Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is not great news for fans for Enlightened..of course.

As critically acclaimed it was, when you have a lowly 220K viewers on a cable network, it's not a good sign. HBO was good enough to allow the creators to go for a second go-round, but the ratings didn't jump up the way they wanted.

I expect Girls to get the axe after next season, since the ratings are dwindling on that too.

That's why I have a theory that Speilberg was the 'acting-director' during pre-production, supervising the sets and designs, until they signed up Collin. Then now Steven's easing him into the lion's den.

Were there any other theories? Also, unless of course it straight died from being the only one, it'll be just as big an elephant if it doesn't show up this film. I agree with you guys though, I hated the Spino/Rex fight and it just kills the movie for me. I also thing the CGI on the Spino in some shots is horrible compared to the previous films, and the animatronics on the Spino, especially in the plane attack, look really bad in some scenes. I think the river scene looks fantastic but I think a lot of the movements and such during the plane scene look really fake to me.

Ugh, the animatronics for me at least, ruined the Spino, it was quite noticeable throughout the film.

That's why I have a theory that Speilberg was the 'acting-director' during pre-production, supervising the sets and designs, until they signed up Collin. Then now Steven's easing him into the lion's den.

I like this theory.

I really hated he Spinosaur and Trex confrontation in the beginning it pretty much ruined most of the film for me.

OH that was the worst! The T-Rex was like the original Godzilla for me. Totally scary, but really badass. Having it get killed like it was a chump is the moment that movie went downhill.

At the end I kept waiting for an even bigger T-Rex to show and kill the Spino. That would have been some sort of redemption.

The Spinosaur had a few good sequences in the film (the boat confrontation at the end and the fight with the rex.) If anything, I felt the raptors lacked the menace they had in the preceding films. Edit: Although, I enjoyed the scene in the laboratory, when the raptor was looking through the glass of solution at Leoni's character.

And while I picked on JP3 for its b-level quality, Lost World was bad too. Sure, Lost World had something to say, unlike JP3, it's so mean spirited to watch. All of the dinosaurs act like monsters; it lacks those magical moments from the first film, like the sick Triceratops or the Brachs eating from trees. You know acting like animals... not psychotic blood thirsty monsters (besides a few early scenes with Moore) At least JP3 treated their Dinos with some respect despite its lameness.

Ian Malcolm doesn't have anyone to talk to throughout the entire film so he looks bored the entire time. And everyone else unlikable except for..poor poor Eddie Carr.

And can anyone tell me why David Koepp deviates from the book so much? I understand there will e changes (Example: Hammond) but why go out your way to create new characters? Roland Tempo?

And why exclude that camouflage dinosaur from the book? Isn't that cinematic and cool enough? Stupid!

Honestly I'm not to familiar with either of the books I planned recently to read both of them, since I'd really like to see the differences.

And while I picked on JP3 for its b-level quality, Lost World was bad too. Sure, Lost World had something to say, unlike JP3, it's so mean spirited to watch. All of the dinosaurs act like monsters; it lacks those magical moments from the first film, like the sick Triceratops or the Brachs eating from trees. You know acting like animals... not psychotic blood thirsty monsters (besides a few early scenes with Moore) At least JP3 treated their Dinos with some respect despite its lameness.

Ian Malcolm doesn't have anyone to talk to throughout the entire film so he looks bored the entire time. And everyone else unlikable except for..poor poor Eddie Carr.

And can anyone tell me why David Koepp deviates from the book so much? I understand there will e changes (Example: Hammond) but why go out your way to create new characters? Roland Tempo?

And why exclude that camouflage dinosaur from the book? Isn't that cinematic and cool enough? Stupid!

Ya that part with the camo dinosaur (predator style) in the book was scary as hell. And the stuff with the raptor's nest and the motorcycle chase, was pretty good. I did prefer the book much more than the film. (The Lost World I'm talking of course)

the dinosaurs in JP3 do look crappy. and i did not like the Raptor designs at all. they looked great in JP1 & Lost World.

i want the new movie to take place on the island from the first film

Damn, maybe they should just redo Lost World. But don't call it Lost World and just make an adaptation that's closer to the book.

Collin mentioned that he was attached to a project the internet would freak out about last year. When the Disney Star Wars buyout was announced people started contemplating that it was Star Wars.

Seems likely he was talking about this. His involvement in this film may go farther back than we realize.

Yeah, people have to realize that studios are getting wiser to the fanboys, by straight-up lying. Another theory: Trevor has been involved for a while, and agreed NOT to sign a contract till March only so it the news of his signing doesn't get leaked out last year. But he agreed to work without a contract because he knew he would get paid anyway and the contract will be a given. Or he was paid as a freelancer last year until he signed the contract last week.

All and all, it all was a deterrent so the scoopers can be misled.

I think he's going to do a phenomenal job and I think Spielberg will be there to keep the studio off of his back

He confirmed via Twitter that there would be "No Feathers".

I, personally, think it would've been kind of creepy seeing them with it feathers. In a good way. I can picture it being scary, and at once helping to freshen the material, at least superficially. It could've being explained (in strictly movie-science terms) as the animals breeding and evolving into there natural state, over the years the frog DNA becoming diluted...

That said, it would go against the classic (mis?)conception of the dinosaurs, maybe would've been a little much for them. And if they choose to acknowledge it (they won't, nor should they, it would confuse the many people that don't know about it) they could just say what they always say (that the frog dna made it so that they aren't strictly real dinos).

I wish they would build off the JP3 raptors. Their protofeathers and coloring were cool.

I hope they show someone successfully killing a carnivorous dinosaur in the next film. I have found the stance of the preceding films to be irritating: humans are shown being killed/devoured with graphic detail, yet the dinosaurs cannot be killed by humans. I remember watching Jurassic Park III and being irritated that the mercenaries did not use the high-powered gun that was the basis of a scene earlier in the film.

I hope they show someone successfully killing a carnivorous dinosaur in the next film. I have found the stance of the preceding films to be irritating: humans are shown being killed/devoured with graphic detail, yet the dinosaurs cannot be killed by humans. I remember watching Jurassic Park III and being irritated that the mercenaries did not use the high-powered gun that was the basis of a scene earlier in the film.

Yeah, that always annoyed me, too. And the army of mercs (or whatever) not using their assault rifles in TLW.

Yeah, that always annoyed me, too. And the army of mercs (or whatever) not using their assault rifles in TLW.

Assault rifle rounds do not have enough penetration to get to a Trex's organs and create enough damage. A .50 caliber would but they didn't have that in TLW. A minigun would shred a large carnivore too. A rocket launcher would be a good idea as well.

Assault rifle rounds do not have enough penetration to get to a Trex's organs and create enough damage. A .50 caliber would but they didn't have that in TLW. A minigun would shred a large carnivore too. A rocket launcher would be a good idea as well.

Fair enough, I just would've liked to have seen them TRY and get eaten/runaway. From memory, they just ran away. (Plus, surely these experienced hunters would know to bring guns that pack a particular wallop in this hunt).

I guess that's not the movie Spielberg wanted to make, though, with being shoot a lot. I'm okay with it, I just think someone should give it a go now (without turning it into Aliens).

That takes away the threat of the large predators and pretty much makes them vulnerable, who wants a constantly vulnerable adversary/villain?

That takes away the threat of the large predators and pretty much makes them vulnerable, who wants a constantly vulnerable adversary/villain?

I think there are ways it could be worked just fine, like Muldoon in JP1, or everybody in Aliens (But less violent and trigger happy). But guns in Jurassic Park just important enough for me to talk about it so much. :yay: I just think it's something that should be addressed in movie, without necessarily making it guns v dinos.

One of the reasons "Jurassic Park" stands above its sequels is the people on the island are like us. Fascinated by dinosaurs and everyday people, but also, they're there with the understanding it was safe. In the sequels, it's mercenary types who know what they're up against, and we either get Goldblum or Sam Neill warning them how dangerous it is, so when they die, we feel no sympathy for them.

If they're going to go the mercenary route again, send in the Expendables and make it possible that any one of them could die. I'd pay to see that. :word:

I doubt anyone wants to see a dinosaur slaughterfest no offense. I want the magic to come back that these were REAL animals that walked the earth, the magic that Speilberg gave the first film. I want them portrayed as real animals as much as possible, perfect example of this would be Peter Jacksons King Kong ( Kong himself not his Trex's which I didn't care for).

Yeah, I'd rather not see dinosaurs slaughtered by guns. It would be pretty cool to see someone take down a raptor with a spear or something though. That person would instantly be killed by the other raptors for sure, but it'd be nice to see someone put up a real fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"