Jonathan Majors cast as KANG

Discussion in 'Ant-Man Sequels' started by Speed Force, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Joined:
    Mar 10, 2015
  2. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Huh. Didn't expect that.

3. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I was expecting Psycho Man or Atlas. This really feels like a waste since I wanted Kang in Avengers 5.

Closerframe likes this.
  4. Albright Registered

I doubt, that they announce a major role for a movie, that hasn’t even a release date before they announce who‘s in Thor or Doctor Strange...or who‘s gonna be Ms. Marvel, Moon Knigeht or She-Hulk

but then again... better Jonathan Majors than Owen Wilson (there heven been rumors for Loki)

5. Zarex Registered

He still could be the big bad of the next Avengers flick. I don't see Scott and Hope taking out the Conqueror in his debut appearance.

CaptainWagner likes this.
  6. Joined:
    Mar 10, 2015
    That's still probably the case

7. Chris B Registered

Exciting news. Though I'm surprised that Ant-Man 3 is where the character will be making his debut. I kinda bought into the rumors of him appearing in Loki given the apparent multiverse plot for that.

8. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Growing man Vs giant man could be cool.

Young avengers and Pym particles time travel abilities would give a reason for Kang to appear in ant-man 3

9. Yellow Cyclone Pessimist

they are not going to do time travel as a mcguffin again after endgame lol, i don't understand why people were thinking kang would be the next avengers villain

it's going to setup doom down the road and if anything doom having his own time platform will put the time travel genie back in the bottle as a plot device if they don't already do that with kang in ant-man/possibly loki on his show

10. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

Loki was in Thor before Avengers, Thanos was in Guardians 1, Zemo is coming back.

Pretty bold to assume they’d one-and-done Kang

CaptainWagner likes this.
  11. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

The trades don’t make up stuff for clickbait. If Deadline and THR and Variety are reporting it, you can scoff all you want but it’s locked in happening

12. CaptainWagner Not Today

This is, IMO, the biggest evidence that this isn't a one-and-done role and Majors as Kang will be a major cross-over villain going forward in the MCU, as had already been rumored. Especially given his ties to the Young Avengers, who are clearly being set up in this Phase.

MbJ and Black Is King like this.
  13. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Hmmm. Kang should be utilize in Avengers 5. I'm curious if this is true. Well at least they finally started casting for new roles!

14. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I thought he was going to be a hero-type so really wasn't expecting him to get a villain role in the MCU. With Feige saying shortly after Endgame released that Ant-Man would have a big role in the future of the MCU, I think we got an answer as to how.

15. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

^lets not forget that there are several different takes on Kang of different timelines and alternate worlds...
    so, we might see him in many forums throughout the MCU over the next phase of movies

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  16. inomilan Registered

I'm so hyped for this. LET'S GO LET'S GOOOOOO

17. MahvelBaby! Registered

Awesome casting love lovecraft country a lot and I'm happy he is in the MCU and as one of my favorite villains.

18. MahvelBaby! Registered

I'd imagine Kang is pissed at the time travel loops created by the avengers in endgame.

This could be a cool way to revisit perceived plot holes in avengers endgame time travel logic and do something really cool with it.

19. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

A lot of people were saying the time travel from Endgame could set the stage for Kang to appear.

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  20. MbJ Registered

Great casting. Glad to see him getting another high profile role like this. He was great in Da 5 Bloods.

21. herolee10 No More Miracles

I think the difference here is that unlike the examples listed above, Ant-Man has no personal connection with Kang (at least not that I'm aware of).

Loki is Thor's adopted brother, while Gamora and Nebula are both Thanos's adopted daughters. Having Kang show up in "Ant-Man 3" is like expecting to see Vandal Savage show up in a Harley Quinn movie.

22. CaptainWagner Not Today

As others pointed out, though, Ant-Man has been all about messing with the Quantum Realm and the Space/Time Continuum. So it's really a fairly natural extension of those developments to run into Kang.

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

Imho, I feel like MODOK and AIM would have been more of a natural leap than someone like Kang, due to the threat level that he possesses. Plus, Ant-Man and Wasp is generally known for being more comedic in its source material so I can't see it being an appropriate setting to introduce Kang into the MCU.

Dark Raven likes this.
  24. Zyraquis Registered

He could be just a cameo for the future set up. The actor has probably signed for multiple movies already.

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  25. Black Is King Registered

Ant-Man 3 may do the opposite of Thor: Ragnarok and take a more serious tone as the stakes are raised in the third film. There will always be comedic elements present and Ant-Man & Wasp can have a movie with major implications for the entire MCU in Phase 4. The storyline thread to Kang is already here. The use of time travel from Avengers: Endgame will factor in this story without question. My biggest hope is Kang makes multiple movie (possibly Disney+ series) appearances. Jonathan Majors is an incredible talent and I’m very excited to see Majors own this role as Kang.