The Dark Knight Joker Casting Threads [merged-30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, why the hell would anyone think Crispen Glover be a good joker. That guy is messed up, and not in a good, cool way. Don't you realize that he is as insecure as he acts. That's why he always acts that way, it's the way he is. He would suck as Joker, also he has a high pitched voice, that is shaky and gay.

Montana said:
Hugo Weaving would be awesome as The Joker. Great actor, and his teeth are perfect for Jack Napier, he'd be a great choice.

PS: Revolutions was a great movie
Goddamit - JACK NAPIER IS NOT A BATMAN CHARACTER! He is a Burton creation.

StorminNorman's Little Known Fact: When I first voted in this poll I knew very little about any of the Joker candidates - so I voted for Mark Hammil, NOT Paul Bettany.

StorminNorman said:
StorminNorman's Little Known Fact: When I first voted in this poll I knew very little about any of the Joker candidates - so I voted for Mark Hammil, NOT Paul Bettany.

lol, me too. I hate to admit it, but I voted for Mark Hammil. Don't know what I was thinking.

That's why I think there needs to be a new poll, with all the people that are still being talked about. (Hulme, Law, Weaving, Bettany, Brody, Jackman, Rockwell, hell even throw Glover on there.) I'm sure a poll starting today would turn out a heck of a lot different than that old one.

we should make a new poll. I voted for Brody. He's not my top choice anymore

The most recent Joker poll was Bettany v. Hulme.

Of course Bettany beat his ass.

let's talk candidates for new poll.

Bettany (duh)
Hulme
Eccleston
Brody
Weaving
Depp
Roth
The Jude

any else?

Hmm....If you are going to add Eccleston, you might as well add Glover. Then complete, utter unknown would be the only other addition I can think of.

ack. I dont see whats the thing with Cassel, its only that one pic.

I have to put Eccleston, because he's my fav.

So lets see, a new poll would DEFINATLEY have to include:

Paul Bettany
Lachy Hulme
Jude Law
Hugo Weaving
Vincent Cassel
Adrien Brody
Christopher Eccleston
Tim Roth
Johnny Depp

And then might as well fill up the poll with these candidates who've been briefly mentioned in some rumors:

Crispin Glover
Sam Rockwell
Robin Williams
Steve Carrell
Jack Black
Jake Gyllenhaal

I actually agree with you on that, put he still has enough followers to deserve to be on the poll.

Who in the history of what has ever said Jake Gyllenhaal for Joker?!?

Ronny Shade said:
Who in the history of what has ever said Jake Gyllenhaal for Joker?!?

it was when that rumor that a former contendor for another BB2 role was up for Joker instead (turned out to be Law, who we thought was up for Dent). Some people thought it might by Gyllenhaal, and a few people supported it. Yeah it's a bad idea, but no worse than Robin Williams or Crispin Glover.

Ronny Shade said:

I have to put Eccleston, because he's my fav.

Cassel is a must. I mean, for the poll.

Jason Lee also. . just because he rocks.

Oh, and it'd be awesome if we could vote multiple options, because I'd be happy with a lot of choices.

Katsuro said:
lol, me too. I hate to admit it, but I voted for Mark Hammil. Don't know what I was thinking.

That's why I think there needs to be a new poll, with all the people that are still being talked about. (Hulme, Law, Weaving, Bettany, Brody, Jackman, Rockwell, hell even throw Glover on there.) I'm sure a poll starting today would turn out a heck of a lot different than that old one.
Hey, I would have voted for him too - he's got the laugh, the Batman experience and knowledge, and his face is already messed up! True, with his voice work it's not like he needs the money, but still - he could still be good. A little old, true, but if he was indeed cast, I would not be howling in rage.

Bettany - not funny, but certainly creepy enough for me. I liked him in "A Knight's Tale", he could pull it off.

Brody - poor little guy, he looks like a daschund. He's too vulnerable and puppy-eyed for my Joker tastes.

Law - he could do it, but would he? He's too suave, and too pretty. Pretty pretty pretty....Where was I? Oh yeah...

Jackman - nope. He's already got Wolverine, I don't think he has the creepy-scary chops to be Joker. We've really got to ration the geek roles, because Ian McKellan is already emersing himself in the fountain of Nerd Film Heros, all set to be baptised as our God. We are not worthy!

Weaving - yes. Yes yes yes. He could definitely do it! He showed off his campy side in V - but once again, he's also gone to the fountain of Nerd Heroes more than once - LOTR, V for Vendetta, the Matrix, etc.

Rockwell - he'd be an understated Joker, but he could do it. He usually plays loser-ish type people, though. I don't want a bumbling Joker.

Glover - While he could very well be perfect for the role (much like DeVito for Penguin, which made me think that when God created him, he thought "hey, just for laughs, let's make this guy look like the Penguin dude from the comics!"), I think casting him as a crazy-insane-villain would only be encouraging him.

Eccleston - awww...I've still got the warm fuzzies for him for when he was on BBC's "Cracker". Plus - nerd experience with Dr. Who, and visually he's a good match as well.

Roth - meh. Haven't seen him that often - he was an amusing dandy in "Rob Roy", but I don't think I've seen him in enough things to be a good judge. I've only seen him in "Pulp Fiction", "Rob Roy", and "Planet of the Apes" - and that last one, if working in makeup is any judge, was AWFUL.

Depp - no. NO. He's very pretty, yes, and he's been weird before in Charlie and the Chocolate factory, but still too pretty-boy for Joker.

Williams - funny as ALL HELL, and becoming increasingly experienced in playing psychopaths, but too old.

Black - YES - but--as hard as it is for me discriminate people against their body size, Black's adorable roundness might prove a disadvantage when playing the rapier-thin Joker. Jack Nicholson was a fine Joker, but many have complained about his size, and he wasn't all that chubby to begin with. Jack Black COULD, however, be a fine Penguin if Nolan were to use him again.

Gyllenhall - what? WHAT? WTF? When did that get in there? I say, don't let him get his hands on any lipstick and grease paint, and have him hold on to the Spidey tights - because he's got more chance of replacing Tobey when he breaks his spine in half than playing the Joker.

Carrell - YES. YES. He's my number one choice - I'm a fan, I'll admit it. Someone informed me that someone suggested him before, and got laughed off the boards, but I'll stick by my choice. He's very dynamic, he's got the crazy eyes (and the Joker nose!), and he's got versatile acting chops as well. Call me crazy, but Carrell for Joker!

Jason Lee: NO. For one reason: he'd have to shave the 'stache.

AnimeJune said:
Jason Lee: NO. For one reason: he'd have to shave the 'stache.

Lol, we dont wan't another Ceaser Romero, now do we?

Two Face said:
Not really no if you saw The 40 Year Old Virgin. :down
For me, 40-Year-Old Virgin :up: :up: .
"You look like a man-o-lantern!"
"I'm very discrete, but I will haunt your dreams."
"Is it true that if you don't use it, you lose it?" "Is that a serious question?" "No, no it's not."

Steve Carrell rocks.

Mr Sensitive said:
He wouldn't. The guy is truly a great actor. One of the few Hollywood has nowadays.
Just because he's a good actor does not mean he'd be right for the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"