoking compared to like 40,000 for drinking including both accidents and health complications. But hey, thanks for coming out.

I don't even ****ing like Quesada but you don't see me making **** up about actual real-world, life and ****ing death problems just so I can work up a hate-hardon for him.

I haven't played it yet because I have a Wii, but I think thats just what clones do.

*waits for good games to come out for Wii*

It is just what the clones do. Cigs have never been an issue in MGS games... they decrease your health slightly but in MGS1/2 they were actually useful in that they would show infrared traps and steady your aim! How's that for a mixed message? :csad:

And fifthfiend was rolling today. I found myself agreeing almost wholeheartedly.

Solid Snake isn't really in his 70's. He just reached the age that Big Boss was when he was cloned, and thus his body is breaking down.
I finished the game and throughout the whole thing people are looking down on snake for smoking.he even
quits smoking at the end of the game.

I finished the game and throughout the whole thing people are looking down on snake for smoking.he even
quits smoking at the end of the game.

Kojima has crossed the line with the smoking ban.

This is bar-none the stupidest thing I have ever read on this message board.
First of all, then you've obviously never encountered me before.

Seconds, you are a violent smokeaphobe. And I'm not saying Marvel should ban this or that, its as simple as this: I get more out of the classic image of J.J.J. or The Thing with a cigar in their mouth than I do out of Luke Cage saying "you guys should get 'gay married'" or lines like "we're so glad you boys pound each other!". Its a matter of preference on things to ban.

I don't think you need a ban on homosexuality to get rid of god-awful lines like that. You just need better writers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"