Justice League Formation

ubertroy

Civilian
Reaction score
I would like to offer a new idea.

I dont think any of the DC heroes besides Superman and Batman can make the box office numbers the greedy execs go after now a days.

Given that, I think a Justice League movie would be a much better idea than any movie starring any other heroe besides Superman or Batman. Even Wonder Woman would not make the numbers work or she would have already been done.

So I propose a series of movies that would lead to an ultimate JL (NOT JLA) Movie.

There would be 3 movies.

These movies would star the following characters. Each movie should star only 2 heroes. Each should be called "JL FORMATION". Give them all numbered titles.

The heroes who should star in these movies are as follows.

Green Lantern
Flash
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Wonder Woman
Zatana
Martain Manhunter

Pick any two in any formation. Let me know what you think. Add others if you like.

I think this is a great idea. However, the only way it would work is to link the 3 movies. IOW, have the first movie end with the idea of the second two heroes coming in.

The obvious thought would be to have GL and Flash in the first movie. However, after we get through them and WW and Aquaman, the popularity level dips WAY low in comparison.

This is why I think each movie should be titled the same.

JL FORMATION (1, 2, and 3)

For business and licensing reasons, Superman and Batman probably will not appear in such a movie. I hope Im wrong. However, if that is the case, I would like to see them replaced by

Captain Marvel and Powergirl.

For business and licensing reasons, Superman and Batman probably will not appear in such a movie. I hope Im wrong. However, if that is the case, I would like to see them replaced by

Captain Marvel and Powergirl.

DC_NEWGO.jpg

The DC Brand

If that were true, then you wouldn't have seen them together in any of the Justice League Animated series (from "Super Friends" to JLU). Anyways, IESB.net has reported that Batman will be in the film and they are putting their 100% garuntee on it. I am pretty sure that Superman (and Wonder Woman) will be in it too.

If that were true, then you wouldn't have seen them together in any of the Justice League Animated series (from "Super Friends" to JLU). Anyways, IESB.net has reported that Batman will be in the film and they are putting their 100% garuntee on it. I am pretty sure that Superman (and Wonder Woman) will be in it too.

I hope you are absolutely correct about Batman and Superman appearing in the film.

As for licensing reasons between Super Friends and JL Animated, we are talking about YEARS differences. Licenses have time limits. There were many things in the JL series that were not allowed in Super Friends, which is why JL was WAY better.

Im sure there are also differences in licensing movie characters and animated characters.

I hope you are absolutely correct about Batman and Superman appearing in the film.

As for licensing reasons between Super Friends and JL Animated, we are talking about YEARS differences. Licenses have time limits. There were many things in the JL series that were not allowed in Super Friends, which is why JL was WAY better.

Im sure there are also differences in licensing movie characters and animated characters.

After reading the IESB.net article. I have a feeling that this project ("Justice League") has been in the planning for a very long time and that the licensing issues may have been already taken care of. Supposedly both Christian Bale and Brandon Routh have options in their contracts to star in an ensemble film. We shouldn't be worrying ourselves about who will and who won't be in the picture (unless it's Plastic Man).

After reading the IESB.net article. I have a feeling that this project ("Justice League") has been in the planning for a very long time and that the licensing issues may have been already taken care of.

Again, I hope you are correct. Now here is my list of some heroes who should NOT appear in the film (if it's ever made).

Booster Gold
Blue Beetle
Ice
Fire
Vixen
Steel
Supergirl (not exactly 3rd rate but there are other reasons why she shouldnt be in it)

Any of the Bat Family
Hawkman (Hawkgirl has it all over him: besides, DC NEEDS more girls).

I just dont think TPTB should waste any time with third tier characters.

Again, I hope you are correct. Now here is my list of some heroes who should NOT appear in the film (if it's ever made).

Booster Gold
Blue Beetle
Ice
Fire
Vixen
Steel
Supergirl (not exactly 3rd rate but there are other reasons why she shouldnt be in it)

Any of the Bat Family
Hawkman (Hawkgirl has it all over him: besides, DC NEEDS more girls).

I just dont think TPTB should waste any time with third tier characters.

I agree with this list for the first picture, but if there are any sequels, it might be ok to have them as extras (except Supergirl and Plastic Man).

I agree with this list for the first picture, but if there are any sequels, it might be ok to have them as extras (except Supergirl and Plastic Man).

That depends on how much time is ''wasted'' on extras. It's been proven that having too many characters in a movie isnt a good thing.

NO Spin-off character should ever appear in a JL movie. This means Supergirl, Nightwing and any other such character should always be out of the loop.

I would love to see a movie that focuses on 5 to 7 characters. This way everyone can be showcased properly without anyone being too over-shadowed by Superman or Batman.

Wonder Woman would do well in the well because she's beautiful and rarely ever seen as anything less. Therefore, Superman and Batman would not overshadow her.

That depends on how much time is ''wasted'' on extras. It's been proven that having too many characters in a movie isnt a good thing.

NO Spin-off character should ever appear in a JL movie. This means Supergirl, Nightwing and any other such character should always be out of the loop.

I would love to see a movie that focuses on 5 to 7 characters. This way everyone can be showcased properly without anyone being too over-shadowed by Superman or Batman.

Wonder Woman would do well in the well because she's beautiful and rarely ever seen as anything less. Therefore, Superman and Batman would not overshadow her.

I think they know (from JLU) that it would be important to have the big 7 in the mix as much as postible. Any of the female characters will fair well in an ensemble since the will be surronded by a supporting (male) cast.

I think they know (from JLU) that it would be important to have the big 7 in the mix as much as postible. Any of the female characters will fair well in an ensemble since the will be surronded by a supporting (male) cast.

True. I LOVED the line-up in the JL Animated. That is my perfect JL team. I expected Aquaman and was ok with the hook and beared version. However, I like the classic look (but with shoulder length hair).

I was ok with Aquaman being replaced by Hawkgirl. I never liked the "Wonder Woman hanging with the guys" idea.

I agree, this is a horrible idea.

You claim that no DC hero other than Superman and Batman can hold a solo movie. Yet lesser-known Marvel comics like Iron Man and Fantastic Four can? Guys like Flash and Green Lantern aren't on the level of Superman or Batman, but they are more famous than a lot of the Marvel characters getting their own movies.

Then, you propose that these characters (who would supposedly fail in solo movies) should be put into pseudo Justice League movies, where the League doesn't actually even exist, and the movies just focus on separate pairs of heroes? And that it should take 3 or 4 movies to even get up to the League's formation? How long do you think you can test the audience's patience? 3 or 4 movies is about a decade in real life time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"