Joker Costume for Halloween

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Steyin, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usmcrice0311 Dog Chasing Cars

I'm not a fan of that sithcamaro coat. the lapels have no break in them causing them to not look like lapels at all. and it looks much to long on you. :wow: much too expensive for what you get imho

2. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

Totally gorgeous!! I would do a lot of for Magnoli's vest, trousers and shoes. His tie shirt and gloves are amazing! Here are some newer pics of my mannequin which i took the other day.

Also, does anyone have any detailed pics of the flower button and Liberty Dime which is included on the vest during the latter part of the film? I really need some reference but it will take some time going back through these pages to find it! Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11852 chrisshaw1988, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  3. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

And a nice long shot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers,

Chris.

4. Jodo "That Button Guy"

Very nice Chris!

As for the ref pics., here's the best one money can buy. ;)

[​IMG]

As for Toby's coat, I agree. For the price, IMO it leaves a bit to be desired. It looks good, but for the money, I'd rather have Indy's. (And even save money!) I might make the Joker a traditional thing even, at least give out candy in it anyway. I might do the parade is something diffrent each year, but the good ol' Joker....I want him to be around forever. ;) (Enspecialy when I can stash all the costumes on display at my dentist office I'll never have.)

5. Rebabaluba Registered

I completely agree. The lapels on Sithcamaro's coat doesn't look screen accurate at all especially compared to Indy's. I would expect near perfection for that sort of price.

Hey Jodo I know the different buttons were seen on a display of the Joker costume but at what point in the movie is he wearing those buttons because I've looked at all the hi-def screencaps and I don't see them on his vest.

6. Jodo "That Button Guy"

For along time I considered those buttons on that vest the "touring version", as some costumes, or stunt costumes can differ quite a bit from movie versions. Perhaps as an old unused design for the main version,etc. But it turns out, during the interogation scene, Batman man handles the Joker a wee bit to much, and pops the top button off. So, in all the scenes after his escape from the MCU, his top two buttons are the mercury dime, and the little smilie flower button. All because of crazy ol' serious Batman :)

I always picture the Joker going to JO-ANN'S Fabric to get them. :hehe:

EDIT - I think the only hi-def pic other than touring suit pics. would be the ones of the Joker upside down, and hitting Batman/Rotweilers with his little club.

EDIT 2 - Oh, the money scene ones too!

7. Rebabaluba Registered

Well I had heard that he had those buttons after the interrogation scene but out of all the screencaps/movie stills I've looked at, I can't see these buttons. I'm pretty sure it is a "tour version" like you say because if you look at the other photos of that display you can see that the gloves are quite different from the screen used ones.
    I honestly don't care though, i really like the buttons, I am just curious to know whether he wore a vest with them or not.

8. joker1 Registered

hey, jodo! what were you planning on doing for your suspenders? cuz i can happily point you in the direction that i went:

BHS for the suspenders - http://www.bhs.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/bhsstore/949687/218903

Pebeo for the fabric pen - http://www.pebeo.com/us/index.htm

it was really easy to do, as the diamonds are a different fabric to the elastic and soak the ink up leaving a really neat edge. the elastic sort of doesn't absorb the ink, so you can be finished within two hours if you want to do all the diamonds. here's a comparison of mine and heaths (lighting's a bit off in my photos, but is almost dead on):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just thought i'd chip in and offer a cheap way of doing the suspenders! :yay:

EDIT: i forgot to say, they're clip on suspenders, so you may need to change that for screen accuracy.

#11858 joker1, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  9. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

Thanks for the reference photo Jodo, its much appreciated! I also think Indy's coat looks better than the Sithcamaro one. Oh, and dont crush your dreams having everything on display in your dentist office just yet, or they'll never come true!

10. Jodo "That Button Guy"

Reb, you can see 'em in pics like this :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/Download/JokerGeneral/dk0063sc0.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/Download/JokerGeneral/dk0135l.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/Download/JokerGeneral/dk0137v.jpg

Joker1, those do look good! I had planned on buying some Albert Thurston ones, which are the button type braces. Sortaaaaaaa like these (They also have grey, black, and white.) :

http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/Gr...x?query=Categories/Products/Categories/Braces

I've always wondered if lighting played with the colors, and the braces are actualy the sceen used in the link. I know turning a dark to a light is pretty hard, but I've seen some pretty funny things while looking/taking pictures. So I think it's deffintly possible. In some ref pics. I have, they don't seem to be a realy white either, like a shade of grey or something. The ones you posted would proboly be realy good at reproducing the appearence. (Albert Thurston has noted in the past that to their knowledge they did NOT supply TDK with any products.)

Chris, thanks for the positive vibes! After seeing some good lookin' nurses last night, I'm thinkin' I might go down another carrer path. :hehe: LOL. :oldrazz::cwink:

EDIT - Man, SHH is slow. I've been setting here for a few mins. waiting to be able to edit this post. :huh:

Anyway, what I was going to say was....I don't know if my hand would be steady enough to color in the diamonds on the braces, LOL.

And that I found another ref pic. of the two buttons. I knew I had a image of the Joker beatin' up Batty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...oad/JokerGeneral/thedarkknightc4674562cx3.jpg

#11860 Jodo, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  11. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

I never thought the braces were white and green. It looks a lot like intense light reflecting from the surface of the slightly shiny strap material on the braces, which gives the impression they are lighter or even white on the colour surrounding the green diamonds. As part of my Automotive Design degree we study reflections and the way light alters colour on the glossy laquered surface of vehicles in order make renderings and drawings more accurate to how we see reflections in reality.

Just though i'd throw a bit of useful degree level car design stuff in there, lol. I think the braces look very much like the ones Jodo posted in this link:

http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/Green-Diamond-Elastic-Braces-p_857.aspx?query=Categories/Products/Categories/Braces

I'm open to other theories, this is still just my opinion and if anyone has white braces with green diamonds i dont want you to think i'm batting you down, lol.

Chris. :yay:

12. Rebabaluba Registered

Awesome pics Jodo! Those were exactly what I needed to rid any doubt in my mind. I won't be seeking out those buttons for my vest but I wish people luck in finding them.

I'm still not sure about the suspenders. The more I look at them, the more I don't think they're white, but I don't think they're black either. Thanks Joker1 for the link to the silver ones, I think I'll go for them.

13. Kelikala Registered

I'm trying to sell my Hot Topic Tripp Hex Shirt so I thought I'd make a last ditch effort and see if anyone here on the forums was in need of it! The shirt is brand new... still has the tags on it and has been doing nothing but hanging on the front of my bedroom door since February. I really didn't want to part with it, but as a few of you know, I had surgery a few weeks ago, which kinda strapped me for cash and I'm only selling this shirt because I have NO money to put gas in my car to get to my post op appointment this Wednesday to get my stitches out. Shirt is a men's XL, cost is $30.00 which includes shipping here in the states. International shipping extra. Picture under the spoiler...

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Payment accepted via PayPal. Can also take payment via credit/debit card without a PayPal account.

14. Killer Queen77 R.I.P - KING OF POP

^^ Ooh, hey Keli! I might be interested (I'm in the UK, but damn those shirts are so hard to come by over here!!) I'll drop you a PM tomorrow if that's okay (it's an ungodly hour here right now, ha ha) :)

15. Kelikala Registered

Yeah, they're hard to come by anywhere really. I got it as a new addition to my Joker costume, but never got around to actually using it and I'd rather see it go to someone who is actually going to get some use out of it, then let it hang on my bedroom door any longer. I'll be waiting for your PM tomorrow and I'm quite surprised that you're awake actually, since it's probably close to 3am over there!

16. Jodo "That Button Guy"

This is exactly what I'm talking about, you can see in quite a few images that there is a slight shade of grey (or whatever you'd like to call it.) instead of just plain white. When I get around to getting my stuff together, I'll proboly end up purchasing said grey and green braces. (No one will know either way! LOL!)

Keli, good luck on selling the shirt, although I don't think it will be hard at all! :cwink:

EDIT - I've got the links for the special vest buttons as well, LOL. Ask and ye shall receive! ;) Just need to paint 'em a bit. (Someone buy me some, LOL. :p ;) )

Smilin' button (can also be found at JoAnn's) : http://www.ascuteasabutton.com/Merc...B1&Product_Code=JHB-23195&Category_Code=CHILD

Mercury dime button : http://www.alltribes.com/Coin-Collector-SILVER-Mercury-Dime-Button-pr-207105.html

#11866 Jodo, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  17. joker1 Registered

I'm still not sure about the suspenders. The more I look at them, the more I don't think they're white, but I don't think they're black either. Thanks Joker1 for the link to the silver ones, I think I'll go for them.[/quote]

hey, i'm here to help! seriously though, in some reference pictures the main part of the braces look white with a dark green diamond, and mine almost match that and the pictures in my earlier post on this page perfectly. it's all about how the light catches the shimmery materials. i don't think the braces are black, though. there is alot of the brace in shaddow in my comparison picture (earlier), which would be more black if that's what people are suggesting...

18. Rebabaluba Registered

19. Jodo "That Button Guy"

Well that's the thing, in some shots it looks white, and in some shots it has the greyish look to it. IMO, if you take into consideration all the crazy bright lights production is using, there's a big chance the dark will appear lighter.

And totaly unrelated, but Bromelys is charging more for the green/grey and white/white ones than the others. Why so serious Bromelys? LOL. :p ;)

20. Pennyworth Registered

Hi everyone. I check in on this thread from time to time just to see how everyone's costumes are coming and wow, some of you guys are going all out - super impressive. I saw AZspidey's SDCC picture in the Fanart/Manip thread on the sequel board -:applaud I love that a Halloween thread has become a year long obsession.

Anyway, last Halloween I did the BRJ costume and really enjoyed it, and recently I've been looking into get some Joker elements to mix into my everyday stuff. I really want some pants, the shirt, tie and vest, (I have the Tabio socks already. :cwink:)

A few questions...

I had been casually looking around for possible options for pants but when I saw jacksparrow's magnoli pants I had to post - they look AMAZING! $160 is steep, but man, now I may not be able to settle for anything else.
    Are there any other pants out there to consider?

And as for the shirt, am I to understand the Utopia Base shirt is somewhat off in shade? Regardless, I don't know if I can swing both the pants and shirt from Magnoli.

As for the tie, what/where do most people buy?

I know as we get closer to Halloween, this thread will get more traffic, so I figured I'd check in now. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. :up:

21. williamsdr Registered

Pretty much the only other pant option would be to dye your own. It is really tough to find a purple pinstripe in wool. If at all.

The utopia shirt you could get by with on a budget. Its not accurate in regards to the pattern and color but the general public doesn't have a clue.

The original tie was made by Turnbull and Asser. Long sold out I would imagine. They ran about $175 I think. I got in on the first run :woot:
    Magnoli's tie is the only other option. Its only like 60 or 70 bucks I think and is dead on to how the tie looks on screen. The T&A one is more green colored in person.

22. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

23. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

with the suspenders you have to take in effect the lighting and the color timing.

24. jacksparrow900 wing freak terrorizes

here is my wig after i dyed it
    [​IMG]

25. chrisshaw1988 A Saucerful of Secrets

Nice wig mate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.