Judge Dredd: Mega City One

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Judge Dredd to become TV show — exclusive

"EW can exclusively reveal that independent entertainment studio IM Global and independent U.K. games developer and publisher Rebellion have struck a deal to turn the iconic comic book character into a TV show called Judge Dredd: Mega City One. The show is set in a future where the East Coast of the U.S. has become a crowded and crime-ridden megalopolis. It will be an ensemble drama about a team of Judges — futuristic cops invested with the power to be judge, jury, and executioner — as they deal with the challenges the future-shocked 22nd century throws at them. Early development has begun on the show, and talent will be announced at a later date.

Attached as executive producers of the new show are IM Global Television president Mark Stern, who developed Battlestar Galactica, Helix, and Defiance at Syfy; IM Global Television CEO Stuart Ford; and the owners of Rebellion, Jason and Chris Kingsley, who along with Ford were also executive producers of the 2012 Dredd film."

9unvDHC.jpg

More at EW.com

Awesome. Will it be the same continuity as the film?

Such a shame we never got a follow-up to the movie - Urban was a fantastic Dredd. Hopefully this will be a worthy successor and be/stay suitably hard and gritty.

Well, Karl Urban retweeted the news, so... who knows.

Well, Karl Urban retweeted the news, so... who knows.
didn't he say he was done with tv after fox cancelled his last scifi show. too bad that show never got to resolved befor it ended .

Awesome news! Never thought it would actually happen but lets see what they can come up with now. Lots of potential with this.

Awesome. Will it be the same continuity as the film?

No idea, but going by that poster the city will be different (and better) as it is more akin to the cramped colossal towers of the comics than the wide open spaces with huge towers spread far apart we saw in Urban's Dredd.

Doesn't mean it will be a different continuity, but they might jazz up the city this time around.

And if its the same continuity but Urban isn't back I hope they get another dude willing to keep the helmet on throughout (or don't show his face whenever it's off).

Hire Karl Urban anyway. Also if Dredd isn't in it and not a major character then don't call it Judge Dredd.

Awesome news, continuation or not.

[YT]C1ei-BY6dYY[/YT]

Well that just made my day. YES!!!

Bring back Karl Urban and the the girl that played Judge Anderson
Bring in the Dark Judges
R-Rated
Put it on HBO, Netflix, Amazon or whatever

NO to Syfy, CW, or any other network tv. (Except for AMC)

that's it.

HBO, AMC or Netflix for sure

If this has nothing to do with the Karl Urban Dredd movie. Not interested. Only reason I signed those petitions and nagged is because I wanted a sequel to one of best movies of the year. Movie suffered from terrible marketing. It deserved second chance.

For the love of all that is holy and praise tharg the mighty....give me the dark judges

Been reading Judge Dredd since the 1980s, so am very pleased about this news. I hope and pray this finds a home somewhere that will let Dredd be Dredd properly. The Karl Urban film got close, but the budget didn't allow for the correct scope. For a show to work they need to invest in it properly, cast it well, and fully buy into the concept - including more of its more surreal and 'out there' elements.

If I were them, I'd adapt something like the first robot war or Block Mania for the first season, to start off relatively easy, then Dark Judges, Judge Child, America, Cursed Earth. This would be expensive of course, so they may have to do more small scale, original stories that adapt elements of the classic arcs.

I love how those of us that know all want the Dark Judges involved.
icon14.gif
:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"