Justice League Joss's tone with Snyder's visuals was...

I’m still struggling to understand why Snyder’s visuals are considered special.

His CGI battles have all looked like crap.

There is a painted look to his visuals, almost like they belong to an art gallery. He developed the sonic boom for Superman's flight, employed a unique method to film the fight between Kryptonians that was later taught and used by Patty Jenkins, and as far as I understand it, was the one behind Flash's slow-motion electric effect that's been a real crowd pleaser.

Snyders visuals felt lost.. none of the Leagues actions measured up to the Amazons action sequence..
As for Whedon, it was annoying.. he was in Age of Ultron mode in that no serious moment was allowed to sink in because he couldnt resist the temptation of adding a joke to close a scene

Superman is the most awe inspiring of all the superheroes in terms of pure escapist fantasy and yet none of this breathtaking feats are displayed with any real sense of joy or wonder.

I had more fun seeing Ant-Man in action.

Its crazy how split some opinions are...

Some credit all the good the movie has to Whedon "cleaning" Snyders mess..

others hope for a Directors Cut because Whedon messed up Snyders vision...

Whedon isn't even in Zack's League. I know most hate Zack but he's far superior in every sense of the word framing a shot.

I think a lot were just happy it wasn't all visuals and the stupid plots. In the future there will be better stories.

Whedon isn't even in Zack's League. I know most hate Zack but he's far superior in every sense of the word framing a shot.

Snyder's visuals are next level. He just can't tell a story. Maybe they should mix and let others write and direct and let Snyder shoot it how he wants. Make him the Director and Whedon the Executive Producer to give mandate power on direction and plot. That would be perfect.

That's because some people can't see what Whedon added to the movie.
If they did I'm sure they would give Snyder's film a chance.

Whedon added scene's (atleast to me) stuck out like a sore thumb.
Also those mother****ers at Paramount for not letting Henry shave his mustache! Because of MI:6 millions and millions of Superman fans litterly got the finger and got Plastic Man instead of Superman. No DC fan should ever see another Paramount picture again.

Not to mention the reshoots and the mustache thing killed the CGI budget and upped the pace for the Weta guys who almost always deliver!
I'm pretty sure Paramount and Whedon killed this movie and WB just threw money at 'em.

Last edited:
Paramount not letting Cavill was pretty stupid in my opinion. The better he looks in a huge film like JL the better it looks for Paramount having him in their film.

That's because some people can't see what Whedon added to the movie.
If they did I'm sure they would give Snyder's film a chance.

Whedon added scene's (atleast to me) stuck out like a sore thumb.
Also those mother****ers at Paramount for not letting Henry shave his mustache! Because of MI:6 millions and millions of Superman fans litterly got the finger and got Plastic Man instead of Superman. No DC fan should ever see another Paramount picture again.

Not to mention the reshoots and the mustache thing killed the CGI budget and upped the pace for the Weta guys who almost always deliver!
I'm pretty sure Paramount and Whedon killed this movie and WB just threw money at 'em.

What you said.

Paramount not letting Cavill was pretty stupid in my opinion. The better he looks in a huge film like JL the better it looks for Paramount having him in their film.

I didn't notice the CGI'd out mustache, and I've seen JL twice. The muscle suit he wore in the reshoots were far more noticeable.

I think depending on how Cavill is received in MI6, he gets a better chance of getting a MOS sequel.

Snyder's visuals are next level. He just can't tell a story. Maybe they should mix and let others write and direct and let Snyder shoot it how he wants. Make him the Director and Whedon the Executive Producer to give mandate power on direction and plot. That would be perfect.

Whedon can be exec so long as his cheesy dialogue gets vetoed at every opportunity.

Framing, lighting and choreography.

Warehouse melee: average thugs in unison are unable to negotiate the superior tactical and fighting skills of "The Batman." The entire scene is masterfully lensed.

Opening of JL: Batman jumps around like a dude getting his bearings on an American Ninja Warrior obstacle course. It's shot alright, but looks TV-ish when he's dodging the guy's gunfire.

I personally think Snyder's style and storytelling is embedded in his visuals as much as it is in what the characters are saying or doing.

Snyders visuals felt lost.. none of the Leagues actions measured up to the Amazons action sequence..
. . .

That's because the Amazon sequence was probably the most untouched of Snyder's action sequences.

-We know that the opening Batman scene was Whedon (good in concept, but actually pretty ****y in execution.)
-The History Lesson was also heavily cut down, minimizing and even eliminating characters roles in that scene. It possibly was even re-purposed (RUMOURED to originally have been a prologue.)
-The League's initial confrontation with Steppenwolf was also heavily restructured for Whedon's Flash jokes, changing his role in that action scene.
-The Atlantis scenes were almost entirely gutted as well, leaving only the brief sequence where Steppenwolf steals the Motherbox, and it's cut short for Mera and Arthur's bubble of seclusion.
-[BLACKOUT]Superman vs the League[/BLACKOUT] was also heavily edited, with obvious re-shoots (plastic face,) changing it to a DAY scene, and a TONNE of brilliant little action moments that permeated EVERY trailer were also from this scene but cut from the theatrical cut.
-The finale was COMPLETELY cut to **** and restructured to make an entirely different action sequence.

So, while I'm CERTAIN the big Amazon action scene was also cut down (rumoured we would have originally scene [BLACKOUT]Amazons being converted to Parademons,[/BLACKOUT]) it feels like it was the LEAST tampered with sequence of the entire film. I was actually surprised how long it was, relative to the other action scenes, particularly compared to [BLACKOUT]Steppenwolf's fight with the Atlanteans.[/BLACKOUT]

In other words, I get the impression this was basically the ONLY scene where Snyder's action was allowed to play out relatively close to his original intentions.

Snyder and Whedon is like mixing oil with water.

That's because the Amazon sequence was probably the most untouched of Snyder's action sequences.

-We know that the opening Batman scene was Whedon (good in concept, but actually pretty ****y in execution.)
-The History Lesson was also heavily cut down, minimizing and even eliminating characters roles in that scene. It possibly was even re-purposed (RUMOURED to originally have been a prologue.)
-The League's initial confrontation with Steppenwolf was also heavily restructured for Whedon's Flash jokes, changing his role in that action scene.
-The Atlantis scenes were almost entirely gutted as well, leaving only the brief sequence where Steppenwolf steals the Motherbox, and it's cut short for Mera and Arthur's bubble of seclusion.
-[BLACKOUT]Superman vs the League[/BLACKOUT] was also heavily edited, with obvious re-shoots (plastic face,) changing it to a DAY scene, and a TONNE of brilliant little action moments that permeated EVERY trailer were also from this scene but cut from the theatrical cut.
-The finale was COMPLETELY cut to **** and restructured to make an entirely different action sequence.

So, while I'm CERTAIN the big Amazon action scene was also cut down (rumoured we would have originally scene [BLACKOUT]Amazons being converted to Parademons,[/BLACKOUT]) it feels like it was the LEAST tampered with sequence of the entire film. I was actually surprised how long it was, relative to the other action scenes, particularly compared to [BLACKOUT]Steppenwolf's fight with the Atlanteans.[/BLACKOUT]

In other words, I get the impression this was basically the ONLY scene where Snyder's action was allowed to play out relatively close to his original intentions.

And for me the Themyscira sequnce was honestly the worst of the film (along with the opening credits). Not that all of Whedon's were great. The first Batman sequence, Lois & Martha's chat and Lois' altered conversation with Clark at the farm all fell flat for me (but at least weren't actively irritating like the two Snyder scenes I mentioned).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"