Justice League Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Bettany Need to Be John Constatine and unlike reeves he is actually British and looks like him
400full.jpg

Nah, I liked Constantine, and I liked Keanu Reeves' performance in it, but that wasn't the John Constantine of the comics. Get a British actor to play the role. My vote goes to Paddy Considine.
Yep Comic constantine is a far more intresting and memorable character.

Keanu worked for what they were going with in that movie but for this film the comic version would work better.
Basically Justice League Dark the movie?
pretty much which is awesome :woot:

Why all of them in One movie ?

Because those characters are all awesome and worthy of being in a movie. But also because there has always been a precedent for such a thing and it's obvious that the DC movie strategy will now be the opposite of Marvel's (using team based movies to establish a greater universe).

Swamp_Thing_Annual_Vol_2_2.jpg

Justice_League_Dark_0003.jpg

I still can't believe this. In my 25 years of being a DC fan the section of the universe that always appealed to me most was it's supernatural and occult one.

Now with Guillermo Del Toro who is perfect for conceiving such an atmosphere on film saying that he wants to make a movie within that environment of the DCU man I can't even begin to describe my excitement. It's like they crawled into my head and made one of those hollywood dream projects I have dreamt about finally come true.

This is pretty unreal if it proves to be true.

This would be right up del toro's street but I doubt anything will happen myself past a script. Hope I'm wrong though.

Paul Bettany Need to Be John Constatine and unlike reeves he is actually British and looks like him
400full.jpg

Perfect :up: I just wonder if he'll actually have the Liverpudlian accent he's supposed to, Bettany could probability do that accent quite easily.

Did I really just read this? OMG I'm stoked. The Spectre on film? Hell yeah. As someone said a reveal of fated helmet at the end would make me get up and cheer lol.

This would be right up del toro's street but I doubt anything will happen myself past a script. Hope I'm wrong though.

It has a good chance of actually happening, because WB works like this, they wait for some renowned director to express some interest in a DC property and only then WB thinks of making a movie.

For example, SR, BB, MOS all movies were made only after the respective directors approached WB and showed some interest in the property.

How about including Looker and Madame Xanadu ?

It has a good chance of actually happening, because WB works like this, they wait for some renowned director to express some interest in a DC property and only then WB thinks of making a movie.

For example, SR, BB, MOS all movies were made only after the respective directors approached WB and showed some interest in the property.

That's true but can't blame me for been skeptical, if only Steven Spielberg would approach them about making Justice League.

Perfect :up: I just wonder if he'll actually have the Liverpudlian accent he's supposed to, Bettany could probability do that accent quite easily.

I'm from the side of the Constantine fanbase that think he has a London accent given as his dialogue in the comics has mostly been written as London-centric (ennit, Guv'nor, ect) and he left Liverpool at 15.

400full.jpg
Cant really argue with this. He looks perfect in this picture.

Doug Jones as Deadman
Doug+Jones+Premiere+Twentieth+Century+Fox+s-5Ck2-WvdYl.jpg

Ron Perlman as Etrigan
SGS-001911.jpg

this sounds awesome, hope it happens. zooey deschenel as zatanna, as somebody suggested earlier, would be pretty damn cool, play to see her in dat hat 'n' fishnets...mah gawd.

This could be amazing, but I have serious doubts about its likelihood of ever actually happening.

DUDE !!!!!! That is a BRILLIANT idea. He has to be apart of this in some capacity, Etrigan or Swamp Thing.

And Doug Jones as Deadman is a ****ing MUST
Perlman is and should be in everything lol.

I cant wait for the practical make-up and the fishnets.

Oh the fishnets.

Yay! Del Toro is tackling yet another project! Sounds great!
Or should I say,
Oh, crap! Del Toro is tackling yet another project! What the hell?

But then again, it does sound great.

Last edited:
I'm not too fond of any of those characters, but it could be interesting. It's a wait and see for me.

I'm from the side of the Constantine fanbase that think he has a London accent given as his dialogue in the comics has mostly been written as London-centric (ennit, Guv'nor, ect) and he left Liverpool at 15.

Oh really I admit to not having read much but I thought they said he was Liverpudlian?!

So basically justice league dark (they should add that to the thread title so people actually realize what this is). That said Del Toro attaches himself to so many projects that I don't think we'll be seeing this.

But if anyone could bring this to life and make it look great its him.

I think Tom Hardy might make a good Constantine
Oh really I admit to not having read much but I thought they said he was Liverpudlian?!
Alan Moore created him and wrote his dialogue cockney or Londoner sounding seeing as he was created to be a working class, jack the lad magician. Jamie Delano who wrote Constantine in the early Hellblazer solo series at Vertigo gave him a backstory of being from Liverpool but running away to London as a teenager.

Most writers write Constantine as a cockney or Londoner, ocassionally a couple writers have tried to slip in some liverpudlian dialect in or have characters mention his got a scouse sounding accent but for the majority of the time his written like a Londoner.

This will be like a magical Justice League, right? But who should the villain be? Who is so powerful that all the others need to work together to be able to take down? All heroes together in the street, fighting side-by-side (Avengers-esque)
But I have to admit this whole project sounds really strange.

Hope they have Dr Fate. I liked him in Smallville.

That's true but can't blame me for been skeptical, if only Steven Spielberg would approach them about making Justice League.
Only in our dreams, bro

Last edited:
I was just watching Justice League and....Dr. Fate HAS to be in this movie.

All heroes together in the street, fighting side-by-side (Avengers-esque)

With this group, it'd be more like a bunch of kicks to the balls in the dark coupled with arcane rituals.

"When somebody asked me about "Justice League"…I'm not involved in "Justice League." I am discussing…I've been discussing with the fans and I've been very, very open about how much "Swamp Thing" was key when I was a kid. Comics in Mexico came on the first two days of the week. Around Tuesday and Wednesday I would go to the newsstand on my bicycle and I would get "Swamp Thing" every time it was available and I loved Jack Kirby's "Demon". I love Constantine and all that. You know, I've been pursuing doing something with them for many, many years. Hopefully it'll come to pass. But we are still just discussing."

Guillermo Del Toro on Heaven Sent

From MTV Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe