Just purchased X-Box points card not valid

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought a points card and gotten a card not valid error when you entered the code? I bought a 4,000 points card last Sunday and I'm getting this error. I contacted Microsoft and they said it should work. I'm going to try and return it, but I'm not sure if it'll work since I can't really prove it doesn't work. Just pisses me off since it may be $50 wasted.

Has anyone ever bought a points card and gotten a card not valid error when you entered the code? I bought a 4,000 points card last Sunday and I'm getting this error. I contacted Microsoft and they said it should work. I'm going to try and return it, but I'm not sure if it'll work since I can't really prove it doesn't work. Just pisses me off since it may be $50 wasted.

That sux. I always buy it directly off the Marketplace, though, so I never had this problem. I hope you'll get your money back.

I also buy direct from the Marketplace, so I've never bought a points card. I guess the only thing you can do is call wherever you got it from and see if they know what's up.

Do they have to activate it at the store or anything? Maybe they didn't do it right.

Yeah, they have to activate at the store, they probably just screwed it up at the counter

I also buy it from Marketplace, so....but it sucks.
Hope it all turns out for the best.

Call Microsoft, work your way around the directory so that you can speak to a call center worker, then ask them to talk to upper management if they can't help you.

Acting pissed can help wonders, I had to do that when they ****ed up sending my data transfer kit.

Well, went to Best Buy Saturday and they did let me exchange this points card. The girl at the counter made sure to scan the activation code. Got home, entered the new code and get the same f'ing error code! This is really pissing me off now, called Microsoft about the problem the first time, gonna have to call them again.

I would have just bought the points off the marketplace, but I had some money left on a gift card and a rewards zone coupon. So figured what the hell. Hopefully I'll be able to figure this out tomorrow, cause I'd really like to download Banjo-Tooie and not spend more money than I already have on points.

Quick question does anyone know if you have a Credit Card saved for purchases on your 360 if it will automatically renew once your XBL expires. It says renewal on there for a year long subscription and I cant cancel my card or this renewal that's already waiting to be made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"