Jon Chu Directing G.I. Joe 3

I hope that Joes like Alpine and Stalker can be introduced, Lifeline, and the female Doc.

I thought Retaliation was ok, but I enjoyed the 1st movie more, so bringing back some characters from that should happen, IMO. I think they could bring Duke back if they wanted as well, and it would be nice to have an explanation as to how Storm Shadow survived the 1st movies events as well.

ComicBook 07/20/2015:
Hasbro Working On Bringing Back M.A.S.K.
Jay Jayson said:
Our friends at TFW2005 (via Hiss Tank) covered the Hasbro Financial Call for Q2 2015 today and came across an interesting nugget. Hasbro revealed (view image below) that they are in fact working on bringing back M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) in some capacity. How so? Nobody is quite sure yet.

In December, Hasbro submitted several M.A.S.K. trademark applications that indicated the company would develop a new toyline. Keep in mind, M.A.S.K. began as a series of toys in 1985, which was supported by an animated series (1985-1986) and a comic book series that both came out that same year. Now that it is 2015, Hasbro could bring back the brand to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Of interest: Trakker is rumored to be making an appearance in the next G.I. Joe live-action film, which could lead to a M.A.S.K. spinoff film.

Akiva Goldsman ‘Transformers’ Writers Room Leads Paramount & Hasbro To Set One For ‘G.I. Joe,’ ‘Micronauts’
Mike Fleming Jr said:
EXCLUSIVE: After their Akiva Goldsman-led Writers Room experiment led to at least three movie ideas to extend Transformers, Hasbro and Paramount have set Goldsman to supervise a Writers Room for their G.I. Joe movie series. And they will go the same route with Goldsman to draft ideas for the Hasbro property Micronauts, with Goldsman supervising that as well. This change of duties means Goldsman will supervise but won’t write the next Transformers installment. Paramount is now negotiating with Writers Room participants Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man) and Black Hawk Downscribe Ken Nolan to write the script together. That course change was cemented by Paramount, Hasbro, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Don Murphy.

The Writers Room experiment was hatched as a way to inject the collaborative exchange of ideas that happen in the development of TV shows to flesh out theTransformers universe and create a steady flow of product after Transformers: Dark of the Moon grossed $1.12 billion. Among those who took part were Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer, Barrer & Ferrari, Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead), Zak Penn, Jeff Pinkner, Steven DeKnight (Spartacus creator and Daredevilshowrunner), and Geneva Robertson-Dworet.

Don't mind Goldsman moving over to GIJ as the guys who wrote IM should be able to do a good TF script.

I still don't get why they did not just re cast Destro :huh:

Guy wears a mask all the time that's easier to re cast than James Bond

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"