Patrick Wilson Cast In Unrevealed Role

Since we posted random Paul Rudd Gifs in Paul's thread, I think we should post random Patrick Wilson gifs here.

tumblr_inline_mi6t1wtHm71qz4rgp.gif

it's...just not as cool. do you have any of him dancing?

I've seen some people speculating that Pym will be de-aged somehow but I doubt it personally although you can never rule Marvel out with some sort of twist.

i'd more believe Kang pulling Wilson's-Pym from the past to fight against the present day Avengers.

There is a million and one ways they can go down that route if they wish such as using the time gem, a variation on the Infinity formula, time travel, ect.

I think Edgar wants to tell a 'straight forward grounded' film in Ant-Man but beyond that who knows what direction these characters will go in.

There is a million and one ways they can go down that route if they wish such as using the time gem, a variation on the Infinity formula, time travel, ect.

I think Edgar wants to tell a 'straight forward grounded' film in Ant-Man but beyond that who knows what direction these characters will go in.

just a thought. but the movie could play out just like we expect; Pym clandestinely choosing his successor as Ant-Man. then, in the after-credits, we see Pym telling some shadowy figure (could be Thanos, the Collector, Kang, whomever) that his task has been accomplished. while Scott was unknowingly creating a distraction elsewhere, Pym has stolen the time gem from SHIELD or some other organization. sounds messy. but what i'm getting at is that there was something more sinister about Pym passing along the mantle. and it could lead to Wilson as time-displaced Yellowjacket or Giant-Man.

I can't wait until his role is revealed so I can stop hearing "He's totally young pym!" *shudder*

I can't wait until his role is revealed so I can stop hearing "He's totally young pym!" *shudder*

well you shouldn't be 100% certain of anything, at this point. it's not like anyone guessed that Michael Douglas was going to be Hank. Wilson and Douglas have zero resemblance to one another. but factor back in the two early candidates for the female lead; Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard. i did a side by side comparison over the weekends;w/ some headshots. Patrick Wilson is believable as the father of either actress; if he's simply appearing in flashbacks. but those two weren't available. so who knows what direction Wright is going in? Pena and Clifton Collins jr could very well be the main villains of the film.

tumblr_inline_muxbzwqhY11rzb296.gif

Couldn't find it animated :(
patrick-wilson-2004-phantom-opera-still-01.jpg

also just thought this was weirdly similar (careful suicidal theme):
patrick-wilson-the-ledge-movie-image-1052436419.jpg

Suicide.jpg

There are no .gifs of Patrick Wilson dancing?

Now that's crying shame. Here he is doing The Full Monty:
http://youtu.be/5TqQ3M_4YXs

I don't see how he could be anything but young Hank Pym, he's so perfect.

I hope he is young Hank. It would be an interesting dynamic to start theovid back in the 50's or 60's and then finish in present day.

I hope he is young Hank. It would be an interesting dynamic to start theovid back in the 50's or 60's and then finish in present day.
I would love for him to be Young Pym, but the timeline doesn't really work unless the flashback sequences happen in the very late-70's/early-80's, which doesn't look to be happening based on Wright's earlier interviews.

I think Patrick Wilson is 40/41 in real life, but I can't see him playing younger than 35. If we assume Pym is 70 when the movie comes out (2015) that would put him at 20 in 1965. So, either the movie's flashback scenes shifts to the 80's instead of the 60's, or we're looking at a different actor for Young Pym... with the emphasis on young.

I would love for him to be Young Pym, but the timeline doesn't really work unless the flashback sequences happen in the very late-70's/early-80's, which doesn't look to be happening based on Wright's earlier interviews.

I think Patrick Wilson is 40/41 in real life, but I can't see him playing younger than 35. If we assume Pym is 70 when the movie comes out (2015) that would put him at 20 in 1965. So, either the movie's flashback scenes shifts to the 80's instead of the 60's, or we're looking at a different actor for Young Pym... with the emphasis on young.

if they could use special effects to make Douglas look younger, why not Patrick Wilson?

If he's a villain... any idea who it might be? Who does Ant-Man typically go up against?

If he's a villain... any idea who it might be? Who does Ant-Man typically go up against?

Crossfire's the only one i could see showing up. he was the villain in the animated series. he's also mostly associated with Hawkeye but was also an enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D (and the former co-worker of Moon Knight when they worked for the CIA).
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...se/images/7/7b/William_Cross_(Earth-8096).png
http://www.comicvine.com/api/image/scale_super/3648783-1454978569-21170.jpg
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HEMB5.jpg

Last edited:

Pym and Lang have fought all kinds of villains. Mad Scientists, Communist spies, supervillains, aliens, robots, beings from other dimensions, sea tyrants, ect.

In terms of which villain Wilson could be my list would is

Erik Josten (also knon as Atlas, Goliath, Power Man & Smuggler) - A pym particle using supervillain who has faced off against both Scott Lang and Hank Pym. He was a Marine turned mercenary who was also often a member of the masters of evil.
download.jpg

Dr Nemesis (Michael Stockton) - An AIM Scientist interested in the subatomic world who stole Hank Pym's old Giant-Man gear. He is generally about stealing scientific secrets and gaining scientific knowledge for himself. Nemesis also used to work for Obadiah Stane.
MICRO42_Dr_Nemesis.jpg

Darren Agonistes Cross - villain from Scott Lang's debut Ant-Man appearance (To Steal An Ant-Man/The Price Of A Heart). Cross is a self made Billionaire and CEO of Cross Technological Enterprises a leading villainous technology company in the Marvel Universe rivalled by Stark Industries and Oscorp.

Darren is diagnosed with a rare heart condition. He used his own technology to create an experimental nucleorganic pacemaker to save his life. Although a success, the nucleorganic pacemaker mutated Darren's body to and gave him superhuman abilities. A side-effect of the mutation was that Darren would quickly overuse and burn out his heart. Multiple heart transplants were performed, but each heart was removed when overused. Desperate, he kidnapped heart surgeon Doctor Erica Sondheim to replace his damaged heart. He also kidnapped 'donors' from slums.
crossdar1.jpg

Crossfire - Cousin of Darren Agonistes Cross and a former CIA agent. Crossfire is a supervillain who is a master marksman and skilled brainwasher. In the Avengers cartoon Crossfire is portrayed as the villain in Scott Lang's origin as Ant-Man. Crossfire kidnaps Lang's daughter.
2117058_sp.jpg

Last edited:
i doubt that they'd use Josten; unless it was as a secondary character. i'm not even expecting to see much of Giant-Man (which would be the only reason to use Josten).

I was thinking Erik Josten could be used more as a henchmen like Firepower and Coldblood were in Iron Man 3.

I was thinking Erik Josten could be used more as a henchmen like Firepower and Coldblood were in Iron Man 3.

But then he might not even have growing powers or be anything like his comic counterpart. Firepower just used the name of Jack Taggert, but wasn't even an armoured villain at all nor anything like the comic version. It was almost more of a nod or homage to the comics.

They should've saved the real Firepower for if they ever wanted to do an Armor Wars storyline in IM.

Edgar said he thinks Iron Man is extremely successful because it keeps it really simple and the villain comes from the hero's technology so its possible the villains in Ant-Man might also be Pym particle users.

We don't know if there is any growth in the movie as well as shrinking but its possible. Dr Nemesis shrinks and grows and could make Josten do the same in the movie they don't have to limit themselves to his powers being exactly like the comics.

I love Armor Wars :up:

I think Roxxon Oil would make good villains in a future Iron Man movie as well given that Tony was working on turning his arc reactor technology into clean cheap energy for everyone in Avengers which would put Roxxon out of business.

But then he might not even have growing powers or be anything like his comic counterpart. Firepower just used the name of Jack Taggert, but wasn't even an armoured villain at all nor anything like the comic version. It was almost more of a nod or homage to the comics.

They should've saved the real Firepower for if they ever wanted to do an Armor Wars storyline in IM.

James Badge Dale's character seemed like a combination of Mallen and Detroit Steel/Lt.Doug Johnson, to me. Taggert wasn't even really a villain; more like a victim.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113509/2418775-sasha.png

Edgar said he thinks Iron Man is extremely successful because it keeps it really simple and the villain comes from the hero's technology so its possible the villains in Ant-Man might also be Pym particle users.

could be. personally, i think he said that to explain why he wasn't using the standard comic book villain. i'm expecting a more human bad guy; no power besides maybe wealth and/or political influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"