''Jubilant Firecracker" The Official X3 Jubilee/Kea Wong Discussion Thread

I guess they didn't want to pay for the plane ticket to fly the girls in from Toronto.
?
Who knows

Octoberist said:
I dont even know why they replaced Katrina..makes no sense. It's like when they replaced Kitty in X2 (and X3 :) ). It's dumb.
The girl who played Kitty-Sumela Kay- is now in the critically acclaimed 'History of Violence'.

I guess that the case, Endeavor. BY the way, I received your PM. I couldn't respond in time b/c I had to meet up with some friends, then went to school. Sorry about that, bro ham.

What is that in your avatar? Is that from Marvel vs. Capcom?

Retroman said:
The girl who played Kitty-Sumela Kay- is now in the critically acclaimed 'History of Violence'.

Really? :eek:

Good for her then!

PyroChamber said:
Jubilee spoke in X2? She didn't even talk in the delete scene she was in, guess I'll have to check that out again.

How old is Kea Wong anyway?

She spoke in the scene where the kids are being rescued by Nightcrawler and Storm. If you have the DVD the scene is called "Lover's Quarrel"

Octoberist said:
I guess that the case, Endeavor. BY the way, I received your PM. I couldn't respond in time b/c I had to meet up with some friends, then went to school. Sorry about that, bro ham.

What is that in your avatar? Is that from Marvel vs. Capcom?

It's cool :up:

The avatar is a Sentinel from 'X-Men: Children of the Atom'

Endeavor said:
She spoke in the scene where the kids are being rescued by Nightcrawler and Storm. If you have the DVD the scene is called "Lover's Quarrel"
And the scene at the end - 'Is everything allright Proffesor?' or something like that.

^ That's right, she asked the Prof if everything was alright.

Octoberist said:
Nice avatar Retro..It fits you!
Thanks October. Nell hooked me up. :up: The one that Moi gave was to big unfortunately. I hope she isn't insulted. :O

ahh.. I see. I don't think Moi would get upset over that :)

Who knows. She might be the character Beverly Manhood is going for.

Endeavor said:
I think Katrina is prettier and looks more like how I would picture Jubilee in real life, except she's taller than what Jubilee would be.

True, true and true.

The thing with Katrina in part one though was that when she said her line it sounded like she's not a native English speaker. I don't remember the exact line but it was something like "How weird is that?" and it sounded very...umm...soft, meek not at all what Jubilee should be like.

Retroman said:
x2pre2.jpg
*sigh* this reminds me when I went to the premiere. I dont even think I've ever mentioned on these boards about when I won tickets to go to the X2 premiere. It was :up:

Octoberist said:
I dont even know why they replaced Katrina..makes no sense. It's like when they replaced Kitty in X2 (and X3 :) ). It's dumb.

Probably because Katrina isn't an actor. I know they mentioned somewhere that Singer just got some local kids to fill in the students. Just look at her imdb profile, the only thing she's done is X-Men. Same thing with the guy who played Pyro in the first movie as well.

I really hope she's in, Jubes has always been one of my favorites. I guess because I was always close to/her age, so I indentified better with her. She definitely should wear the yellow coat though, even if it's muted. Also, what's the difference between Katrina and Kea? I never saw a major differnce. Any pics of Katrina?

Jubes for X-3!

ctvampslayer said:
Any pics of Katrina?

The only one I could find:

jubemov1.gif

But I still say Kea wins:

jubilee3.jpg

And yes, Kea has been confirmed for X3.

Specter313 said:
Probably because Katrina isn't an actor. I know they mentioned somewhere that Singer just got some local kids to fill in the students. Just look at her imdb profile, the only thing she's done is X-Men. Same thing with the guy who played Pyro in the first movie as well.

The Pyro in the first movie was Hot. (no pun intended:()
I actually liked the Jubilee in Xmen,but Kea Wong is ok. I would love it if they actually show her in a major scene with her actually doing something. I think the yellow needs to come back. Her outfit in X2 was just tacky. If you guys thought the jacket in X1 was dated so is the fanny pack. She doesn't even look trendy, she looked ensembly challenged.

Holly Goodhead said:
Why do all these people get their own thread? l want my own thread. :(

Communtiy forum. :)

Jubilee is my most favorite superhero ever... probably because of the Animated Series... and that she is/was close to my same age... I said WAS, because she is always made younger for some reason.:mad:

Anyways, I like Kea Wong better than Katrina... she's really beautiful and looks like Jubilee... especially from Generation X. If anyone read the X2 novelization by Chris Claremont, Jubilee had a bigger part than she did in the movie. She had a good deal of dialogue with other students in the museum scene, talked and tried to comfort the other captured X-Kids in the Alkalai Lake facility, and had a small fight scene in the mansion attack sequence. When she was running to escape the mansion, a soldier shot her with a tazer gun... but she absorbed the electricity, turned around, and blasted it back at him... which sent him flying through a wall.
I don't know why they didn't do that scene in the movie though, :(

I don't like the idea of them making Kitty and Bobby hook up. Why not up Jubilee in role size to do that? Jubilee is more of a go getter than Kitty when she wants something.

It seems just out of character for Kitty to go stealing someone else's man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"