Our "WHAT IF": X3's final battle

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score

This is a creative thread. Everyone would have liked to see a better battle in X3, with more teamwork, a more epic feel, some little fight between certain characters, Cyclops, Rogue and Angel fighting too, more powers display from some mutants, etc. So I create this thread to post our "what if", you know, our own versions of the battle, using the characters we want, this mean we can add other characters that didn't appear in the battle, but yes in the rest of film, or characters that didn't have a good part at all. We can extend some parts of the battle, post new little moments, a written scene, a manip, some scene from the comics, a summary of our battle, the whole battle, hahaha, whatever we want.

At first I thought creating a thread more or less like this, but about the three films, discussing the powers display, how would have been, what they could have done with the mutans they had, but finally I decided X3 final battle was a more specific thread, and maybe the best idea, so here it is.

We have the the x-men (all of them) and we have the whole brotherhood, so let's use them! :yay:

Haha. I don't have the energy to discuss this... maybe a year ago. That's a nice picture though.

It's not a discussion thread, hehe, I edited my post. At first I wrote "a creative/debate" thread, but then realized that all have debated X3, so the thread is a fanfiction one, he. :yay:

Here's a quite a few last battle scenarios that I wrote in the past.

:: Juggernaut chasing Kitty through the lab tearing through the walls::

Juggernaut- ::Crashing through the final wall cornering Leech and Kitty:: I'm the wrong guy to play hide and seek with.

Kitty- Who's hiding? ********!

Juggernaut- ::prepares to charge when suddenly a female voice from behind is heard::

Rogue- Hiya there! What's all this fuss about?

Kitty- Rogue, what are you doing?!

Rogue- Kitty, I need you and the little one to go as far away from here as possible. I'll handle the big lug here.

Juggernaut- ::Growls and punches Rogue in the face sending her face back violently, when all of a sudden he starts to shudder and get weak::

Rogue- ::Smiles through his fist:: Is that the best you got sweetheart? ::Rogue pulls her first back and punches Juggernaut sending him through a wall::

::Rogue follows Juggernaut through the wall::

Rogue- You know I don't approve of big men hitting on girls like myself. But then again, you're not a man anymore since you're getting your ass kicked by the same girl sugah! ::Rogue picks up Juggernaut and throws him through another wall::
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
::Cue the scene to Jean destroying everything in sight::

Scott- ::Looks to Logan and Storm:: I'm the only one who can stop her.

Logan- Scott, you can't go against her.

Scott- Logan, this isn't your call to make. Go with Storm and get everyone to safety now!

::Scott watching Jean destroy everything around him::

Scott- Jean.....I know you're still there.

::Suddenly a grimace of pain is seen on his face falling to one knee and he slowly starts demolecularizing just as Xavier did. Suddenly he stands up straight and begins his walk through the flames to get to Jean::

Jean as Phoenix- You would die for them?!

Scott- ::He stands before Jean stern and his skin along with his X-uniform intact:: For them and for you Jean.......

Jean- ::Starts to become herself again::

Scott- For you and for them......

Jean- ::Starts crying:: Save me Scott......Please.

Scott-::Balds his fists as tears start streaming down his face. His hands go to his visor and he takes it off with his eyes closed:: I love you Jean.......... Forgive me please.....

Jean- ::phoenix beginning to take over once more:: I love you too Scott.

Scott- :::Crying still:: Please forgive me......::His eyes open which releases a powerful optic blast killing Jean in the process::

Jean- ::Falls down into his arms::

Scott- No.....No........No..

::Scott lifts up his head opening his eyes screaming in rage, sadness, and guilt as a powerful optic blast shoots into the night sky::

::The speech with the X-Men before the final battle. Only this time it has Cyclops giving the speech::

Beast- Hard to believe this once fit me.

Cyclops- Magneto has an army that is making their way to Alcatraz.

Beast- Can you estimate how many he has Scott?

Cyclops- Thousands including Jean.

Beast- His power has limits, hers do not.

Iceman- Scott, there's only 7 of us.

Scott- Yes, we're outnumbered. I'm not going to lie to you. When we lost the Professor there was a lot of confusion, strife, sadness, and hopelessness. But if we don't make our stand now then everything he stood for will die with him. I made a promise to Professor and I intend to keep that promise. I'm not going to let his dream die nor will I let our dream die. Are you?

Iceman- ::Shakes his head:: No. I won't.

Cyclops- Then we stand together now and forever as X-Men.

Rogue- Count me in.

Angel- Me as well.

Beast- ::Looks over to Rogue and Angel giving a smile of approval:: What made you change your mind child?

Rogue- Remembering what you told me and listening to Scott helped me make the most important stand of my life and I am making it now.

Scott- ::Nods and looks to the other X-Men:: Let's go.

::Wolverine looks at Scott while Scott is about to head into the chamber. He grabs Scott by the arm and looks him in the eye::

Logan- Scott, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. But it's at times like these that I remember why you're in charge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

cyclopslandingoo5.jpg

Vilya provided this amazing artwork of Cyclops at the final battle.

::This is after the X-Men make their entrances at Alcatraz and Scott, being the leader, is the last one to come out of the plane. The camera would go into a close up of his visor and then pan behind him as he views the Brotherhood from the plane::

::He then would jump from the plane shooting his optic beams into the ground and landing on one knee::

Cyclops-::Slowly walking towards the X-Men as the fog settles in and the rain begins to fall, he looks over to the soldiers:: You men cover the doors. Everyone get together and hold this line!

::He stands with his allies as they make their last stand and the visual of them lined up would be the same, except Cyclops would be front and center::

::Scott begins fighting the guy with the regenerating arms. He leans back firing an optic blast, then fires another one only to see the mutant has both arms again::

Scott- ::Shocked and appauled::

Mutant- Come on!!

Scott-::Shakes his head and fires an optic blast into his crotch area. Grow those back moron. (A slight nod to his "Missing a face, moron?!")

Nice to read Cylclops in Logan place. I think it fit well. Thanks for post them, lastsunsrise.

Somehow, those pics make me realize they exagerate a little (too much) on the blue filter for the final battle. :confused:

Hahaah, at first I didn't know what was you talking about, but no, is just my selection, I realized it too, just look at the Jean one, has other tone. My selection was all blue, without want it.

And flavio, you only had that to say? hahaha

No words about the scenes? or about the thread? hehe. I expected more from you :oldrazz:

Just arrived from beach. Sleepy. And this subject doesn't really make me excited to blab about. :(

oh, it's a shame.

you don't use to write? you can post manips here too, so... you can do things here, hehe.

But anyway, good night there. See you.

Well since this is a complete "what if" where we can even add in characters that weren't there, nor even in the movie...

I always pictured the Jean & Cyclops interaction never killing him. Possibly something like has been mentioned an uncountable amount of times, where there was a blast of energy (either from Scott or from Jean) that knocked them both away. Scott remained alive, but Jean thought she killed him.

He'd be found, and brought back to the mansion, possibly even thought to be dying. What Jean did to Scott would drive her mad, as it did in the film. Only, after Jean leaves, Scott would eventually come to.

Wolverine would run off to Magneto's hide out, like he did in the movie. He'd come back, tell the X-Men of Magneto's plans, and Cyclops would try to go with them. But the X-Men would force Cyclops to stay behind, because they didn't think he'd be in any type of shape, physically or emotionally, to go into battle.

Cyclops would come across Angel in the mansion... Angel wanting to get to Alcatraz to try to protect his father. Cyclops would give Angel a uniform, and the 2 of them would go to Alcatraz, and arrive towards the end of the battle. With Rogue (see below)

My other idea was to have Rogue meet up with Gambit when she went to go get the cure. He would be a member of the Brotherhood, there to do another attack on another cure facility. Upon meeting, he would charm her, and make her feel more comfortable with herself who she is... he would be someone who was interested in her for -who- she was, no matter what mutations she had. On the same token, she would kind of show him the light, and he would eventually decide against blowing up the cure facility.

Rogue would go back to the mansion, accepting her mutation. When Cyclops and Angel decide to go to Alcatraz, she would go with them.

On Alcatraz, Gambit would be fighting alongside with the Brotherhood, fighting against the military, as well as the X-Men. After Cyclops, Angel, and Rogue arrive, and the battle continues, Rogue would show that she's not really ready to be in a combat situation, and get herself put into danger. Gambit would see it, amongst the fighting, and would rush to save her. Iceman would see the encounter, and it'd be to the same effect of watching Kitty and Iceman in the Danger Room. Upon realizing that Rogue was part of the X-Men, and realizing what he was fighting against, Gambit would have a change of heart, and decide to fight alongside the X-Men, against Magneto and the Brotherhood.

Seeing as he was originally part of the Brotherhood, Gambit could even be used to betray Magneto, and distract him that way for him to be cured.

After the battle, Gambit would go back to the mansion, and join the X-Men, if nothing else than to just be closer to Rogue. The rest of the X-Men would be weary of him, because he was once with the Brotherhood, but Rogue would obviously trust him.

Not only do these actions give us a better movie, because they give us more things we want, but I believe it'd also better lend itself to future sequels.

The core X-Men would remain in tact - Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm. Only Xavier and Phoenix would be dead. There would be some new plot arcs to work around with, through the introduction of Gambit, his story arc with Rogue, and by consequence Iceman, as well as the fact that the rest of the X-Men would be weary of him.

Aside from just the final battle, Beast would stay at the mansion, and not go to the U.N. And Angel could have a conversation with his father, after saving him, saying to the extent "I have found a new home, now", and also stay with the X-Men.

The new X-Men team could then be Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and Gambit. That's definatley a team of X-Men that I would LOVE to see in the movies... and future movies could revolve around saving Xavier from the Astral Plane, and building from there.

Unfortunatley, without the core characters of Cyclops, Jean, Rogue being cured, and Xavier being dead, Angel being in San Francisco and Beast in the UN, away from their ties to the X-Men, it makes it pretty hard to continue the movies and still be taken any kind of seriously.

Like your ideas, Nell. The Gambit introduction is interesting, but I think it would need a good way to use the character, in a large scene, and maybe a few more, he could be with Magnus since the convoy scene, and then have that scene with Rogue, developing the character there, and in the next brotherhood scenes.

And about the actual team, in the final of X3, I think the team is the same, Beast being the embassador of the United States doesn't put him out of the x-men, and Angel went to the school, so will be there in X4. The only "problem" is Scott. Will see what happen with him when the production starts.

Like your ideas, Nell. The Gambit introduction is interesting, but I think it would need a good way to use the character, in a large scene, and maybe a few more, he could be with Magnus since the convoy scene, and then have that scene with Rogue, developing the character there, and in the next brotherhood scenes.

And about the actual team, in the final of X3, I think the team is the same, Beast being the embassador of the United States doesn't put him out of the x-men, and Angel went to the school, so will be there in X4. The only "problem" is Scott. Will see what happen with him when the production starts.

Beast is with the United Nations now. Those responsibilities will keep him too occupied to be part of the X-Men.

Angel went to the mansion, yes, but the last shot of him is flying around San Francisco... he obviously stayed behind and did not go back to the mansion with the X-Men. He isn't part of the team.

As far as Gambit goes, obviously there'd be more introduction. I think he could be on the convoy with Multiple Man and Juggernaut. He'd have some character scenes with Magneto and the Brotherhood. He'd attempt to blow up a cure clinic, but have a change of heart once he found Rogue. And the rest of his arc would be the conflicting emotions between himself, but going along with it, until he sees Rogue in danger, then helps her out. There'd be more to his arc than just being introduced at a cure clinic, and then show up in the battle to help her out.

Beast is with the United Nations now. Those responsibilities will keep him too occupied to be part of the X-Men.

Angel went to the mansion, yes, but the last shot of him is flying around San Francisco... he obviously stayed behind and did not go back to the mansion with the X-Men. He isn't part of the team.

It's not THAT obvious. If the director/producers want Angel back they'll do it without problem. Same with Beast. I've read fan fics were he's still in the government and even so he's still with the x-men. They made much sense, if you ask me.

Real easy. Juggernaut should have gone toe to toe with Colossus. End of Story. I know him chasing Kitty yielded the most overrated line in the history of cinema and all... But we needed a throwdown.

Oh, and Wolverine fighting the Juggernaut=A waste of time.

A few scenes I wrote a while ago:

EXT. ALCATRAZ - BRIDGE - NIGHT

Magneto turns to the lone figure behind him, the Juggernaut -- who eyes the battleground with fierce interest.

MAGNETO
Cain, it's time you did your part. You have the coordinates from Callisto. Find the boy... and kill him.

JUGGERNAUT
With pleasure.

In two mighty strides, the Juggernaut has reached the bottom of the bridge... where he finds his pathway embedded by a mass of blue fur: Beast.

JUGGERNAUT
(Grinning maliciously)
The X-Men's taken to recruiting apes, have they?

He throws Beast away like a ragdoll -- not pausing to see his limp body slam into the ground fifty feet away.

EXT. ALCATRAZ - LAB ENTRANCE - NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

A new opponent awaits the behemoth: the steely mutant Colossus. He CLENCHES his fist as the Juggernaut approaches.

COLOSSUS
It ends NOW!

JUGGERNAUT
It ends when I say it ends!

These two mighty warriors rush head-on... heavyweight v heavyweight... the outcome undetermined, when...

-- The Juggernaut thrusts into Colossus with an earth-shattering BODY SLAM, blasting the X-Man backwards into a wall. It crumbles on impact, Colossus loosing himself in a shower of glass and brick!

*Juggernaut then proceeds to enter the lab, and is thwarted by Kitty/Leech*

I agree with LastSunrise in that Cyke should have come back and led to team into battle. And he should've been the one to kill Jean, as cool as Logan's regeneration scene was.

Cyclops definitely should have been in Alcatraz alright and Colossus should have gone up against Juggernaut.

My ending:

EXT. CONSTITUTION AVENUE - MAGNETO’S ARMY - CONTINUOUS
Magneto scowls down at the X-Men.

MAGNETO
Finish them!

Phoenix RAISES her arms -- mutants are sent flying DOWNWARDS --

EXT. CONSTITUTION AVENUE - MILITARY STRONGHOLD - CONTINUOUS

The X-Men get ready –-

CYCLOPS
Now!

Mutants PLUMMET to the surface, RACING towards the X-Men. SNIKT! Logan’s CLAWS RETRACT as he SLICES mutants. Bobby sends CRYSTALLINE ICE towards mutants, freezing them in their tracks. Colossus -- METALED UP -- whacks mutants left and right, slamming them into one another -- TAKING THEM DOWN.

Angel FLIES into the air -- GRABBING MUTANTS -- and SWINGING them into groups of OTHERS -- Cyclops BLASTS mutants away with his OPTIC BLASTS. Kitty is phasing out as MUTANTS attack her -- she solidifies, PUNCHING one in the face. She turns, and it’s the same mutant -- he punches her in return -- she doesn’t have time to phase out. The mutant REAPPEARS, thrice, around her, sending her punches abound.

All three versions of MULTIPLE MAN rush at Kitty, who phases and they SLAM into one another, thusly forming back into one person. Kitty PUNCHES him in the face, knocking him out.

Storm ELECTROCUTING MUTANTS. Cyclops SEARING them with his optic blasts, but to no avail, there are too many. Rogue LEVITATES, approaching Phoenix, she SHOOTS out tendril beams at her, but Rogue AVOIDS them.

Storm eyes GLISTEN. The winds increase. She levitates into the air -- the clouds darken -- RAIN pours down hard -- as a MOONSONG forms, creating WAVES of down pouring RAIN. Mutants get SPLASHED -- LIGHTNING STRIKES -- the bolts hit the water, electrocuting MUTANTS.

Magneto turns to Juggernaut.

MAGNETO
Cain. Head back to Worthington
Labs. Find the boy and kill him.

He nods, hungry for action. Juggernaut LEAPS from crater to crater on the barrier downwards to the surface.

Angel is HOVERING in the air and NOTICES Juggernaut heading towards Worthington Labs. Storm eyes him.

WARREN
He’s going for my dad!

Cyclops is busy finishing off other mutants with his optic
blasts.

CYCLOPS
Kitty, go with him –-

Kitty PULLS Warren down, both phasing underneath the surface.

Pyro clenches his fists as he sees BOBBY freezing other mutants. Magneto holds him back with his hand. SLAM! Both are hurdled by an explosion. A tank sends a TORPEDO towards the mountain barrier -- it hits, and another EXPLOSION rips through -- Magneto raises his arms -- the TANK lifts up --

Cyclops sees this -- he aims at Magneto and FIRES his optic blasts. Pyro INTERCEPTS and FLAMES them, sending them back towards him. Bobby sees this and sends CRYSTALLINE ICE towards Pyro, freezing his FIERY BLASTS.

Pyro looks pissed. Magneto continues to raise the tank and SENDS IT FLYING -- SLAMMING against OTHER TANKS. Military officers set up torpedo rigs. They aim it at Magneto.

ONE FIRES --

And Magneto dissipates it without a sweat. More missile torpedoes are sent his way but Magneto just TURNS THEM inside out.

MAGNETO
Enough of this.

He looks at Jean, levitated beside him.

MAGNETO (CONT’D)
Jean.

She glares at the other mutants -- she begins to levitate them down to the surface. Magneto turns to Pyro.

MAGNETO
Are you a god...
(beat)
...or an insect?

CONTINUED:

Pyro looks at Bobby –- grimacing. Smiling, Magneto himself HOVERS off the rock -- levitating above the battle...

EXT. CONSTITUITION AVENUE - MAGNETO’S ARMY - CONTINUOUS
The X-Men deal with more mutants -- Colossus runs into a platoon of others -- and Cyclops spots Magneto hovering over them.

Hovering above the military stronghold, Magneto DEFLECTS gunshots and MISSILES -- sending them towards HUMMERS -- imploding them -- causing a fiery combustion below.

He DISSOLVES the gates before the WHITE HOUSE. Bobby RACES towards Magneto, sending CRYSTALLINE ICE his way but Pyro deflects it, FLAMING it.

EXT. CONSTITUITION AVENUE - MILITARY STRONGHOLD - CONTINUOUS
Mutants breach the X-Men -- flying over tanks, hummers -- Cyclops and the others try to quell them -- Omega Red SLAMS before LOGAN, who CHARGES him with his CLAWS, gutting him.

Scarlet Witch approaches Storm. She sends a LIGHTING BOLT at
her, knocking her out. Callisto QUICKLY, without warning, SLAMS a fist into Storm MULTIPLE times -- trying to KNOCK HER OUT -- but Storm learns,
and GRABS her hand -- sending LIGHTNING BOLTS through her body.

EXT. WHITE HOUSE - LAWN - CONTINUOUS
Magneto lands on the lawn before the White House. He approaches.

INT. WHITE HOUSE - OVAL OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

President McKenna is giving his speech.

PRESIDENT MCKENNA
Americans, in this time of crisis
I warn every single one of you to
stay strong -- but I must preach
this last word of tolerance, to
both humans and mutants --

The explosions get LOUDER.

PRESIDENT MCKENNA (CONT’D)
I must warn that in this time of
chaos you have been misled. That
this “cure” -- said to be an
unifier of peace and acceptance --
is no more than a --

SLAM! The BACK WALL of the Oval Office is BLASTED OPEN --McKenna is slammed to his desk, sent FORWARDS -- debris and carnage is everywhere.

Magneto floats in, landing before a shaken and terrified president.

MAGNETO
Ah, “Mr. President”. We meet at
last.

EXT. WORTHINGTON LABS - ENTRANCE - CONTINUOUS
Juggernaut is racing towards the building -- he JUMPS up, breaking glass and ENTERING.

INT. WORTHINGTON LABS - DOCTOR RAO’S FACILITY - CONTINUOUS
Worthington Jr. is resting on a chair. Doctor Rao and Beast are overlooking results.

RAO
It’s conclusive. The serum is
viable.

Beast looks relieved.

RAO (CONT’D)
But we’ll need further samples of
Jimmy’s blood to make sure.

BEAST
Where is he located?

WORTHINGTON JR.
Two floors up.

He’s EXHAUSTED -- and furthermore, surrendered.

WORTHINGTON JR. (CONT'D)
But you won’t be able to make it
past them.

Beast glares at the door -- SOLDIERS await outside.

BEAST
Leave that to me.

EXT. WORTHINGTON LABS - CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Soldiers wait outside, guns ready. Then, SLAM -- the door breaks off and BEAST TOPPLES them -- breaking them bits to pieces.

Logan SPOTS the aperture in the White House. He looks around -- sees Rogue -- and then COLOSSUS.

LOGAN
Pete!

Colossus turns -- seeing him -- he RUSHES to him.

LOGAN (CON’TD)
Time for another fastball.

EXT. WHITE HOUSE - OVAL OFFICE - CONTINUOUS
Magneto strides towards President McKenna.

MAGNETO
I’m sorry, but your tenure is up.

Colossus LIFTS Logan and THROWS him to --

INT. WHITE HOUSE - OVAL OFFICE - CONTINUOUS
Magneto RAISES a METAL spike and AIMS it directly at McKenna --

SNIKT! Magneto looks up, and Logan CHARGES into the air, claws bared -- Magneto HOLDS out his hand, STOPPING Logan -- HE slams to the ground, hard.

MAGNETO
Fool. Did you really expect to
surprise me with that old trick?

Magneto MOVES his hand –- Logan HOWLERS -- his chest rising, METAL fluctuating in his body. He RAISES it --Logan TURNS -- flopping around -- then STIFFENS, positioned straight up, facing Magneto.

LOGAN
And you still fall for it?

Magneto RAISES an eyebrow -- Rogue is LEVITATED behind him --gloves off -- she SLAMS into him, TOPPLING him to the ground -- HANDS CLINGING to his face. Magneto MOANS with pain, his power DRAINING.

ROGUE
How’s that for a new trick?

CONTINUED:

EXT. WORTHINGTON LABS - CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS
Doctor Rao is leading Beast and Worthington Sr. towards the facility holding Leech. They stop when a CRUNCHING noise is audible.

SMASH! Before them, JUGGERNAUT stands.

JUGGERNAUT
(mocking)
Can any one of you tell me where
the boy with the cure lives?

With that, the rest are off RUNNING. He DARTS after them.

Bobby and Pyro are DUELING -- both sending equally devastating powers of CRYSTALLINE ICE and FIRE towards each other -- both try to get leverage.

BOBBY
You can’t do this!

PYRO
I do what I can, *******.

He PUSHES forth -- trying to EXUDE more ENERGY -- Pyro manages it easily -- he approaches -- gaining the upper hand, he increases his POWER.

BOBBY
How could you do this?

PYRO
You gotta stop thinking we were
friends, Bobby. We were never
friends.

BOBBY
You were always too much in love
with your own mouth.

Nearly covering Bobby with FEIRY FLAMES –- Bobby closes his eyes –- then OPENS THEM, looking dead ahead.

BOBBY (CON’TD)
Even molecules get tired, John.
The default state of the universe
isn’t fire...it’s ice.

-- and he begins to ICE-UP -- his entire body becoming CRYSTALLINE ice. Bobby takes his arms and KNOCKS Pyro out -- cold.

BOBBY (CONT’D)
Maybe you should’ve paid more
attention in school.

INT. WORTHINGTON LABS - CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Beast, Worthington Jr., and Doctor Rao are running. Juggernaut ADVANCES on them -- just as they approach the door to enter --Juggernaut takes a SWIP and...

...floats into the ground.

BEAST
I have certainly seen my share of
oddities today.

Kitty phases back up. Warren at her side.

KITTY
(to Beast)
Ran as fast as I could.

BEAST
And in record timing.

WORTHINGTON JR.
Warren?

Worthington approaches his son, looking him over –- outfitted in a black leather X-Men uniform.

WARREN
Are you all right?

Worthington takes in the sight of his son, hugging him.

WORTHINGTON JR.
(whispering)
I am now.

But Warren hears it. Smiling. Juggernaut shouts expletives.

JUGGERNAUT
Don’t you know who I am? I’m the –-

Kitty slams her leg into his face.

KITTY
Do I look like I give a damn?

INT. WORTHINGTON LABS - LEECH FACILITY - CONTINUOUS
They enter. Leech is in another holding cell.

RAO
Jimmy.

He looks up at Doctor Rao -- JIMMY (LEECH), a young boy, around 9 or 10, with blonde, gorgeous hair. He seems scared.

JIMMY
Doctor Rao. Is something wrong?

BEAST
Very astute for a little boy.

JIMMY
I’m not little.

RAO
Jimmy, we’re going to need another
sample of your blood.

JIMMY
Another one?

RAO
Yes. Just one last one. I promise.

Jimmy stares at Rao -- and then at Beast and Kitty.

EXT. CONSTITUITION AVENUE - MOUNTAIN BARRIER - CONTINUOUS
Cyclops rushes to the tip of the barrier. Jean is levitating above. She descends, landing before Cyclops. She approaches him. He touches her hair.

CYCLOPS
I thought I lost you...

She looks at him, gazing him over. Blissful.

JEAN
Scott...I’m sorry...

CYCLOPS
Don’t apologize. It’s going to be
okay.

He looks into her eyes. He’s lying. Soldiers rush up to them. Jean appears confused. Cyclops tries not to cry.

CYCLOPS (CONT’D)
Jean, whatever it takes, I’m going
to fix this. We’re going to make
things better. I’m never going to
give up on you.

They begin to embra -- BANG! Cyclops falls to his knees. In his back, a NEEDLE is engraved slightly. Jean looks up and --

LANG STANDS BEFORE HER, JUST FEET AWAY. He appears to losing
life. His cure-fueled pistol is aimed directly at her --

Logan and Storm notice the situation.

LOGAN
No!

EXT. CONSTITUITION AVENUE - MOUNTAIN BARRIER - CONTINUOUS
Jean’s eyes darken. She becomes visibly enraged. PHOENIX ENERGY exudes from her body -- she raises her arms and --

A TENDRIL shoots out, engulfing Lang in a FIERY MASS of ENERGY -- consuming him, before he’s no more. Jean looks down at Cyclops -- he’s huddled, with pain, he looks up -- he takes his visor off -- and the optic blasts are no more.

He looks up at Jean. Tears stream down her cheeks. Logan and Storm arrive, tepid on how to act.

LOGAN
Jean...

SUDDENLY, the stronghold is filled with SOLDIERS -- the same kind at Worthington Labs. Hundreds of them fill the area, guns raised.

SOLDIER
Don’t move!

The soldiers FIRE ammunition at Jean -- the bullets STOP in midair -- they disincarnate -- Jean RISES, arms raised -- soldiers begin to disincarnate.

The MOUNTAIN BARRIER disincarnates behind her -- RUBBLE and ROCK fall from the sky.

Jean’s eyes DARKEN -- fiery ENERGY BURSTS in her eyelids -- she grows angry. She becomes Phoenix.

LOGAN
Jean!

PHOENIX
I am NOT JEAN!

She UNLEASHES an ENERGY TENDRIL, whacking LOGAN and THROWING him aside! Storm, noticing, LEVITATES higher, arms spread, eyes glistening, as if CALLING for more weather -- the clouds grow darker, and the wind PICKS UP. LIGHTING BOLTS strike Phoenix -- but they just BOUNCE OFF, an invisible, ENERGETIC force-field radiating from her body!

Cyclops rises.

Colossus, steeled up, RUSHES towards Phoenix, but reacting quickly, she IGNITES another TENDRIL that STRIKES him, SENDING him yards away! Bobby uses his CRYSTALLINE ICE to nullify Phoenix’s POWERS -- but to no avail, as Phoenix DISINCARNATES it, creating a WAVE of TENDRIL ENERGY around Bobby, eliminating his abilities. Cyclops rushes towards her -- and she RAISES her arms -- RED ENERGY scorching from her -- like a PHOENIX -- and a TENDRIL SHOOTS out at STORM.

Storm RECOILS -- pained -- she SCREAMS and STRIKES BOLTS at Phoenix, a VENGEFUL, SURVIVING instinct permeating in her eyes...

One -- two -- three -- countless bolts HIT Phoenix, but they don’t appear to AFFECT her -- PHOENIX RAISES her arms -- consumed by the energy...

CONTINUED:

Cyclops is SHUNNED by the force to intervene –- The TENDRIL ENERGY becomes too CONSUMING -- Storm lets out a PRIMAL scream and FAINTS -- falling to the ground.

Phoenix levitates before the stronghold -- TANKS and HUMMERS disincarnate -- so do HELPLESS MILITARY OFFICERS -- fleeing mutants -- Phoenix hovers -- the ground beneath her CRACK and dissolve like SAND -- Storm kneels down to Cyclops. He takes the NEEDLE out of his back. The orange fluid is completely utilized.

STORM
Scott –-

He looks up, at Phoenix -- she’s levitating away –-

CYCLOPS
Jean!

He rises, RUSHING after her!

STORM
Scott!

EXT. CONSTITUTION AVENUE – CONTINUOUS
Phoenix, all fury and rage, continues to levitate AWAY -- Cyclops RUSHES, running -- SKIPPING the crevices, AVOIDING fallen TANKS and MILITARY VEHICLES -- fleeing mutants screaming in pandemonium.

Heading for the Capitol, Phoenix LEVITATES over the stream of water before it -- it BOILS, turning to FLAME. Objects FALL at him from all sides; Cyclops doesn’t lose sight of Phoenix --

The water of the Capitol EVAPORATES -- boiling to ENORMOUS TEMPERATURES –- as the Phoenix hovers OVER IT –- Cyclops avoids a TANK, split in two, sent his way.

Particles of DESTROYED BUILDINGS flood past him -- Cyclops RAISES his arms to his face -- avoiding the DUST and CARNAGE –-

EXT. THE DARK PHOENIX - THE CAPITOL - CONTINUOUS
Phoenix lands on the steps of the Capitol. She turns, overlooking Washington, D.C., in chaos -- turning to ASH in her wake.

A PHOENIX-LIKE energy EXUDES from Phoenix, radiating from her and LIGHTING up the vicinity around her. Cyclops stops, breathing heavy. He looks at Phoenix -- phoenix-like energy BLINDING his view of her -- Phoenix rises above the capitol dome, lost in herself, lost with Jean. Wind and smoke SPIRALS around her, flaring lavalike tendrils of her power.

Below, demolished CARS lurch up into the air; signs DETACHED and rise; CRACKS slither up walls as if the entire block is crumbling.

INT. CAPITOL BUILDING – DOME – CONTINUOUS
Evacuees halt, panicked and sweaty, staring up as the DOME CRACKS and begins UNRAVELING...

EXT. CAPITOL BUILDING – CONTINUOUS
The debris of the Capitol Dome whirlpools around Phoenix as she rises. With the dome gone, the rest of the BUILDING breaks outwards, huge CHUNKS of debris swinging out. SOLDIERS stumble past, attempting to flee, clutching their heads.

PHOENIX sees them. Her IRISES widen and THROUGH THEM, we follow the natural energy she wields...SPIRALING down through the air...into the PAVEMENT where it RUNS, SHATTERING THE STREET...her powers pushing under the SOLDIERS and...

The SOLDIERS EXPLODE into the AIR, the GROUND GEYSERING. All around the ground detaches, CHUNKS rising into the air.

Storm rolls off a levitating chunk, slamming down next to Colossus, who barely catches her as she goes over the edge.

Logan digs into a chunk with his claws.

EXT. WASHINGTON, D.C. SKYLINE – CONTINUOUS
A FIREBIRD vaguely hints the dark night, an ENTIRE CITY broken and rising into the air, a huge CRATER left behind.

EXT. DESTROYED CITY – AIR – MOVING – CONTINUOUS
Cyclops is on a chunk, which rises above Jean, who centers this maelstrom. He sees her and lets go of his chunk, slamming down into a nearby one. He continues this, struggling, bone’s cracking, falling down chunk by chunk...

PHOENIX inhales, feeling it all. Feeling the entirety of what she’s doing just as...

Cyclops races up the steps.

Phoenix raises the OTHER ARM -- strikes forth CONTINUAL ENERGY TENDRILS –-

Logan is SLICING up soldiers. Storm is BOLTING them with her LIGHTING STRIKES. Bobby is FREEZING them. Colossus is ATTACKING them full force...and then, a TENDRIL hit’s the ground, creating a TIDAL WAVE of rubble, including HUMMERS and TANKS, coming their way.

LOGAN
Move!

Storm GRABS Logan, who LEVITATES them to the --

They land roughly. The RUBBLE TIDAL WAVE is about to strike
them when --

IT STOPS.

Rogue is using Magneto, by touching him, to hold the tidal wave in place, using all of her might to send it BACK towards the ground --

The rubble shatters to the ground, dispensing everywhere. Magneto collapses, spent. So does Rogue.

EXT. THE CAPITOL - STEPS - CONTINUOUS
Cyclops is racing upwards -- when a SHOCK WAVE hits him -- his LEATHER SUIT begins to disincarnate --

CYCLOPS
Jean!

Phoenix descends to the steps, looking down -- Cyclops is approaching her –-
She’s sending out more SHOCK WAVES. Cyclops charges forth, his suit disincarnates more. It breaches his skin -- he screams in pain –-

Phoenix begins to FLUCTUATE again -- she tears, crying -- she CONVULSES -- trying to MAINTAIN her presence.

JEAN
I will not let you control me!

Cyclops is almost there -- his leather vest is nearly DISINCARNATED -- blood DRIPS from his arms and CHEST -- Jean is SHIFTING -- one moment crying -- the other in RAGE, she watches as Cyclops approaches her, crawling the last steps to her –-

As he does, he LOOKS at her -- crying.

CYCLOPS
Jean...please...

She looks at him.

JEAN
Scott...save me...

Cyclops realizes what Jean is saying. He cannot bare it.

CYCLOPS
No...

JEAN
I’m losing -- control –-

CYCLOPS
You’re still there -- I know it –-

JEAN
No -- I’m so sorry –-

She’s crying. Cyclops KISSES her -- hands around her, trying to embrace her. ANGLE ON: RED ENERGY passes through Jean’s mouth, into Cyclops’ --
ANGLE ON: His eyes. RED ENERGY begins to show itself -- Cyclops CLOSES his eyes, realizing what’s happening.

JEAN (V.O.)
I will always love you.

Cyclops, huddled, eyes closed, speaks with his mind –-

CYCLOPS (V.O.)
I won’t hurt you.

JEAN (V.O.)
It’s the only way, my love.

CLOSE-IN ON: Cyclops, eyes closed, a pained expression of
sadness and anger.

CYCLOPS
I’m sorry –-

He OPENS his eyes -- his OPTIC BLASTS shoot out -- engulfing Jean -- the FIREBIRD SPIRALS in a fiery MASS of tendril ENERGY -- permeating from her -- ENGULFING her –- RADIATING THE ENTIRE CITY –-

EXT. WHITE HOUSE - LAWN – CONTINUOUS
Logan and Storm SHIELD their eyes from the RADIATING LIGHT.

EXT. WHITE HOUSE – OVAL OFFICE – CONTINUOUS
McKenna and his advisers SQUINT their eyes, the light DROWNING
them in its visage –-

EXT. CONSTITUTION AVENUE – CONTINUOUS

Soldiers and mutants are OVERWHELMED by it –-

EXT. WHITE HOUSE – LAWN – CONTINUOUS
The LIGHT awakens Magneto, who looks –- realizing –-

EXT. WASHINGTON, D.C. – CONTINUOUS
The entire city MASSIVELY GLEAMS.

EXT. THE CAPITOL - STEPS – CONTINUOUS
Jean Grey is a CENTER OF CRIMSON AND YELLOW LUMINOSITY as it shines vibrantly and then, quite abruptly –-

Stops.

EXT. WHITE HOUSE – LAWN – CONTINUOUS
The LIGHT FADES. Logan looks onward to the Capitol –- in that instant, he “knows”.

LOGAN
Jean...no...

He RUNS to the scene, Storm in toe.

EXT. WHITE HOUSE - OVAL OFFICE - CONTINUOUS
McKenna arises, walking over rubble and scattered debris. So do many of his advisers. He looks over at Magneto, who rises himself –- but is surrounded by a platoon of HUMAN SOLDIERS. He moves his hands –- summoning his powers –- but nothing happens.

McKenna walks before him.

PRESIDENT MCKENNA
Gentleman, arrest him.

Soldiers approach Magneto, cautiously, and assist CUFFS to his hands. Magneto, seemingly defeated, looks at Rogue, who gives him the ultimate look of reckoning.

EXT. THE CAPITOL - STEPS - CONTINUOUS
Logan, Storm and OTHERS reach the Capitol’s steps. Both run towards the top stop to find –-

Cyclops, eyes still closed, waiting. A moment. He realizes what has just happened. Tears flood down his cheeks.

CYCLOPS
Jean...

He collapses, draught in tears and sorrow. Logan and Storm approach Cyclops, apprehensive. Sorrowful. He takes out Cyclops’ VISOR. He STEPS back -- unsure of whom it is...

LOGAN
Hey, it’s me.

Storm helps him up. He takes the visor. Touches it with his hands, caressing it.

A moment.

Alot of people here keep saying Cyclops should of killed Jean, but how would he have been able to do that? Jean would of just atomized him with a thought.

Alot of people here keep saying Cyclops should of killed Jean, but how would he have been able to do that? Jean would of just atomized him with a thought.
PHOENIX could have done the same with Logan, but she didn't because JEAN loved him, and he was the only one who could reach JEAN underneath the power of the PHOENIX. The point is that it was SCOTT and Jean's love story, not LOGAN and Jean, so it should have been SCOTT with this kind of emotional power. ;)

How could Logan kill Jean? She could have atomized him with a thought. But she didn't.

Many say she didn't kill Logan because Jean was holding the Phoenix back, or because the Phoenix wanted to toy with him. The same could be applied Cyclops: Jean could be inside, holding Phoenix back, wishing to die.

edit: Toril just explained it too :O

Here's a quite a few last battle scenarios that I wrote in the past.

:: Juggernaut chasing Kitty through the lab tearing through the walls::

Juggernaut- ::Crashing through the final wall cornering Leech and Kitty:: I'm the wrong guy to play hide and seek with.

Kitty- Who's hiding? ********!

Juggernaut- ::prepares to charge when suddenly a female voice from behind is heard::

Rogue- Hiya Sugah! What's all this fuss about now?

Kitty- Rogue, what are you doing?!

Rogue- Kitty, I need you and the little one to go as far away from here as possible. I'll handle the big lug here.

Juggernaut- ::Growls and punches Rogue in the face sending her face back violently, when all of a sudden he starts to shudder and get weak::

Rogue- ::Smiles through his fist:: Is that the best you got sweetheart? ::Rogue pulls her first back and punches Juggernaut sending him through a wall::

::Rogue follows Juggernaut through the wall::

Rogue- You know I don't approve of big men hitting on innocent girls like myself. But then again, you're not a man since you're getting your ass kicked by the same little girl sugah! ::Rogue picks up Juggernaut and throws him through another wall::
::Cue the scene to Jean destroying everything in sight::

Scott- ::Looks to Logan and Storm:: I'm the only one who can stop her.

Logan- Scott, you can't go against her.

Scott- Logan, this isn't your call to make. Go with Storm and get everyone to safety now!

::Scott watching Jean destroy everything around him::

Scott- Jean.....I know you're still there.

::Suddenly a grimace of pain is seen on his face falling to one knee and he slowly starts demolecularizing just as Xavier did. Suddenly he stands up straight and begins his walk through the flames to get to Jean::

Jean as Phoenix- You would die for them?!

Scott- ::He stands before Jean stern and his skin along with his X-uniform intact:: For them and for you Jean.......

Jean- ::Starts to become herself again::

Scott- For you and for them......

Jean- ::Starts crying:: Save me Scott......Please.

Scott-::Balds his fists as tears start streaming down his face. His hands go to his visor and he takes it off with his eyes closed:: I love you Jean.......... Forgive me please.....

Jean- ::phoenix beginning to take over once more:: I love you too Scott.

Scott- :::Crying still:: Please forgive me......::His eyes open which releases a powerful optic blast killing Jean in the process::

Jean- ::Falls down into his arms::

Scott- No.....No........No..

::Scott lifts up his head opening his eyes screaming in rage, sadness, and guilt as a powerful optic blast shoots into the night sky::

::The speech with the X-Men before the final battle. Only this time it has Cyclops giving the speech::

Beast- Hard to believe this once fit me.

Cyclops- Magneto has an army that is making their way to Alcatraz.

Beast- Can you estimate how many he has Scott?

Cyclops- Thousands including Jean.

Beast- His power has limits, hers do not.

Iceman- Scott, there's only 7 of us.

Scott- Yes, we're outnumbered. I'm not going to lie to you. When we lost the Professor there was a lot of confusion, strife, sadness, and hopelessness. But if we don't make our stand now then everything he stood for will die with him. I made a promise to Professor and I intend to keep that promise. I'm not going to let his dream die nor will I let our dream die. Are you?

Iceman- ::Shakes his head:: No. I won't.

Cyclops- Then we stand together now and forever as X-Men.

Rogue- Count me in as well sugahs.

Angel- Me as well.

Beast- ::Looks over to Rogue:: What made you change your mind child?

Rogue- Remembering what you told me and listening to Scott helped me make my stand I am making it now.

Scott- ::Nods and looks to the other X-Men:: Let's go.

::Wolverine looks at Scott while Scott is about to head into the chamber. He grabs Scott by the arm and looks him in the eye::

Logan- Scott, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye bub. But it's at times like these that I remember why you're in charge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

cyclopslandingoo5.jpg

Vilya provided this amazing artwork of Cyclops at the final battle.

::This is after the X-Men make their entrances at Alcatraz and Scott, being the leader, is the last one to come out of the plane. The camera would go into a close up of his visor and then pan behind him as he views the Brotherhood from the plane::

::He then would jump from the plane shooting his optic beams into the ground and landing on one knee::

Cyclops-::Slowly walking towards the X-Men as the fog settles in and the rain begins to fall, he looks over to the soldiers:: You men cover the doors. Everyone get together and hold this line!

::He stands with his allies as they make their last stand and the visual of them lined up would be the same, except Cyclops would be front and center::

::Scott begins fighting the guy with the regenerating arms. He leans back firing an optic blast, then fires another one only to see the mutant has both arms again::

Scott- ::Shocked and appauled::

Mutant- Come on!!

Scott-::Shakes his head and fires an optic blast into his crotch area. Grow those back moron. (A slight nod to his "Missing a face, moron?!")
I love Scott in Logan's place! I also love Rogue and Kitty teaming up. That would've been really cool! The only problem I have with your Rogue is that the dialogue really doesn't match the movie character. I can see her getting a little snotty, sort of swinging to the other end of the spectrum after deciding "the heck with the cure, I'm fine the way I am". I don't, however, see her becoming THAT snotty, witty, or accent-bearing. :oldrazz: You can keep one "sugah", but drop the rest of them and the "sweetheart", as well as the last line about "big men hitting hitting innocent girls". Maybe in the speech segment, she can just say "Count me in". Make those changes, and you have my complete :up: on Rogue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"