• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Jurassic Park. (A summary of impressions)

I dont know if its fair to say that the movie would be somewhat like jurrasic Park, The thing is, The Transformers are not giant 100 feet tall machines, They are about maybe 25 feet or a bit more when in robot mode if you count the arms and legs. Making them enormous size would just mean we would see shots of the people on the streets looking up and seeing these enormous robots walking by. In other words, You would get shots of there feet as if your looking from the human's prospective, Kind of like what was done with War Of The Worlds maybe.

CFlash said:
I think Hell Killer is Don Murphy.

Anyway, I think Jim Shooter and Budiansky at Marvel might take issue with your dismisals. They worked pretty hard to try and make these characters *real*. It's what made Transformers many times more successful than Gobots and Voltron and the like.
I agree...I mean seriously, the comics tried hard to be as best as it could be, thanks to Budiansky, Shooter, and then Simon Furman.

The dinos of Jurassic Park looked and behaved exactly like their source material -- which was the novel, Jurassic Park, a work of science fiction. In the book, the T-Rex is brown with mottled red bloches, the raptors are yellow-brown tiger striped with uncanny intellect, and the dilos look like leopards and spit poison.

Aaaaand as expressly stated in that novel, in fact one of the main themes of the story, the dinosaurs built for Hammond's park were not real dinosaurs, but in fact crude, hastily designed genetic patchworks, and therefore could not be expected to look or behave like 'real' dinosaurs. You can't recreate the past, as Malcom continually reiterates.

Hell killer, word-up. :up: I don't want the the movie to be just like the cartoon, because the cartoon was shoddily animated, had no continuity, was victim to some atrocious writing and was severly restricted by BS&P. I want the movie to be a million times better than the TV show, but I'll settle for ten times. :)

-- END!

xwolverine2 said:
jurassic park is a classic masterpiece......

sure id like it to be that.

Indeed, here's hoping that JP4 will be better the the Lost world and JP3....

I don't care if they moderately change the appearance of the Transformers...I don't mind the flames on Primes body. I don't mind Megatron being an alien jet...the ONLY thing i'm worried about...the only thing that would destroy the movie for me....is if the humans are the center of the story...if they get all the character interaction and growth and the Transformers are there as giant emotionless warring robot beats. :/

GhostPoet said:
I don't care if they moderately change the appearance of the Transformers...I don't mind the flames on Primes body. I don't mind Megatron being an alien jet...the ONLY thing i'm worried about...the only thing that would destroy the movie for me....is if the humans are the center of the story...if they get all the character interaction and growth and the Transformers are there as giant emotionless warring robot beats. :/

I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I want Decepticons to be the evil plotting bastards and the Autobots to be the epitomy of the word Saviors. I do NOT want to see humans pointing to the sky and avoiding debris the whole movie...in other words I don't want War of the Worlds.

aah, now we're getting to what I originally meant.

Here's another prediction, based on logical guesswork: All character development amongst the non-organic folks in the movie will be limited to Bumblebee pointing out to a war-mongering Prime that humans might be worth fighting for.

You know, Another thing I also been wondering, Many of Bay's movies have that Glossy look, The Transformers are gonna look shiny on screen for sure. :)

TigerClaw said:
You know, Another thing I also been wondering, Many of Bay's movies have that Glossy look, The Transformers are gonna look shiny on screen for sure. :)
thank god!:up:

If it is half as fun as JP, then I will love this movie. To bad the dinobots aint in it, Snarl and Grimlock are my all time favourites besides Optimus.

Dotten said:
If it is half as fun as JP, then I will love this movie. To bad the dinobots aint in it, Snarl and Grimlock are my all time favourites besides Optimus.
I dont know if putting the Dinobots in a live action Transformers is a good idea, The movie would then become Jurassic Park with robot dinosaurs.

hell killer said:
what did you want, a strong character development with the t-rex? And quit calling a silly marketing tool for a toy that was bad animation, and slapped together with no thought because it was designed for children under ten, source material!!!!!!! its junkfood for kids in the 80's! Source material! you take a childrens cartoon so seriously that your acting like theyre basing this movie on a famous novel. this movie is for the world, not for guys in their late twentys who think the transformers cartoon is an intense drama and still get excited when they watch the movie and here the lamest song of all time-you got the touch! dont be such lame-asses about this film.

Jeeez somebody forgot to take there medication today ;) jk

hell killer said:
this movie is for the world, not for guys in their late twentys who think the transformers cartoon is an intense drama and still get excited when they watch the movie and here the lamest song of all time-you got the touch!

:eek: That's sad how you described me to a T without even knowing me...:(

Creature SH said:
aah, now we're getting to what I originally meant.

Here's another prediction, based on logical guesswork: All character development amongst the non-organic folks in the movie will be limited to Bumblebee pointing out to a war-mongering Prime that humans might be worth fighting for.

Scary...but I think you may have described the whole story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"