Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say stick with the classic dino designs, bring back some of the cast from all 3 films (Grant, Malcom, Ellie, Tim, (Lex and Kelly Cameos only), Sarah, Nick and Billy. Keep some parts major, while others relatively smaller.

Make the film sorta deal with "do we kill these creatures, or protect them?" hell, i wouldn't even object to a multi billionaire who decides to come aboard and claim to do what Hammond could never do.

its not exactly an original story idea, but it's better already than 3, and It'd be kinda nice to put the "park" back in Jurassic Park making the film come full circle

They're not gonna bring back Vince Vaughn, though it would be genius and crazy if they did.

They're not gonna bring back Vince Vaughn, though it would be genius and crazy if they did.

Eh julianne Moore and Jeff goldblum would be harder.... Other than what... Anchorman? What exactly is vince vaughn doing?

His oldschool /dodgeball/ wedding crasher days are kinda over...

WOW, Jeff Goldblum is turning 61 years old this year! He looks damn good for his age; he doesn't look Grandfatherly, just a good looking older dude who has aged well. I think it helps that he kept in good shape all these years.

Sam Neil has aged well too. The baby of the group, Laura Dern looks good too; might I add she's like the world's most underrated/under valued actress.

That's why I think Mark Hamill (with a trainer) will be fine for Star Wars Episode 7.

Last edited:
Get John Williams to add just one additional theme track so that it would sound fresh.

Eh julianne Moore and Jeff goldblum would be harder.... Other than what... Anchorman? What exactly is vince vaughn doing?

His oldschool /dodgeball/ wedding crasher days are kinda over...

The thing about his roles in-between Swingers and Made/Old School are his 'Lost Years' where he did 'Psycho' and other dramatic/understated work that is completely jarring to the rest of his career. You could say during that era, he was trying to find footing for his career, and I just don't see him going back to that, since he hasn't in the past 2 decades.

In fact, I think most people have forgotten that he was in The Lost World. Usually they would freak out. "What, really? He was in there?"

If he came back, personally, it would be a distraction.

WTF, man, Jeff Goldblum is turning 61 years old this year! He looks damn good for his age; he doesn't look Grandfatherly, just a good looking older dude who has aged well. I think it helps that he kept in good shape all these years.

Sam Neil has aged well too. The baby of the group, Laura Dern looks good too; might I add she's like the world's most underrated/under valued actress.

That's why I think Mark Hamill (with a trainer) will be fine for Star Wars Episode 7.

.... I never once mentioned their ages or how they look. I want them all back

.... I never once mentioned there ages or how they look. I want them all back

Huh, I'm a little confused? Because I wasn't disagreeing with anyone. The only one I'm slightly objecting is Vaughn but it's nothing serious. I just can't see it.

But that comment wasn't directed anyone here in particular; just a random post about them aging well, which is actually more of a compliment then anything else, so yeah...

So yeah,this is awkward.

Last edited:
.... You said "wtf man" lol that sorta sounds like you're replying to someone... Kinda confusing

No...it was me googling pictures of Goldblum, and showing my admiration. I was going to type "WOW, Man" but decided on "WTF" instead. It wasn't directed towards you because it wouldn't make sense to your previous posts.

Im not even sure that all of these actors would be interested in coming back for this, or if the studio even wants them back. It not like any of them are current big box office names.

Im not even sure that all of these actors would be interested in coming back for this, or if the studio even wants them back. It not like any of them are current big box office names.

No but together in bringing back a pretty well known franchise.... Yeah that's a nice drawl

Before this iteration of JP4 came together, Laura Dern said in an interview (back in 2008) that Spielberg approached her about playing Ellie again in JP4. She said something along the lines of "You can't say 'no' to someone like Spielberg."

In a more recent interview, she wasn't sure if she was going to be in JP4 due to changing nature of the film.

People consider saying no to Spielberg, but eventually give in. DDL per example. :o

I'm playing Jurassic Park Builder on my tablet and there's a section where they create an underwater Jurassic Park that people tour in mini-subs. I thought that'd be an awesome idea for a movie, but then I remembered that they pretty much did something like that for Jaws when they put him in an aquatic theme park.

I love when water or rain is involved in JP films they're for me the most memorable scenes.

Agreed, the river climax in JP3 is my favorite part of that movie.

Thats really the only part of that flick that I like, the atmosphere is great for that scene.

best parts of JP3 are the scenes in the Pterodactyl paddock and the river with the Spinosaurus

though these scenes should have been in the first Jurassic Park film seeing as how they happened in the first book

Greenday sorry to be off topic but don't you think its time to update your signature?

I like Safety Not Guaranteed, at the very least Trevorrow will bring heart to the film, which is something lacking in many of today's blockbusters. But as Joe Carnahan has said, it's not safe for a guy who does small indie films to jump into big budget cinema like that. If he does a reasonably budgeted Flight of the Navigator first and then jumps onto JP IV, it'd work out better.

But that said, fella's got talent. If Spielbergo thinks he's good. I'm not arguing.

I like Safety Not Guaranteed, at the very least Trevorrow will bring heart to the film, which is something lacking in many of today's blockbusters. But as Joe Carnahan has said, it's not safe for a guy who does small indie films to jump into big budget cinema like that. If he does a reasonably budgeted Flight of the Navigator first and then jumps onto JP IV, it'd work out better.

But that said, fella's got talent. If Spielbergo thinks he's good. I'm not arguing.

I think as long as Spielberg is there to offer the occasional advice and keep the studio off his back, he'll do just fine. I gotta imagine it can pretty disorienting to suddenly be handed the reigns of a billion dollar property.

Safety Not Gauranteed was good, I enjoyed it but it was far from being spectacular. I thought the film did have a lot of heart and was shot very well, I have hope that visually the film will be good.

Im only really worried about the story at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back